IGNORED

Jordan Hugill

Super Scotty Murray

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

He would be a useful signing for us in Jan.  I think we are two nice in forward places. We need someone who puts himself about and upsets defenders  a fit duric. Maybe could do it. 

Preston turned down £8m for him in the summer, don’t think we’re shopping in those markets just yet & personally I don’t think it would be value for money! Especially considering they are expecting bids of about £12m in January!

1 hour ago, super_scotty_murray said:

I am not sure I have ever seen a player commit as many fouls in 90 minutes as he did today. The new Kevin Davies. Effective and the ref let him get away with it. 

Well in his early days out PNE when he'd come with a mainly non-league pedigree, Kevin Davies was a guy he was learning from at PNE, along with Garner.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Well in his early days out PNE when he'd come with a mainly non-league pedigree, Kevin Davies was a guy he was learning from at PNE, along with Garner.

Never have guessed! What a complete and utter Norris he was.  Alongside Pearson and a few others tonight who's actions were a complete and utter p*ss take.   Pathetic. But, the ref bought it, let's them get away with it and it got the job done for you so you have to say fair play. Take an away win any way you can. Wouldn't fancy watching it every week though! 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Never have guessed! What a complete and utter Norris he was.  Alongside Pearson and a few others tonight who's actions were a complete and utter p*ss take.   Pathetic. But, the ref bought it, let's them get away with it and it got the job done for you so you have to say fair play. Take an away win any way you can. Wouldn't fancy watching it every week though! 

It doesn't happen every week under Neil, although it was fairly regular under Grayson.

As I've just said on another thread, we were on the road against a side doing very well and hadn't won in almost 2 months. We just needed to get a result in whatever fashion.

Just now, pnefcok said:

It doesn't happen every week under Neil, although it was fairly regular under Grayson.

As I've just said on another thread, we were on the road against a side doing very well and hadn't won in almost two months. We just needed to get a result in whatever fashion.

And like I said, fair play to you. 

46 minutes ago, Super said:

The most annoying was the player that stood in front of every free kick and took an age to move!:grr:

Pretty sure that was Daniel Johnson. Their captain was the most annoying IMO moaning to the ref the entire game, often running 30-40 metres to have a go at him, with no attempt by the ref to stop it. They took advantage of a very very weak ref. 

10 hours ago, pnefcok said:

As I've just said on another thread, we were on the road against a side doing very well and hadn't won in almost 2 months. We just needed to get a result in whatever fashion.

I take issue with the referee more than the players. It is completely expected that a team on the back of a bad run against a side in form will try every trick in the book to nullify the game. It is the ref that needed to be stronger. Once he let players get away with things early on then he set the stall out. I don't understand why refs don't just call captains over early on and say, look, I know what you are up to, the next person to commit a deliberate act of gamesmanship is in the book, end of. Refs usually do nothing until around the 80th minute when it is too late. Preston were very professional in keeping pressure on the ref, Huntington spent most of the game in the refs ear. One of the weakest refs I have ever seen. And I will also say that City got away with quite a few fouls that were unpunished as well. The difference was they were genuine clumsy attempts for the ball, rather than the cynical fouling that Preston committed for pretty much the entire game. The only time they stopped was for 10 minutes after they went 2-0 up. For most of second half up until then they were on the floor, wasting time, standing over free kicks or moaning at the ref about apparent unpunished Bristol City fouls. And then Pearson had the cheek to complain being booked for a cynical foul which injured our best player Joe Bryan, who was targeted for most of the game. Jesus wept!

10 hours ago, pnefcok said:

This explains everything. Well not quite ' everything ' . It doesn't explain why my socks go into the wash in pairs and come out all alone .

I wonder if there is a black hole in my washing machine and somewhere , in a parallel universe , there is another me wondering where his other sock has gone .

Makes you think doesn't it ? 

He was lucky not to hurt someone in the crowd the way he kicked the ball into the crowd alas gerad lavin away at reading !! 

Also the goalkeeper smacked the ball into the crowd at 100mph to allow his player to get seen by physio. Although he did apologise completely stupid.

15 minutes ago, Spoons said:

He was lucky not to hurt someone in the crowd the way he kicked the ball into the crowd alas gerad lavin away at reading !! 

Also the goalkeeper smacked the ball into the crowd at 100mph to allow his player to get seen by physio. Although he did apologise completely stupid.

Totally moronic, smacked it dead straight in the lower Lansdown. Could've really hurt someone that.

12 hours ago, Super said:

The most annoying was the player that stood in front of every free kick and took an age to move!:grr:

Yea...I dont understand this and why it is allowed now. A few seasons back people used to get booked for that and now refs just let them get away with it, so everyone does it (including Bobby for us). Its very annoying. I wonder if the relaxation on it came in when the refs spray can things came in....maybe they make the argument that until the ref walks the ten yards and sprays the ground they are not instructed on where to stand. 

Either way its annoying, we should go back to booking people that will stop it

13 hours ago, Super said:

Daniel Johnson.

I actually thought he was the ref, though Huntington (who was repeatedly trying to get Djuric booked) and Pearson also seemed to be refereeing it at times.

Hughill got away with repeated fouling thanks to the spineless officials.

11 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

What I didn't understand is why one of our players didn't just boot the ball at the oppo player stood over the ball. Surely then it's an immediate yellow card for encroachment?

Agree, either between his legs or at his face.

Even If he wasn't booked as he clearly should have been, it would have stopped him cheating all game.

18 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

What I didn't understand is why one of our players didn't just boot the ball at the oppo player stood over the ball. Surely then it's an immediate yellow card for encroachment?

Because we're too nice!

We need to get a bit more street wise, but not up to the Colin level.

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Daniel Johnson.

I actually thought he was the ref, though Huntington (who was repeatedly trying to get Djuric booked) and Pearson also seemed to be refereeing it at times.

Hughill got away with repeated fouling thanks to the spineless officials.

Johnson was running 20 yards just to stand in front of the free kick, an obvious gamesmanship tactic that should of led to an early booking, PNE were on the crest of a slump so don’t blame them in the slightest for trying it on but I bet they couldn’t believe they’d get such a weak ref, what a painful painful game to watch

Gotta say the amount of times I was shouting for someone to take a free kick quickly and boot it against a PNE player was ridiculous. I think LJ is more wily than some realise but we need to start being better and combatting the kind of tactics Preston utilised last night.

Archived