IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I feel some sort of `mystery shopper` exercise is called for Tone. The masses need to know and you`re the man for the job.

I'd love to help but sadly one of my biggest hates in life is shopping. Praise God / Allah / Buddah or whoever for Amazon.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

I'd love to help but sadly one of my biggest hates in life is shopping. Praise God / Allah / Buddah or whoever for Amazon.

I had imagined you more as taking over from the late Michael Winner and visiting fine dining establishments to report on the availability of various non-pc foodstuffs.

No shopping involved.

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had imagined you more as taking over from the late Michael Winner and visiting fine dining establishments to report on the availability of various non-pc foodstuffs.

No shopping involved.

Ok, you are tempting me. I will start in the Black Lion at West Hampstead in about an hour

9 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I would generally agree but would add that most of the ridiculous things that are deemed 'not acceptable' because of PC are largely urban myths created by people with some kind of cause e.g. there have never been moves to ban Christmas for fear of offending Muslims, it's just a story invented by people with an anti-Muslim agenda. Spotted Dick (to use your daft example) is still a perfectly legitimate pudding, it has even appeared on my daughters primary school lunches menu (and you don't get a lot more PC than primary schools!). It's harder to find these days because a steamed pudding with raisins in just isn't so popular in these days of sugar and cream fuelled fantasies!

Came across this Rich (pardon the expression) and found it quite amusing. Just a bit of fun.

Banned words

Here are some non PC words you had better avoid as the truth often upsets!

Please use the PC alternative....

Alive Temporarily metabolically abled.
Bald Follicularly challenged
Body Odour Non discretionary fragrance
Broken Home Dysfunctional family
Caretaker Site Engineer
Clumsy Uniquely coordinated
Criminal Behaviourally challenged
Dead Living impaired
Dishonest Ethically disoriented
Drunk Chemically inconvenienced
Dustman Sanitation Engineer
Fail Achieve a deficiency
Fairy Petite airborne humanoid with mystical powers
Fat Horizontally challenged
Foreign Food Ethnic cuisine
Ghetto Economically disadvantaged area
Girlfriend Unpaid sex worker
Gossip Speedy transmission of near-factual information
Housewife Domestic Engineer
Ignorant Knowledge-based non-possessor
Illegal Aliens Undocumented Immigrants
Jailer Custodial Artist
Jungle Rain Forest
Late Rescheduled arrival time
Lazy Motivationally deficient
Lumberjack Tree Murderer
Natural Disaster Global Warming occurrence
Prostitute Sex worker
Sex change Gender reassignment
Short Vertically challenged
Shy Conversationally selective
Spendthrift Negative saver
Talkative Abundantly verbal
Tall Vertically enhanced
Trailer Park Mobile Home community
Tramp Homeless person
Ugly Cosmetically different
Unemployed Involuntarily leisured
Vagrant Nonspecifically destinationed individual
White Trash White Trash
Worst Least best
Wrong Differently logical

On the real names on forums thing, it's a hard one but I'm generally for the option to be anonymous. The reasons why:

*Employers like to look prospective employees up on social media. Would (so long as it's legal) rather keep my work and private life separate.

*Maybe some vicious individuals who are posters who may take exception.

*Maybe some readers who are non posters who maybe vicious. Could be literally anyone.

*General online trolls and much worse than trolls. With a real name, trolls who may range from anything like mischief making to vicious trolls they can cause chaos in someone's life.

*To feed into fact one again. Employers have strict social media policies increasingly these days and I'd rather not risk discipline or worse as some snooping line manager sees something they take exception to. (Unless is really bad of course in which case it's on me).

*General fraudsters. Real name helps them a lot. Not saying they're on here just generally there's plenty out there.

So IMO there's a million reasons or at least a good body of evidence to remain anon online.

To illustrate my point about the work stuff mainly.

Writing that just jogged my memory. Back in August, out of blue I got a follow request on Twitter.

