IGNORED

Offside from a goal kick

nickolas

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The rule (and I am sure I will be corrected if wrong) is that you can only be offside in your opponents half, but the decision is given where that player first touches the ball

I can remember the Tammy incident you meant, and can remember someone posting a link to the laws on here

If a player is in an offside position ( in the oppos half)when the ball is kicked,  then runs back into his own half to be the first player to touch it, he is offside where he touches it.

If he didn’t touch the ball but made a play for it ( ie jumping for a header) he would still be offside as he became active from an offside position.

Hope this makes sense!.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

If a player is in an offside position ( in the oppos half)when the ball is kicked,  then runs back into his own half to be the first player to touch it, he is offside where he touches it.

If he didn’t touch the ball but made a play for it ( ie jumping for a header) he would still be offside as he became active from an offside position.

Hope this makes sense!.

Explained better than me @Portland Bill :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

Also to the people who were moaning around me about the 2 Preston players who got injured during the same incident and didn't have to go off the field of play... 

Nope the ref didn't get it wrong. They dont have to go off if both are treated for the injury. 

Check the rules! 

That is the rules but I only saw one of them get treatment?... I may have blinked and missed the other get treatment, but the physio seemed to just pat his knee as he ran through to the other?

17 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A spirit that Preston abused with abandon all game.

My 2 favourites were clash of heads 2 of their players, both had treatment, neither made to leave the pitch plus ref made us give them back the ball, plus we have a stoppage & end up with a contested drop ball where they seem to have 3 players to our one and the ref appears to throw the ball at them.

What the **** was he on?

23 minutes ago, lanceloto said:

That is the rules but I only saw one of them get treatment?... I may have blinked and missed the other get treatment, but the physio seemed to just pat his knee as he ran through to the other?

One of the PNE players was treated by the City physio (Alan McFerran who usually works with the U23s I believe, no ide where the usual physio Steve Allen was)

Going off on a complete tangent - there seem to be a lot of incidents now where a team scores, tries to grab the ball to take it back to the centre, and gets really upset when it isn’t given back. I’ve even heard the commentators supporting this.

But surely the team that has conceded the goal is taking the kick off, so is entitled to hang on to the ball?

52 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Going off on a complete tangent - there seem to be a lot of incidents now where a team scores, tries to grab the ball to take it back to the centre, and gets really upset when it isn’t given back. I’ve even heard the commentators supporting this.

But surely the team that has conceded the goal is taking the kick off, so is entitled to hang on to the ball?

I reckon yeah. However, somehow the magnificent officials seem to react as if its the defending team’s fault for holding onto the ball!

dreadful dreadful officiating. It seems to get steadily worse too. 

The ref gave us F all of importance at the Atteo end, the lino’s Flag seemed glued to his right knee, strange that each time THEY f-d it up we got a soft one pretty quick after!  WTF is the FL up to, ref so local to Preston he could have travelled with the team! 

Had our boys been up to the game we would have been able to win it - without the Biased officials! Was I the only one who thought their 2nd goal was offside, the scorer was ahead of the field almost the whole of the attack! The sky highlight of no help

19 hours ago, dave36 said:

The ref gave us F all of importance at the Atteo end, the lino’s Flag seemed glued to his right knee, strange that each time THEY f-d it up we got a soft one pretty quick after!  WTF is the FL up to, ref so local to Preston he could have travelled with the team! 

Had our boys been up to the game we would have been able to win it - without the Biased officials! Was I the only one who thought their 2nd goal was offside, the scorer was ahead of the field almost the whole of the attack! The sky highlight of no help

Offside 2nd goal, i was right in line. Very close, some you get some you dont. With those officials we werent getting that one!

21 hours ago, Leveller said:

The referee will add the time on anyway, so it’s a pointless exercise in holding on to the ball.

On 24/11/2017 at 09:04, Rudolf Hucker said:

You're correct although I'd meant "You can't be offside anytime that the ball, having left, is returned to the field of play, ie from a goal kick, corner or throw in".

Yep, just agreeing with you as when the ball is dropped by the ref it is being returned to the field of play as it is deemed "dead" when he takes it into his possession.

Archived