IGNORED

Stadium Lights Again

AshtonPark

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

green-guide.pdf

interesting document, but all very vague really and uses words like adequate which is open to interpretation.  I wouldnt be surprised if the club have made a call on their version of “adequate” and that call is to keep all of the lights on all of the time, I’m sure they can change their interpretation 

791D6607-9B28-46B0-A3AC-193ECC99D2EF.jpeg

I would imagine sections 16.16-16.20 hold the answers...

51 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

green-guide.pdf

interesting document, but all very vague really and uses words like adequate which is open to interpretation.  I wouldnt be surprised if the club have made a call on their version of “adequate” and that call is to keep all of the lights on all of the time, I’m sure they can change their interpretation 

791D6607-9B28-46B0-A3AC-193ECC99D2EF.jpeg

Paragraph 3 is what we've been looking for!

Big Brother!!!

36 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Big Brother!!!

Then why are the lights dimmed during play at other Championship grounds, but not at AG?

Leaving so many lights on is ruinous to the atmosphere and enjoyment of evening games.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Then why are the lights dimmed during play at other Championship grounds, but not at AG?

Leaving so many lights on is ruinous to the atmosphere and enjoyment of evening games.

I agree.

Just pointing out a possible reason someone at the club may be getting all jobsworth about.

56 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Big Brother!!!

All modern CCTV will be IR capable. 

I believe @Mkelly stated it was somthing to do with the rake of the new stands.  However if that's the case then why are they on in the Dolman & Atyeo which haven't changed.

Whatever the reason its absolute bollocks and ruining night matches. No other ground I have EVER been do does this.  Do we need to ram this down the SAG groups throat if its them that's doing it? 

And IF we do reach the Premier League anytime soon it's probably not going to get any better.. New floodlight regulations have been introduced to provide viewers a better 'experience'.. ive actually noticed now in all prem grounds that mot only do they have floodlights on the two sides of the pitch but also on the stands behind the goal.. would mean installing them somehow in the Atyeo and the South Stand :facepalm: http://www.lighting.philips.com/main/cases/cases/arena-and-stadiums/arenavision-led-sport-lighting

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I believe @Mkelly stated it was somthing to do with the rake of the new stands.  However if that's the case then why are they on in the Dolman & Atyeo which haven't changed.

Whatever the reason its absolute bollocks and ruining night matches. No other ground I have EVER been do does this.  Do we need to ram this down the SAG groups throat if its them that's doing it? 

Its deffinetly the case at Old Trafford mate, ive witnessed it first hand there.. the light has further to travel there though as obviously the height of the cantilever roofs on there stands is obviously much higher than say the Dolman or South Stand so it dosnt feel AS bad

27 minutes ago, bris red said:

And IF we do reach the Premier League anytime soon it's probably not going to get any better.. New floodlight regulations have been introduced to provide viewers a better 'experience'.. ive actually noticed now in all prem grounds that mot only do they have floodlights on the two sides of the pitch but also on the stands behind the goal.. would mean installing them somehow in the Atyeo and the South Stand :facepalm: http://www.lighting.philips.com/main/cases/cases/arena-and-stadiums/arenavision-led-sport-lighting

Went to Watford earlier in the season for the Cup match, yes it was an evening match in late Summer but was still fully dark by the end of the match. It was lovely to watch the action on the pitch whilst the stands were in almost total darkness. Last night I'm sure I could see what everyone was eating and drinking in the Lansdown when looking across, that's if I wasn't blinded by the lighting in the stand. Absolutely ridiculous, totally ruins the atmosphere. We mights as well rename our ground The Stadium Of Light, more lit up than Sunderland's!

Oh, and Watfords PA was crystal clear too, and a female who was excellent. 

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Just getting beyond a joke now. It really is having a detrimental effect to night games. There was talk of being invited to a meeting about it which hasn't materialised as yet. Appreciate it's a first world problem but there are so many examples of modern newly built stadia as well as other stadiums and event spaces that dont have internal lights on with thousands of people in attendance that have safety certification that it's beyond  joke that nothing is being done about this at Ashton Gate despite repeated questions and requests that something be done about it. Something could be done about it but it appears that the powers that be don't really care about paying ' 'customers' (because it seems that's what we are now as opposed to supporters) views on this. 