Was internal recruiter at my work. Do I want him who I don't really know, yet who is quite influential at the company with more insight?

No. No, thank you. I would rather not.

18 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Just one thought to add into the mix. If there had not been football related violence, would fans have been able to sit and watch the game in the stadium with a beer?

Im glad you cant. Its very disruptive at rugby having to get up every five minutes to let someone pass you one way with a beer and the other way with a bladder full of piss.

21 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Im glad you cant. Its very disruptive at rugby having to get up every five minutes to let someone pass you one way with a beer and the other way with a bladder full of piss.

Maybe it was a one off but when me and a mate took in Roma-Inrer in August. 

We was in the bit next to Curva Sud. Lively area, lots of alcohol being sold- in the stand itself.. I had 3 pints in about half hour.

Fairly sure I didn't use toilet facilities once. Selling beer in the stand from trays was a masterstroke too, saved the disruption you describe. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it was a one off but when me and a mate took in Roma-Inrer in August. 

We was in the bit next to Curva Sud. Lively area, lots of alcohol being sold- in the stand itself.. I had 3 pints in about half hour.

Fairly sure I didn't use toilet facilities once. Selling beer in the stand from trays was a masterstroke too, saved the disruption you describe. :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong I have been in stadia in Germany and it seemed like everyone was flat out. Difference being people were stood. In our sterile AG environment where you are sat then drinking doesnt reconcile with seated fans.Curva sud aint the Dolman !

On 25/11/2017 at 16:42, BigTone said:

Have fun is the answer

I think the problem these days are mobile bloody phones, back in the day you could have a chat and a laugh without fear of anything getting back to anyone outside of your circle.

now you can’t do **** all without it being recorded and put on some media outlet. 

15 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I think the problem these days are mobile bloody phones, back in the day you could have a chat and a laugh without fear of anything getting back to anyone outside of your circle.

now you can’t do **** all without it being recorded and put on some media outlet. 

Undeestand exactly what you say and that extends to cctv but their benefits are obvious With cameras on phones though Danny Mills said on Friday (sky) players dont connect after the game with fans now. He says their wealth isnt why they are disconnected more than a knob selling a photo of them having a night out..

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Wouldn’t matter if we could still stand on proper terraces.

Football fans gave an excuse to the politicians to sanitise the game, leading to the SKY deals etc etc.  If those involved in football violence ‘back in the day’ don’t admit what they did ****** up football for the rest of us they deserve a ******* shoeing in their care homes.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:30, MarcusX said:

Of course I’m not “getting it”, I don’t have the same Neanderthal mindset. I’m a grown up.

So you admit you don't understand and don't get it, of course you don't.

As you don't understand, Ill let my Neanderthal brain working, shouldn't be too tough for a man with a degree in Graphic Design and Communication, and a post grad in anatomy and physiology.

10 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Dont get me wrong I have been in stadia in Germany and it seemed like everyone was flat out. Difference being people were stood. In our sterile AG environment where you are sat then drinking doesnt reconcile with seated fans.Curva sud aint the Dolman !

Ha yeah very true.

Distinti, let alone the Curva is a long way from the forcibly sanitised English game.

In the same way safe standing would be good, so too might a safe drinking zone. I recommend Dolman A and B...I know it's illegal but if it wasn't. ..

German stadia eh?  Inclined to take in a game there. Dortmund seems the obvious choice but any other recommendations?

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

Wouldn’t matter if we could still stand on proper terraces.

Football fans gave an excuse to the politicians to sanitise the game, leading to the SKY deals etc etc.  If those involved in football violence ‘back in the day’ don’t admit what they did ****** up football for the rest of us they deserve a ******* shoeing in their care homes.

I dont know when you could have a beer at a city match and my first game was in 1965 . There is more football violence nowadays pretty much everywhere in europe and there is also a better match atmosphere. My point being that blaming hooliganism for the reason why you have to sit on your hands for 90 minutes is a cop out.

