IGNORED

Early leavers

Super

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I guess seeing as I was still there that "lovely" night with the score reading Bristol City 0-6 Cardiff, and right til the bitter end... I think you can safely say i'm not likely to leave early EVER.

Wasn't at that one but I stuck it out to the end of the 6-1 defeat by Wolves years ago. 

40 minutes ago, Jon6956 said:

It lessens my enjoyment of the game when I can't see anything whilst the hordes of people around me are walking down the steps. 

yes too true mate i dont know why half of em bother to go they spend more time up an down the steps an going for a piss or cup of tea than watching the game all in all its forty five mins each way for fucksake

I always stay til the end.  It's disrespectful to leave early.  Disrespectul to the players, the fans who cant see the game because you are stood in front of them and disrespectful to those in your row who have to stand to let you pass.

Also, I dont want to give the opposition fans an excuse to sing cheerio.

Stay til the end.

1 hour ago, Jon6956 said:

It lessens my enjoyment of the game when I can't see anything whilst the hordes of people around me are walking down the steps. 

then you should have been grateful tonight then, because if you got any enjoyment from that game you have a very strange sense of humour, it was piss poor entertainment and that's being generous. 

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I always stay til the end.  It's disrespectful to leave early.  Disrespectul to the players, the fans who cant see the game because you are stood in front of them and disrespectful to those in your row who have to stand to let you pass.

Also, I dont want to give the opposition fans an excuse to sing cheerio.

Stay til the end.

Absolutely - must be totally demoralising for the players to see hundreds if not thousands walking out way before the end just because we are losing....and there was so long to go too....hope most of them also walked out when we were 4-2 down away at Mansfield in that infamous comeback game, but they probably weren't there so it doesn't matter.

But they will all be back for the big Man Yoo game tho and they will be sneaking out when we are 0-3 down to their yoof team. Good riddance.

The guy who sits three seats to my left got up and stomped out at 0-2 tonight whilst yelling 'we are shit, we won't score another goal before Christmas....' - how wrong he was, can't wait to see him next home game, after the run we've had he felt he could yell 'we are shit...' - sometimes I despair at our home 'fans' - reminds me of the reasons I only went to away games many years back...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely - must be totally demoralising for the players to see hundreds if not thousands walking out way before the end just because we are losing....and there was so long to go too....hope most of them also walked out when we were 4-2 down away at Mansfield in that infamous comeback game, but they probably weren't there so it doesn't matter.

But they will all be back for the big Man Yoo game tho and they will be sneaking out when we are 0-3 down to their yoof team. Good riddance.

The guy who sits three seats to my left got up and stomped out at 0-2 tonight whilst yelling 'we are shit, we won't score another goal before Christmas....' - how wrong he was, can't wait to see him next home game, after the run we've had he felt he could yell 'we are shit...' - sometimes I despair at our home 'fans' - reminds me of the reasons I only went to away games many years back...

Well said. I simply cannot get my head around why anyone would leave a football match with 20 minutes still to go. There is so much that can happen in 20 minutes of football. And so often it does.

I was outspoken about fans leaving at 75 minutes in the match thread and I stand by what I said. If your support vanishes when the team is losing or the performance is poor, do you really understand what it means to be a supporter? Leaving with so long left is such a childish and petulant reaction. Toys out of the pram. 

In adversity more than ever, the team needs our support. With each fan that leaves early, the prospect of the team recovering the game diminishes a little further. Home advantage is home advantage for a reason. City only ended up losing by the odd goal tonight. Maybe if everyone had stayed and continued to back the team, that extra 1% could have made the difference and we might have rescued a draw.

The "I've paid my money I'll do what I want" mentality suggests a fundamental lack of understanding of what it means to be a football supporter. The clue is in the name.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well said. I simply cannot get my head around why anyone would leave a football match with 20 minutes still to go. There is so much that can happen in 20 minutes of football. And so often it does.

I was outspoken about fans leaving at 75 minutes in the match thread and I stand by what I said. If your support vanishes when the team is losing or the performance is poor, do you really understand what it means to be a supporter? Leaving with so long left is such a childish and petulant reaction. Toys out of the pram. 

