IGNORED

Name that stand

wendyredredrobin

35 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Edit: Found what I was on about.

IMG_9501.PNG

Bit of a cop out imho. It’s also sad that Louis Carey, the man who played more games for the club than anyone else isn’t recognised either. As a joint season ticket holder, City and rugby, the rugby fans should realise that AG is our home of 113 years and it’s therefor logical that stands, boxes etc, are named after City luminaries.

33 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

The Terry Cooper Stand would be my preference. We may have had higher profile or more successful managers, but never one who worked as hard or who cared as much. If he isn’t to have a stand named after him, it’s imperative somewhere within the Ground he is recognised.

Completely agree. TC's reign was a bit before my time but from the stuff I've read / watched and the stories I've heard about him from older reds tells me all I need to know.  The club really should be recognising his amazing contribution to our club imho. 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Completely agree. TC's reign was a bit before my time but from the stuff I've read / watched and the stories I've heard about him from older reds tells me all I need to know.  The club really should be recognising his amazing contribution to our club imho. 

Honorary Bristolian, his own words. Superb man and its a massive shame that theres nothing at AG named after him yet.

54 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Bit of a cop out imho. It’s also sad that Louis Carey, the man who played more games for the club than anyone else isn’t recognised either. As a joint season ticket holder, City and rugby, the rugby fans should realise that AG is our home of 113 years and it’s therefor logical that stands, boxes etc, are named after City luminaries.

Louis gets my vote

Just now, Rich said:

The South End, as in, Bristol South End, our former name. It's in Bristol South and the South end of the ground.

We can still have the East End of the South End, but, let that be the end of it. 

ooooooooooooo.

Terry cooper for me , dragged the club out of the doldrums , on a shoestring budget , a trip to Wembley , picked up the pieces after 82 

i have a lot of time for Louis Carey ,however he’s not done much other than play a lot of games for the club , leave to go to Coventry , come back. ! 

I don’t know why the club are reluctant to honour Terry Cooper , ? 

Just now, kivsy said:

Terry cooper for me , dragged the club out of the doldrums , on a shoestring budget , a trip to Wembley , picked up the pieces after 82 

i have a lot of time for Louis Carey ,however he’s not done much other than play a lot of games for the club , leave to go to Coventry , come back. ! 

I don’t know why the club are reluctant to honour Terry Cooper , ? 

Terry Cooper in the same bracket as Dolman, Atyeo and Lansdown? I don't think so

At the end of the day, I understand the concerns of the rugby fans, but Ashton Gate has (virtually) always been the home of Bristol City, for over a hundred years. The same can't be said for the rugby club. It's Bristol City who bring in the most fans, the most revenue, and the most publicity in general. If Bristol Rugby can put up playing in a red stadium surely they can understand only one of our stands having a name relevant to them?

23 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I understand what Cooper did but the same bracket your having a laugh

Ok let’s agree to disagree....you think club contributions are measured in goals and money....I think there’s more to it than that...TC is a Bristol City legend...what he did for us when we were at our lowest ebb both on and off the field was just simply amazing....hiring vans from his own pocket and driving hundreds of miles to help new signings move to Bristol ....going into Ashton Gate when it was empty to spruce the place up with paint and running repairs, again from his own pocket....refusing to give up on our club when thousands did...playing with two wingers....winning promotion in the most difficult of circumstances, crying at Wembley...etc etc etc etc...

I would never overlook the huge and mind numbing contributions made to Bristol City by messrs Atyeo, Dolman and Lansdown...but neither will I ever belittle or trivialise the contribution made by Terry Cooper...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok let’s agree to disagree....you think club contributions are measured in goals and money....I think there’s more to it than that...TC is a Bristol City legend...what he did for us when we were at our lowest ebb both on and off the field was just simply amazing....hiring vans from his own pocket and driving hundreds of miles to help new signings move to Bristol ....going into Ashton Gate when it was empty to spruce the place up with paint and running repairs, again from his own pocket....refusing to give up on our club when thousands did...playing with two wingers....winning promotion in the most difficult of circumstances, crying at Wembley...etc etc etc etc...

I would never overlook the huge and mind numbing contributions made to Bristol City by messrs Atyeo, Dolman and Lansdown...but neither will I ever belittle or trivialise the contribution made by Terry Cooper...

This is why somewhere within AG, Terry Cooper should be recognised.

4 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

The Terry Cooper Stand would be my preference. We may have had higher profile or more successful managers, but never one who worked as hard or who cared as much. If he isn’t to have a stand named after him, it’s imperative somewhere within the Ground he is recognised.

We've got this a stone's throw away though....:thumbsup:

17236.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rich said:

The South End, as in, Bristol South End, our former name. It's in Bristol South and the South end of the ground.

We can still have the East End of the South End, but, let that be the end of it. 

News reports back in 1894 called us The South Enders or The Southerners.  Take your pick.

Archived