I thought all seater stadia came about from Hillsborough which wasnt related to hooliganism

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ha yeah very true.

Distinti, let alone the Curva is a long way from the forcibly sanitised English game.

In the same way safe standing would be good, so too might a safe drinking zone. I recommend Dolman A and B...I know it's illegal but if it wasn't. ..

German stadia eh?  Inclined to take in a game there. Dortmund seems the obvious choice but any other recommendations?

Hertha mate.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I dont know when you could have a beer at a city match and my first game was in 1965 . There is more football violence nowadays pretty much everywhere in europe and there is also a better match atmosphere. My point being that blaming hooliganism for the reason why you have to sit on your hands for 90 minutes is a cop out.

I thought all seater stadia came about from Hillsborough which wasnt related to hooliganism

The fences at the Leppings Lane end that prevented people escaping the crush by going on to the pitch were there because of the pitch invasions in the previous 20 years that so often resulted in pitched battles. They weren't there due to the local abundance of steel. I wouldn't have thought.

Berlin would be undoubtedly a wonderful choice for a wonderful weekend, football included.

As @Loon plage indicates, Hertha would give you a 'lite' version of the Borussia Dortmund Yellow Wall (Curve) experience, but Union Berlin will open your eyes as to how football matches could be in this country if we could just eradicate the idea that all football supporters are just violent hooligans waiting for any excuse to create havoc wherever they go - just imagine people coming to your seat to offer you cold beer and hot sausages while you watch the game - no more standing in a queue to piss against a wall before queueing up yet again for a greasy, botulism ridden burger. 

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Hillsborough itself was not due to hoolaganism, at all.  

The environment that allowed it to happen, both the physical structure of the ground and the mentallity of those in charge of safety, was due to hooliganism.

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Berlin would be undoubtedly a wonderful choice for a wonderful weekend, football included.

As @Loon plage indicates, Hertha would give you a 'lite' version of the Borussia Dortmund Yellow Wall (Curve) experience, but Union Berlin will open your eyes as to how football matches could be in this country if we could just eradicate the idea that all football supporters are just violent hooligans waiting for any excuse to create havoc wherever they go - just imagine people coming to your seat to offer you cold beer and hot sausages while you watch the game - no more standing in a queue to piss against a wall before queueing up yet again for a greasy, botulism ridden burger. 

Where do you piss if you dont have to queue and it isnt agaisnt a wall?

51 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Where do you piss if you dont have to queue and it isnt agaisnt a wall?

An interesting question, and Union Berlin have invented a fabulous and innovative solution to this recurrent problem - this is not the first time they have 'thought outside the box', for they were the first to provide sofas for fans to sit on their pitch and watch the 2014 World Cup on big screens and, of course, their fans were instrumental in renovating their old stadium, supporters providing free of charge their labour to build and decorate (plaster, paint etc.) their old ground in the forest - check it out (Union Berlin) on WIKI.

Their most interesting innovation, however, again available on WIKI, is the provision of beer and sausages before and during the match - both are also available in copious quantities afterwards - and their fantastic solution for the disposal of the inevitable waste. 

In brief, porters and/or waiters(waitresses) walk throughout the ground offering the aforementioned beer and sausages and, hidden beneath their trays, are 'comfort tubes' - whilst you are being served your beer you are able to relieve yourself in said tube and this is disposed of when the waiters return to their home station.

I suspect that our H&E rules wouldn't allow us to adopt such a measure, but we should do well to look to Berlin for improvement.

Onwards and Upwards.    

I believe Liverpool fans were notorious for this using rolled-up newspapers....

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suspect that our H&E rules wouldn't allow us to adopt such a measure, but we should do well to look to Berlin for improvement.

I'm guessing you mean H&S , I believe H&E (or Health and Efficiency ) was a completely unrelated magazine , at least that's what I was told.

51OZ9cHQqLL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Archived