IGNORED

John Venables - Scum bag!!

Tipps69

The scroat is back in prison again for having child abuse images on a computer linked to him & not for the first time either!!

For those unaware as to who he is or for what he has done, him & his mate at 10 years old, abducted, abused, stoned, bricked, beat & murdered a 4 year-old boy having led him away from a shopping centre in the Liverpool area!! Having been released some years ago, he has gone on to reoffend in different ways, numerous times & is now back inside again!!

Vile excuse for a human being!!

He must be a very disturbed man.  When he committed the murder he was a ten year old boy, and having son of a similar age myself I cannot see that these two boys could possibly have understood the full consequence of their actions, certainly not in the way that adults would have.  Of course the murder was truly awful, and nothing can change that, but these were children from very difficult backgrounds.  The fact they were treated as fully criminally responsible and tried in an adult court, while a mob of people outside the course threatened to tear them to pieces and called for them to be hanged is disturbing in itself.

I have no real knowledge of what has happened since he was released, but I don't think that what he has done as an adult and what he did as a ten year old should be conflated.  I don't know what the answer is in this case, or others like it, but I can't help feel sorry for everyone who was involved with this dreadful and tragic event in 1993.

I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I'm prepared for that.  I just don't accept the notion that either boy was inherently 'evil' and the real need is therefore to understand why they did what they did and how it can be prevented from happening again.. 

Simply incredible that he was ever deemed safe to be allowed back into society in light of the offence(s)

I genuinely cant get my head around how someone who brutally killed a toddler for fun, and then as an adult, possessed toddler rape videos, could ever be declared as not a significant risk to society. Only two years back in prison too. 

27 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He must be a very disturbed man.  When he committed the murder he was a ten year old boy, and having son of a similar age myself I cannot see that these two boys could possibly have understood the full consequence of their actions, certainly not in the way that adults would have.  Of course the murder was truly awful, and nothing can change that, but these were children from very difficult backgrounds.  The fact they were treated as fully criminally responsible and tried in an adult court, while a mob of people outside the course threatened to tear them to pieces and called for them to be hanged is disturbing in itself.

I have no real knowledge of what has happened since he was released, but I don't think that what he has done as an adult and what he did as a ten year old should be conflated.  I don't know what the answer is in this case, or others like it, but I can't help feel sorry for everyone who was involved with this dreadful and tragic event in 1993.

I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I'm prepared for that.  I just don't accept the notion that either boy was inherently 'evil' and the real need is therefore to understand why they did what they did and how it can be prevented from happening again.. 

As a 10 year old, surely a person knows what is right or wrong, especially to such extremes? 

I’d guess that he / they are both constantly being kept under supervision & rightly so & the fact that he’s been caught with such images on a device despite knowing he’s being watched beggars belief personally! It’s like he has no regard for the law or society & just believes he can carry on doing what he wants, when he wants & how he wants with no regards!! Why should we have to constantly put up with this sort of behaviour, is he really someone who should be trusted around family’s & children? I don’t think so!!

Personally I find the lynch mob reaction to this of people demanding his name and address be released more disturbing.

The guy clearly has massive issues, but it's been mishandled at pretty much every step of the way. Regardless, he should be sentenced for the crimes he's committed as an adult, and the length of prison sentence handed out accordingly - what he did at the age of 10 should be largely irrelevant when passing judgment. As horrific as the events were, he was 10.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

As a 10 year old, surely a person knows what is right or wrong, especially to such extremes? 

I’d guess that he / they are both constantly being kept under supervision & rightly so & the fact that he’s been caught with such images on a device despite knowing he’s being watched beggars belief personally! It’s like he has no regard for the law or society & just believes he can carry on doing what he wants, when he wants & how he wants with no regards!! Why should we have to constantly put up with this sort of behaviour, is he really someone who should be trusted around family’s & children? I don’t think so!!

I would say that it suggests he simply cannot stop himself as opposed to having no regard to the law. 

Seemingly he cannot be 'cured' so should just remain in a minimum security prison until he dies.  Big expense but no other option 

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would say that it suggests he simply cannot stop himself as opposed to having no regard to the law. 

Seemingly he cannot be 'cured' so should just remain in a minimum security prison until he dies.  Big expense but no other option 

Spot on, he has had more than enough chances and it would appear a blind eye was turned again until it no longer could and that is not good enough, the probation service has failed again, enough is enough.

