IGNORED

Manchester Game - Couple of Shandies and Food

Davefevs

19 hours ago, spudski said:

I use the Ashville pre match. Great food and good drink selection.  Always good to pre book a table on match days though. Child friendly. Haven't seen wheelchairs, but plenty of large pushchairs.

And if you like Steak...check out the 98 oz challenge....

98 oz ?  ffs....   I've seen smaller horses! :)  

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Madras Express was where I was thinking of yeah. Was decent I thought.

The Clove? Not been there before, will have to try that one sometime.

You must try it. My fave restaurant in Bristol.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Seconded. Although the Indian by me just edges it sorry!

Thirded. And I've also had the curry by your house and The Clove makes it look like an Asda microwave meal. #SorryNotSorry

40 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The clove is terrible. Als tikka grill is far superior. 

Al's is 2nd on the best curry houses of BS3. Still can't believe they charge a corkage fee though. 

Their breakfasts are also amazing!

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Used it loads since it opened both as a dine-in customer and for a takeaway too. Most recently we were there on the Friday of the QF draw of the League Cup (what an afternoon that was eh) and it was up to it's usual high standard. Tasty food, big portions, nice Bangla beer and ready with a foil container at the end for you take home any leftovers. Job's a good 'un if you ask me. 

One negative is that they don't do deliveries, which I found out the hard way: after a long drinking session in The Old Butchers, we staggered home and phoned up The Clove to order some food. After an hour or more, we called back to complain about the time taken to deliver, at which point the chap advised that they don't deliver food, and our order was gathering dust in the kitchen. On reflection, they must have wondered why my friend bothered to give his home address.

17 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

One negative is that they don't do deliveries, which I found out the hard way: after a long drinking session in The Old Butchers, we staggered home and phoned up The Clove to order some food. After an hour or more, we called back to complain about the time taken to deliver, at which point the chap advised that they don't deliver food, and our order was gathering dust in the kitchen. On reflection, they must have wondered why my friend bothered to give his home address.

Ouch!!!!

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

£40 is very steep, especially given the amounts of money that will be ringing through the till from the corporate tables (which have rightly been priced to maximise profit from those who can most afford it) 

That said, I've not even had the email from the club about this "special offer" ! 

I emailed Doughballers to book a table, not via club

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Me neither, but no reason to doubt the original poster.

Maybe we are the undesirable types they want to keep away.

Photo below of email

4 hours ago, The_Don said:

Not a patch on the Raj Mahal in Redcliffe, gutted it's closing soon  :sad26:

Great curry, gave our lads Xmas curry there every year.

D20EA4FC-969F-4D9B-B9D0-1F47DDD96B31.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I emailed Doughballers to book a table, not via club

Photo below of email

Great curry, gave our lads Xmas curry there every year.

D20EA4FC-969F-4D9B-B9D0-1F47DDD96B31.jpeg

Goats cheese to start, Pizza for main, Cheese for dessert. I see a theme.

Who ever had a pizza and then thought “I could murder some cheese right now”.

£40 for that?! Not exactly masterchef is it.

Anyone who hasn’t tried Doughballers because it’s too pricey, download Wriggle, they regularly have offers on there. Today it had an offer of £6 for any pizza and a pint, might help someone. They had offers on Tuesday as well which may have saved someone a few quid on a pre-match munch, unfortunately it couldn’t improve the match :sad26:

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Been there thrice in recent years. 

1st time the service was so appalling, despite the almost completely empty restaurant, that I thought we’d actually been abandoned at one point!

2nd time much the same despite being busier, we were in there for something like 3 hours just to have two courses, it was bordering on the ridiculous. 

3rd time for a family meal....they completely forgot to cook what my fiancée ordered and then when they did whip it up, it was so disgusting that she couldn’t eat it - what little she did eat made her very sick overnight. It smelled like if you’d left raw chicken in a car for three days. In the Sahara. 

can't believe you went in there a third time must be a glutton for punishment.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

can't believe you went in there a third time must be a glutton for punishment.

To be fair, despite the shit service the first two times the food was excellent. There was also a good couple of years between visits two and three so I gave them a clean sheet......which sadly is more than they have the missus that night :laughcont:

Archived