5 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Everyone at Bristol Sport is a massive, massive jobsworth so it's no surprise.

Your remark may simply be 'tongue in cheek',  even so, it's pretty disrespectful to a lot of very hardworking people who work to ensure events at Ashton Gate go ahead successfully. I've met and worked with many Bristol Sport staff over the last couple of years and I've not met a 'jobsworth' yet...maybe I need to look a bit harder!

Went to a concert at the Albert hall recently , sat right up in the Gods  next to the railings. Guess what -lights out until the concert ended .

Every cinema and Theatre too has all the lights out  during the performance to create a more dramatic  atmosphere.

Why oh Why is  Ashton gate lit up like a Xmas Tree? Atmosphere killed as fans sit passively watching the game fully conscious of people and goings on around them  next to them, especially when we are not playing well. People are not so self conscious when it's dark and find it easier to cheer on their team when other are oblivious to their behaviour.

Must be an agenda item for the next fans meeting . Need to get the internal lights off for the Man Utd game three minutes after the start and back on just before half time.

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Is it really H&S or has that just been chucked out there as a reason because people tend to accept it?  They said the singing section couldn’t go in the SS and stand because of H&S a couple of years back, now it’s fine!

They use that term when they can't think up a reasonable excuse for their actions, or, don't want you to know their reasons.

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

Went to a concert at the Albert hall recently , sat right up in the Gods  next to the railings. Guess what -lights out until the concert ended .

Every cinema and Theatre too has all the lights out  during the performance to create a more dramatic  atmosphere.

Why oh Why is  Ashton gate lit up like a Xmas Tree? Atmosphere killed as fans sit passively watching the game fully conscious of people and goings on around them  next to them, especially when we are not playing well. People are not so self conscious when it's dark and find it easier to cheer on their team when other are oblivious to their behaviour.

Must be an agenda item for the next fans meeting . Need to get the internal lights off for the Man Utd game three minutes after the start and back on just before half time.

Well said, but why wait for Man.Utd?

We've got a 5.30 ko against Middlesbro, in 10 days time.

Drastic action is needed, this infuriating situation really cannot go on.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

World Tour finals at the O2 last week. 16,000 spectators sat in almost total darkness.

There is simply no logical reason why Ashton Gate needs to be any different.

D4C8D0C3-1E95-4801-B9B4-A0DE143A7B74.jpeg

This. A new arena built to modern safety standards and not a light in sight other than that on the playing surface. And there are numerous other examples held on a daily basis across the country at sports stadiums, arenas and large theatres where the owners are considering the viewing pleasure of their 'customers'. @Mkelly please can you give us a valid reason please for why Ashton Gate is any different from this event and the thousands of others that are held every year in similar circumstances. I think you've said that it's because you are personally responsible but what is it exactly that you think is going to happen that you think you are going to be personally responsible for that the safety officer of the O2 arena (that holds over 20,000 on concert nights) is evidently not holding the same concerns about? And Arsenals Emirates and Man City's stadium and Wembley and Vicarage Road etc etc etc? It needs addressing please. 

23 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Struggling to see how lights can effect a atmosphere?

Until recently evening games were positively publicised on the OS, and indeed advertised by LJ himself, as being played in the 'special atmosphere of Ashton Gate under the lights'.

Those 'lights' have traditionally always been the floodlights bathing the pitch - and the action - with bright light against the backdrop of the comparatively darkened stands.

An addition to the spectacle in comparison with afternoon games and a naturally enhanced atmosphere.

That special atmosphere which the club apparently so valued has now gone, with lights left on in the stands and excessive brightness of exit lights.

The club can no longer extol the virtues of AG's special atmosphere under the lights because they've destroyed it, literally, with 'overkill' regarding lighting.

You must be a relatively new supporter if you haven't noticed the huge difference, and reduction in atmosphere, at night games, caused by this excessive lighting, compared with previously.

I'd go as far as saying that if matches can't be held in our stadium unless it's lit up like a Christmas tree then itisn't fit for purpose, and that's very wrong and worrying too. Surely all this was thought of in the design stage? 

Archived