54 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yep. I doubt whether many young offenders will have benefited from as much counselling, therapy and rehabilitation as Venables and Thompson had. He's proved himself pretty much beyond redemption and I'd guess he'll only get worse as his pathetic life unravels..

We can only hope that Thompson hasn't fared as badly.

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Personally I find the lynch mob reaction to this of people demanding his name and address be released more disturbing.

The guy clearly has massive issues, but it's been mishandled at pretty much every step of the way. Regardless, he should be sentenced for the crimes he's committed as an adult, and the length of prison sentence handed out accordingly - what he did at the age of 10 should be largely irrelevant when passing judgment. As horrific as the events were, he was 10.

Could it be that people want to know his whereabouts & ID so they are aware if such a person is living in their area? I certainly wouldn’t be happy with him living around where I live & think people in the local community have a right to know if such a scumbag lives around my area! Why should he be allowed to live in anonymity after carrying out such acts?

30 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Could it be that people want to know his whereabouts & ID so they are aware if such a person is living in their area? I certainly wouldn’t be happy with him living around where I live & think people in the local community have a right to know if such a scumbag lives around my area! Why should he be allowed to live in anonymity after carrying out such acts?

He has anonymity because he was ten when he did it.  Clearly had an awful upbringing and was probably abused himself.  Not excusing what he has done mind you

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Mate he is on life licence so the crimes he committed as a 10 year old are not irrelevant they are in fact extremely relevant, he has almost certainly had more help than any other child murderer in UK British criminal history and still people want to invent excuses for him.

PS:- The original breaches of his identity being exposed were down to him, he told people his true identity and then at great expense he was moved re housed and a new identity given to him, what more do think we should do for him?, it's about time the public were protected now.

55 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm not sure that I wouldn't have the same attitude myself although I can understand why the authorities don't do it. Unfortunately (I think) there's the vigilante element that would end up taking the law into their own hands, which isn't a good thing. There was even that famous example of a paediatrician being attacked by local meat heads in the mistaken belief that they were attacking a paedophile. That said, Venables appears to be very troubled, a clear danger and justifiably inside again,. On the other hand, Robert Thompson,  Venables'  partner in crime in the Bulger case, seems to be getting on quietly and peacefully and no longer a danger or a charge on the state.

Either people think that 10 year olds that commit such crimes should be locked up forever (some will, I don't) or you have to handle them in some way and eventually release them. Not at all easy for the social workers and experts involved -  I couldn't do it myself and I don't envy them their work 

Some people are just evil. The gruesome, wanton and senseless killing of poor James Bulger (RIP) horrified the nation and the fact that Venables has continued to offend in such ways should mean that society should be safeguarded from him, with the rest of his natural life seen out at Her Majesty's pleasure. 

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I wouldn't be happy with him living in my area, but you know what, a) I wouldn't know, and b) it's the price to pay to have a civilised society. What's the alternative? Having his name and address posted all over the nation and then him inevitably getting murdered by a normal citizen. Makes us just as bad as him and more like one of these third world countries. Not for me.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate he is on life licence so the crimes he committed as a 10 year old are not irrelevant they are in fact extremely relevant, he has almost certainly had more help than any other child murderer in UK British criminal history and still people want to invent excuses for him.

PS:- The original breaches of his identity being exposed were down to him, he told people his true identity and then at great expense he was moved re housed and a new identity given to him, what more do think we should do for him?, it's about time the public were protected now.

As above. The public are protected as well as they can be, there is no alternative mate. And I'm sorry, you cannot be held accountable for actions made when you were 10 years old. It's horrific, it's disgusting, he's a despicable 'human', but we have to rise above it as a society. No matter how angry it makes you, emotion cannot come into a judicial decision and the consequences of his details being released are far worse for all involved.

For all those saying he should be locked up for life.... we must try to rehabilitate him. There's no alternative, we must try to help him be a functional member of society, because we cannot kill him, and keeping him in prison is expensive (albeit cheaper than the death penalty would be). All sorts of people love to shout 'he's evil! and he can't be cured!' when they don't have an ounce of knowledge about psychology.

56 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I wouldn't be happy with him living in my area, but you know what, a) I wouldn't know, and b) it's the price to pay to have a civilised society. What's the alternative? Having his name and address posted all over the nation and then him inevitably getting murdered by a normal citizen. Makes us just as bad as him and more like one of these third world countries. Not for me.

As above. The public are protected as well as they can be, there is no alternative mate. And I'm sorry, you cannot be held accountable for actions made when you were 10 years old. It's horrific, it's disgusting, he's a despicable 'human', but we have to rise above it as a society. No matter how angry it makes you, emotion cannot come into a judicial decision and the consequences of his details being released are far worse for all involved.

