IGNORED

One positive from tonight?...

SedRA

Eliasson. 

Thought he was brilliant when he came on. Really sharp, energy, lots of movement looking for the ball, beating their LB with ease and putting some beautiful crosses in. 

Gotta be pushing to start instead of Pato (who looks off the pace still). Particularly at home.

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Eliasson. 

Thought he was brilliant when he came on. Really sharp, energy, lots of movement looking for the ball, beating their LB with ease and putting some beautiful crosses in. 

Gotta be pushing to start instead of Pato (who looks off the pace still). Particularly at home.

Was only listening, but did cross my mind it would have been interesting to have had him and Djuric on at the same time. Good crosses, but to whom?

Yep and my only problem with the changes was bringing Eliasson on who likes to cross and moving Callum left which encourages him to cross and taking the target man off the pitch!! Maybe we don’t get it out wide as much if he stays on but needed a bigger target in there with the amount of crosses we got in there. 

I had a bad feeling about tonight anyway. Catching Preston as they are getting fit so bad timing and now we are the ones carrying all the knocks. When 6-7 players miss significant time, momentum is bound to die down. I hope those booing were aiming it at the referree though. Been a fantastic season so far and we have been through a lot. Need to stay behind the boys now not get all antsy because we fall out of the top 6. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and my only problem with the changes was bringing Eliasson on who likes to cross and moving Callum left which encourages him to cross and taking the target man off the pitch!! Maybe we don’t get it out wide as much if he stays on but needed a bigger target in there with the amount of crosses we got in there. 

I had a bad feeling about tonight anyway. Catching Preston as they are getting fit so bad timing and now we are the ones carrying all the knocks. When 6-7 players miss significant time, momentum is bound to die down. I hope those booing were aiming it at the referree though. Been a fantastic season so far and we have been through a lot. Need to stay behind the boys now not get all antsy because we fall out of the top 6. 

Tbf I don't think anyone's getting antsy about falling out of the top 6 (partly because we haven't) just the absolutely abject performance. 

Just now, RedSA said:

Tbf I don't think anyone's getting antsy about falling out of the top 6 just the absolute abject performance. 

Which is fair. I wasn’t happy either just don’t think they deserve boos quite yet. We have to come to terms with teams happy with a point at AG and frustrating them and us! Preston got a first half goal which they were happy to protect. Still a young team learning on the go. 

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought we needed to go 433. Said it at half time on here. We could have kept Duric up top and have eliasson and odowda in more advanced wide areas. With Reid, smith and Brownhill in the middle. We didn't have anyone to cross to. Eliasson really was superb. Lets hope he can do that on a regular basis. 

It was a mistake starting brownhill and smith in the middle. Patterson had his worst ever game in a city shirt. We got overrun and had no time in the midfield. A very poor midfield performance first half.  Bringing on pack allowed both brownhill and smith to press higher. It was a bit better second half, at least we had some sustained pressure, but as has been said no one to cross to. When Joe went off we looked very vulnerable to the counter and odowda who was Also pretty poor tried to beat a second player when he didn't need to. He forgot he was a wing back not a winger. 

Elliason did well. With no one to hit. Patterson Bryan Djuric all out of it. 

Why did we start carrying three knocks. It’s utterly insane. 

PNE spoiled hustled and got stuck in against eight men and three crocks. Yes they deserved their win against a side that looked utterly out of sorts. 

I am angry right now but a thoroughly avoidAble situation. Two subs for two crocks at ht and Bryan looked like he needed a crutch was forced to stay on. 

TodAy LJ GOT IT ALL WRONG. but hey ho. When Saturday comes. 

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I'm not yet sure what everyone is raving about - he beat his man a few times, but his delivery was hardly fantastic. I seem to recall he pulled one back towards the edge of the area when everyone was running for the 6 yard line. a bit of composure, an end product and we could have made more of his excellent approach.

I agree but he was least crap!

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I'm not yet sure what everyone is raving about - he beat his man a few times, but his delivery was hardly fantastic. I seem to recall he pulled one back towards the edge of the area when everyone was running for the 6 yard line. a bit of composure, an end product and we could have made more of his excellent approach.

His delivery wasn't fantastic?! He put at least 6 or 7 great balls into the box. I agree on the one he cut back though, if he'd put the across the back line, Pack had got ahead of the defender. 

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Elliason did well. With no one to hit. Patterson Bryan Djuric all out of it. 

Why did we start carrying three knocks. It’s utterly insane. 

PNE spoiled hustled and got stuck in against eight men and three crocks. Yes they deserved their win against a side that looked utterly out of sorts. 

I am angry right now but a thoroughly avoidAble situation. Two subs for two crocks at ht and Bryan looked like he needed a crutch was forced to stay on. 

TodAy LJ GOT IT ALL WRONG. but hey ho. When Saturday comes. 

According to his post match interview there was no planned change of style and he said it seemed like because the guys saw Djuric upfront it meant they had to play route one.

42 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

In comparison to odowda in the first half he beat his man virtually every time. Odowda managed to do it once in the first half and Paterson not at all. His crosses were good and his corners, but they defended well and got lucky a few times. He looked our best winger by some distance. He did get better service due to brownhill playing further up the pitch and pack provided a couple of good through balls. 

40 minutes ago, hodge said:

According to his post match interview there was no planned change of style and he said it seemed like because the guys saw Djuric upfront it meant they had to play route one.

Couldn’t listen. But it certainly seemed the Adebola effect under GJ was in evidence. However he’s not fit nor is Patterson or Bryan. Yes players play with knocks but Patterson needs a drip and joe and Djuric a crutch. 

The fit players are there but LJ chose to play crocks. 

We were out fought everywhere in midfield so we went to plan b knock it long to the crock. 

Taylor was available Magnússon Kelly Vyner Et al. Now we have hull with those three buggered and he has to play a couple. 

This was a thoroughly avoidAble situation. 

I’m fuming. Taylor was there Djuric coming on. Magnússon at LB and anyone of elliason Leko to start. But no. He has to have confidence in his players ...or not. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Couldn’t listen. But it certainly seemed the Adebola effect under GJ was in evidence. However he’s not fit nor is Patterson or Bryan. Yes players play with knocks but Patterson needs a drip and joe and Djuric a crutch. 

The fit players are there but LJ chose to play crocks. 

We were out fought everywhere in midfield so we went to plan b knock it long to the crock. 

Taylor was available Magnússon Kelly Vyner Et al. Now we have hull with those three buggered and he has to play a couple. 

This was a thoroughly avoidAble situation. 

I’m fuming. Taylor was there Djuric coming on. Magnússon at LB and anyone of elliason Leko to start. But no. He has to have confidence in his players ...or not. 

Bryan passed a fitness test so you can't blame him for starting Joe, if there was any doubt over his fitness you'd argue the phyio/those in charge that side should have ruled him unavailable. Honestly don't know what's going on with Djuric he seemed alright today putting himself about and was subbed for tactical reasons rather than injury based. Pato has shown his spark in some previous games since being back so again could forgive LJ for wanting his best player in that position on the pitch, became obvious it wasn't right and changed it. 

I thought Eliasson was great when he came on. He was quick, tricky and direct and absolutely roasted the full back all night.

I’d love to see him play on the left though. His delivery with his natural left foot is outstanding and I think he’d be even better on that side without having to cut back and then cross all the time. 

Archived