IGNORED

The International curse strikes again

gow2gooseya

Before you start contemplating that long walk out into the Weston mud, consider that after the last international break we came back to a 0-0 against Burton, followed by a home defeat against a street-savvy Leeds.  This time its a 0-0 against a wednesday, followed by a home defeat to a street-savvy Preston.  

The good news is, after the Leeds result we went on a 4 game winning streak (in all competitions), only halted by another infernal international break.   It seems we get thrown off course quite easily.   Time for a management rethink about how the players are spending their time during the World Cup mele.  The sensible answer would be to take the first 15 off to La Manga for a week, and organise a couple of friendlies there.  

Its all about keeping the energy in the group, and keeping the players channelled.  

A bit like the Hogwarts Express  You open the lid and all the steam will escape, and then you'll never get the engine started

How strange, bloke in front of me was saying that "the over paid ***** should be ******* ashamed of the steaming pile of **** on show, probably all ******* out after blowing there **** during the international break", to which I commented "just like the Hogwarts Express".

Think this one came at a good time for us and this is injuries catching up to us. Pato was poor but has been out about a month. Bryan looked a bit laboured. Pisano out meaning less threat going forward. No Fam to occupy defenders. Djuric we can’t overuse. Baker has had some problems and Wright and Callum not as rested with competitive matches over the break. It is just a long season catching up to us a bit and we need players back fit and playing. Hull away is probably our most winnable of the 3 coming back imo so I am positive about the weekend. 

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think this one came at a good time for us and this is injuries catching up to us. Pato was poor but has been out about a month. Bryan looked a bit laboured. Pisano out meaning less threat going forward. No Fam to occupy defenders. Djuric we can’t overuse. Baker has had some problems and Wright and Callum not as rested with competitive matches over the break. It is just a long season catching up to us a bit and we need players back fit and playing. Hull away is probably our most winnable of the 3 coming back imo so I am positive about the weekend. 

It's November

On 11/21/2017 at 23:20, 054123 said:

How strange, bloke in front of me was saying that "the over paid ***** should be ******* ashamed of the steaming pile of **** on show, probably all ******* out after blowing there **** during the international break", to which I commented "just like the Hogwarts Express".

Bet he thought you were right weird

On 21/11/2017 at 22:21, JoeAman08 said:

Agree.

This is a division of fine lines (and margins!), where teams even in the play-off hunt go on losing runs (Leeds, Preston).  I like the fact that we’ve only lost 3 games....I know with 3 points for a win that Sheffield Utd losing twice as many are in a better position, but for us, after last season’s losing run, going unbeaten stops the doubts coming in.

Its also easy to take the 1st game back in isolation, but 4/9 points is ok.  If we take the "next 5 games" thread, our worst haul this season in any 5 game period is 6 points....the first 5 games.  If that is our worst 5 game total come March, we are going to in with a shout.

For the record in 14/15 season, we lost 3 games in our worst 5 game run, but won 2 so got 6 points.

We don’t have many internationals going off in the break, so I think it allows us to regroup, work on things or give players a rest.  Neither Hördur or Callum have been over-used, so them getting minutes is fine by me.  

I think the breaks are good for us.

9 hours ago, gow2gooseya said:

Bet he thought you were right weird

Turns out he's a massive fan as well and we'd actually met previously at Asda cribbs causeway whilst queing for the midnight release of Goblet of Fire. 

He thoroughly appreciated the comparison, which goes to show you never can tell.

On 11/26/2017 at 20:06, 054123 said:

Turns out he's a massive fan as well and we'd actually met previously at Asda cribbs causeway whilst queing for the midnight release of Goblet of Fire. 

He thoroughly appreciated the comparison, which goes to show you never can tell.

Isnt football a funny game :laugh:

Expelliarmus !

On 26/11/2017 at 20:08, Jurassic said:

LJ needs to review his whole approach to International Breaks. We don't know exactly what he does but whatever it is it's not working. 

Maybe give the players a complete break from football.? 

Three games this season after the International break, zero losses. 

Reading (A) - W

Burton (H) - D

Sheffield Wed (A) - D

On 11/30/2017 at 11:01, El Hombrecito said:

Three games this season after the International break, zero losses. 

Reading (A) - W

Burton (H) - D

Sheffield Wed (A) - D

The last 2 times have been followed by 0-0 draws, and a 0-3 to Leeds and 1-2 to Preston.

In fact, our only disappointing results so far have been after International breaks. Not sure if that was the case for the Birmingham result, but it does seem like a pattern has emerged. Thats good. Patterns can be changed

On 21/11/2017 at 22:13, gow2gooseya said:

Before you start contemplating that long walk out into the Weston mud, consider that after the last international break we came back to a 0-0 against Burton, followed by a home defeat against a street-savvy Leeds.  This time its a 0-0 against a wednesday, followed by a home defeat to a street-savvy Preston.  

The good news is, after the Leeds result we went on a 4 game winning streak.

And so we did!

Archived