For all those saying he should be locked up for life.... we must try to rehabilitate him. There's no alternative, we must try to help him be a functional member of society, because we cannot kill him, and keeping him in prison is expensive (albeit cheaper than the death penalty would be). All sorts of people love to shout 'he's evil! and he can't be cured!' when they don't have an ounce of knowledge about psychology.

Do you not think he’s been given plenty of opportunity to become rehabilitated back into society? Would you feel the same if it was your son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter that he reoffends against next? If it was one of those that he murders again or one of those that he has obscene images of on his laptop or phone?

He is no longer 10 years-old, he has reoffended numerous times, do we just give up now & say “d’you know what, we’ve tried but there’s just no helping him so let’s just let him get on with it”?

We aren’t talking just one or two people that have tried to help him over many many years, we are talking lots & lots of people who have tried to help him & all he’s seemingly interested in is what he wants!! Well he’s lost that right, in my view when he murdered James Bulger but he has been given many other opportunities & he’s stuck his fingers up to those that tried to help him!!

Sorry but I wouldn’t of been able to try & help him after what he did to little James, I would of quit my job before I had to try & help him but people have tried to help him, why I will never understand but he hasn’t tried helping himself & there comes a time where you just have to admit defeat & say there’s no helping some people, he is one of them!! And this has nothing to do with money as far as I’m concerned, this is to do with the public safety & welfare, do the public not deserve to know what animal is living in their neighbourhood? Do they not deserve to know if their son’s, daughter’s, grandsons or granddaughters lives are in danger?

For someone who has offended like he has, surely he must know what he’s allowed to do & what he’s not allowed to do & the fact that probation officers etc will be keeping an eye on his every move & yet he continues to break the rules he has to live by but the things he is offending by doing are things that anyone would get done for having, it’s not just because his rules are over harsh on him, everyone caught with similar material would be arrested, so he’s not even being careful, he just seemingly doesn’t care!! So why should anyone else!!

I’ve never had a fight in my life & I’ve never been in trouble with the police but I’ll tell you what, if I found out he lived in my neighbourhood, i’d do whatever it took to make sure another family or child didn’t have to live in fear because of him!!

54 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Do you not think he’s been given plenty of opportunity to become rehabilitated back into society? Would you feel the same if it was your son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter that he reoffends against next? If it was one of those that he murders again or one of those that he has obscene images of on his laptop or phone?

Yes he has. But if you read my post it's not about what he deserves, which makes the rest of your post entirely redundant. And would I feel the same if it was my son/daughter, etc? No, I wouldn't but that would make me 100% unqualified to make a decision on his future.

You are of course right from an emotional point of view, but this is the real world. Society has to function for all, not for what one person deserves or doesn't deserve to get.

Your final paragraph just proves my point to be honest mate.

54 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Yes he has. But if you read my post it's not about what he deserves, which makes the rest of your post entirely redundant. And would I feel the same if it was my son/daughter, etc? No, I wouldn't but that would make me 100% unqualified to make a decision on his future.

You are of course right from an emotional point of view, but this is the real world. Society has to function for all, not for what one person deserves or doesn't deserve to get.

Your final paragraph just proves my point to be honest mate.

But his offences & reoffending doesn’t just affect one person, one person murdered or abused affects many many people, from all the members of the family involved to all of the community that help search for little James or any other person that happens to go missing (for instance) & it doesn’t just affect these people for the term of the offenders sentence, it affects all those involved for life!!

Venables has proved many times just how much it has affected him by carrying out similar offences again & again & how long is it before he decides that he’s bored of having indecent images on his devices & now he wants that sick thrill of carrying out such offences personally again? Is that something that should be risked? If it was your little one (god forbid) that he offends against next, would you not want answers as to why he was allowed to be around neighbourhoods to reoffend or is it something that you could turn the other cheek to because it wasn’t involving someone you knew? One person, any person, is one too many, this one individual has given many many warning signs of his potential & it’s not just him, there are lots of reoffending paedophiles out there in lots of community’s, the harm these people cause is untold & can’t be brushed under the carpet or the damage repaired by any financial pay off, the damage done is done for lifetimes while the people who carry out these offences are punished for 10 years or so, there is no comparison because while everyone connected with the offended against person suffers for a lifetime x everyone connected with that person, the guilty person goes to prison for 10 years or so, is released knowing they aren’t likely to be able to get a job on their release & get everything laid on a plate for them to restart their life & their family can either decide to stand by them or wash their hands of them & get on with their lives, it’s not that easy for someone connected with the innocent victim(s) & I can tell you this as a very close friend of a sexual abuse victim of about 30 years or so ago!! And of part of a community of a young girl who was abducted on Christmas Eve / Day around 20 years or so ago, these victims or the offences against them don’t just get forgotten, the same as every year lots of people will remember the anniversary of James Bulgers murder & his birthday etc, these people aren’t forgotten about just because they’ve been taken away from us by some selfish scumbag, they are remembered everyday of every year & it shouldn’t happen & the guilty people shouldn’t be allowed to carry out such crimes again.