In adversity more than ever, the team needs our support. With each fan that leaves early, the prospect of the team recovering the game diminishes a little further. Home advantage is home advantage for a reason. City only ended up losing by the odd goal tonight. Maybe if everyone had stayed and continued to back the team, that extra 1% could have made the difference and we might have rescued a draw.

The "I've paid my money I'll do what I want" mentality suggests a fundamental lack of understanding of what it means to be a football supporter. The clue is in the name.

Great words CR - I agree totally, I think supporting your team means sticking with them when they are losing, not sulking and storming out because another team has the temerity to take the lead against us with loads of time left...no team in the world can, or will, win every game. Yet some of our fans seem to expect us to win every fixture and they just can't take it when we go behind, so they yell 'we are shit' and walk out...just when their team needs them most...it's quite pathetic...

2 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Ha ha!! Get over yourself :clapping:I paid my money so £uck you!

Clearly!! These c&nts piss me off.

You’re a tool!! Full of hot air and probably sat there all quiet when all we’re leaving around you because you only got a pair of balls once your keyboard is in front off you. 

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

But I wouldn’t sit on my hands or keep quiet if people were pissing me off!! Coward. 

None of my business, and whilst I have never left a match early (and I have seen some dreadful performances and defeats in my time) I suppose you are entitled to leave when you want.

But why would you wish to be so aggressive about it on this forum, and to a fellow City fan to boot?

I think it might be a good idea to get some sleep now. 

Also, I've paid to watch 90 mins.  I only get to watch about 60 mins if I stay til the end.  The amount of timewasting, goalkeepers wasting time, wasting time with throw ins, free kicks, substitutions, rolling around with fake injuries is obscene.

I need to take a stopwatch, but tonight, I saw about 30 mins wasted and that excuse for a referee (myopic?) added 3 mins to the first half and five to the second.  Preston probably wasted another 5 mins within the added 5 minutes alone.

We pay for and deserve 90 mins.

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Also, I've paid to watch 90 mins.  I only get to watch about 60 mins if I stay til the end.  The amount of timewasting, goalkeepers wasting time, wasting time with throw ins, free kicks, substitutions, rolling around with fake injuries is obscene.

I need to take a stopwatch, but tonight, I saw about 30 mins wasted and that excuse for a referee (myopic?) added 3 mins to the first half and five to the second.  Preston probably wasted another 5 mins within the added 5 minutes alone.

We pay for and deserve 90 mins.

If you stopped the watch every time the ball went out of play, then like NFL you would be there for hours. A 7:45 KO wouldn't end until 10.30-11 if there was serious time wasting, injuries etc.

5 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Good on you lads for staying the extra 20 minutes.

Have a badge for being a better fan than everyone else.

Image result for superfan badge

P.S Wasn't at the game tonight as out of the country. (Don't worry, I'll give myself a shit-fan badge.)

So apparently a "superfan" is now someone who doesn't stomp off likely a sulky teenager the second their team looks likely to lose. I had always assumed the bar was a bit higher.

I always stay to the end on Saturdays but have to get up early for work in the week. I dont mind sticking around to the end, waiting in traffic and being tired at work the next day if I've been entertained but that wasn't the case last night. After the second goal i felt my time would be better spent getting some much needed kip. Don't feel I need to apologise for that. I don't set the fixtures and as they say, I pays me money I makes me choice innit

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bearing in mind we scored in that time and Bobby missed a great chance.

8 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

**** you i left after 70 and got back to Frome at 11... Don't see why people judge when they don't know peoples circumstances!!

Hey.

I stayed till the bitter end and got back to Frome by 11 too. Managed a pasty and chips from the Chinese by The Robins whilst taking 15 minutes to get to the car.

Which way did you go? Seems to have taken you a bit longer than me :blink:

9 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

I wanted to leave before then tbh it was that dire a game esp the subs he made,pack when we’re a goal down.

And who exactly was playing the balls put to Eliason when we were attacking? Yep, Pack. Always the scapegoat. All of our attacks came through Pack in the second half, he should have started. Especially at home.

7 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

If you stopped the watch every time the ball went out of play, then like NFL you would be there for hours. A 7:45 KO wouldn't end until 10.30-11 if there was serious time wasting, injuries etc.

Not at all.  Once the players realised that any wasted time would be added on, there would be no point in wasting time and it would stop.  Do i recall correctly that a few years ago they experimented with this though?

Archived