Sorry if I’m going on but it’s something I feel very strongly about!!

8 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Don't you think that society deserves to be protected from people exactly like him? 

its all well and good saying that society has to function for all but the brutal truth of the matter is that some people are better off being kept separate from society at large for it all to function in a way that protects everyone. It was the same with Hindley, Brady,  Sutcliffe, Huntley and more recently Hoare & Matthews here in Bristol as well as countless others that are assessed as being such a risk to society that they simply have to remain incarcerated to allow the population at large a much better degree of security. 

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

But his offences & reoffending doesn’t just affect one person, one person murdered or abused affects many many people, from all the members of the family involved to all of the community that help search for little James or any other person that happens to go missing (for instance) & it doesn’t just affect these people for the term of the offenders sentence, it affects all those involved for life!!

Venables has proved many times just how much it has affected him by carrying out similar offences again & again & how long is it before he decides that he’s bored of having indecent images on his devices & now he wants that sick thrill of carrying out such offences personally again? Is that something that should be risked? If it was your little one (god forbid) that he offends against next, would you not want answers as to why he was allowed to be around neighbourhoods to reoffend or is it something that you could turn the other cheek to because it wasn’t involving someone you knew? One person, any person, is one too many, this one individual has given many many warning signs of his potential & it’s not just him, there are lots of reoffending paedophiles out there in lots of community’s, the harm these people cause is untold & can’t be brushed under the carpet or the damage repaired by any financial pay off, the damage done is done for lifetimes while the people who carry out these offences are punished for 10 years or so, there is no comparison because while everyone connected with the offended against person suffers for a lifetime x everyone connected with that person, the guilty person goes to prison for 10 years or so, is released knowing they aren’t likely to be able to get a job on their release & get everything laid on a plate for them to restart their life & their family can either decide to stand by them or wash their hands of them & get on with their lives, it’s not that easy for someone connected with the innocent victim(s) & I can tell you this as a very close friend of a sexual abuse victim of about 30 years or so ago!! And of part of a community of a young girl who was abducted on Christmas Eve / Day around 20 years or so ago, these victims or the offences against them don’t just get forgotten, the same as every year lots of people will remember the anniversary of James Bulgers murder & his birthday etc, these people aren’t forgotten about just because they’ve been taken away from us by some selfish scumbag, they are remembered everyday of every year & it shouldn’t happen & the guilty people shouldn’t be allowed to carry out such crimes again.

Sorry if I’m going on but it’s something I feel very strongly about!!

54 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Don't you think that society deserves to be protected from people exactly like him? 

its all well and good saying that society has to function for all but the brutal truth of the matter is that some people are better off being kept separate from society at large for it all to function in a way that protects everyone. It was the same with Hindley, Brady,  Sutcliffe, Huntley and more recently Hoare & Matthews here in Bristol as well as countless others that are assessed as being such a risk to society that they simply have to remain incarcerated to allow the population at large a much better degree of security. 

Yes of course I do. But society has an obligation to protect him as well, to avoid people taking the law into their own hands. But people are getting too emotionally attached. Jon Venables is not the only one, there will be thousands of others, do you really think we as a country have the resource to deal with the after effects of feeding him and every other offender to the dogs? Resource concentrated on keeping him at bay and monitoring him, protects the public and allows the cheapest and most efficient way of dealing with things for all.

Releasing his details just means that a lynch mob finds him and he gets murdered. More pressure on the justice system, more pressure on the Policing system, the lives of those who killed him and friends and family of those persons are all ruined. Worst of all, it makes us hypocrites as a state, akin to allowing the death penalty, it's just plain wrong.

I'd like to stress, it's not about what he may or may not deserve, it's about what is for the greater good as a society, and throwing him out there makes us no different to one of these backward Middle Eastern states with regard to humanity. Regardless, the guy committed the offence when he was 10, when he was barely able to stand up for his actions. If you judge him only on the crimes he's committed as an adult, then, as abhorrent as they are, they do not warrant a life sentence.

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Yes of course I do. But society has an obligation to protect him as well, to avoid people taking the law into their own hands. But people are getting too emotionally attached. Jon Venables is not the only one, there will be thousands of others, do you really think we as a country have the resource to deal with the after effects of feeding him and every other offender to the dogs? Resource concentrated on keeping him at bay and monitoring him, protects the public and allows the cheapest and most efficient way of dealing with things for all.

Releasing his details just means that a lynch mob finds him and he gets murdered. More pressure on the justice system, more pressure on the Policing system, the lives of those who killed him and friends and family of those persons are all ruined. Worst of all, it makes us hypocrites as a state, akin to allowing the death penalty, it's just plain wrong.

I'd like to stress, it's not about what he may or may not deserve, it's about what is for the greater good as a society, and throwing him out there makes us no different to one of these backward Middle Eastern states with regard to humanity. Regardless, the guy committed the offence when he was 10, when he was barely able to stand up for his actions. If you judge him only on the crimes he's committed as an adult, then, as abhorrent as they are, they do not warrant a life sentence.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that he’s had plenty of opportunities to correct his wrong doings, if a youngster constantly causes problems in a neighbourhood they’re served with an ASBO & their details are released to the local community so the community at large know that he is banned from an area & they can help police the situation.

Yet someone who has continued to carry out much worse crimes than noise or graffiti etc & is a serious risk to any community he maybe in is allowed his anonymity & to put the rest of the community & neighbourhood at risk, how can this be correct? Venables is a huge risk!! And the public should be protected, why should animals like Venables, Matthews, Hoare & those others named be protected so much when it’s innocent people that need the protection from these animals?

Even at 10 years old, you can’t tell me that people don’t know that what they did to James Bulger was’nt wrong or the offence that Matthews & Hoare carried out, to a member of their own family, was acceptable, to dismember that young girls body & then to go to the extremes they did to hide the crime! This isn’t a case of vandalising a neighbours fence or constantly verbally abusing someone, this is physically killing someone for no other reason other than their own perverse gratification!!

Venables will of had it drummed into him over the years as to what is right & what is wrong, he will of been under no illusions as to what was acceptable & he would know that the images that the majority of us know are wrong & unacceptable aren’t allowed to be kept yet he’s offended more than once in this manner, these types of people are a huge risk to innocent people in every community & why should everyone in those communities have to live in fear because of these animals?!?

I’m not trying to start lynch mobs, these people shouldn’t be allowed into communities in my opinion & should have to pay for their crimes like the innocent people who they carried their crimes out against & their families have had to face!! I can only imagine what life is like for someone who has had a loved one taken from them at such a young age because an animal decided they wanted to do something unmentionable to them & then the family’s of these people have to live with it for everyday of their lives until they die & many do wish they could end it all & this is also down to these animals actions. The punishment doesn’t fit the crimes in my opinion & maybe if this was the case people could accept things a bit more but that’s not currently the case!!

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I’m not advocating throwing him to the dogs by releasing details of his name and whereabouts; I’m very much advocating restricting his whereabouts to the confines of a secure facility. To protect everyone; the law abiding public and also him. 

Lets face it this isn’t some punk kid who’s nicked a few cars or something similarly low down the scale. This is a person with an unhealthy interest in children. A killer. 

Just adding my 2 penneth...

This person was committed one of the most despicable acts in UK history. I was 8 when he did what he did. I'm 2 years younger than him and even at aged 8, I knew what happened to James was inherently wrong. 

Chances are that JV had an appalling upbringing. But that's not an excuse. Many people suffer abuse as children but they don't go on to do what he did.

He was kept at a YOI until he was 18. That's 8 years of intensive rehabilitation. That would have included psychotherapy, counselling, medications if necessary and learning life skills as well as alternative therapies such as art/music etc. When he was released, some of these interventions would have continued and he would have had support into his reintegration into the outside world.

Sadly, he has continued to re-offend on at least 2 occasions. This would suggest that his rehabilitation has failed. Perhaps he is too psychologically scarred. Perhaps he is actually severely mentally ill. Perhaps he is institutionalised and re-offended to get back there. No one really knows.

He is now back where his rehabilitation can be re-started. Psychological treatments have advanced since the 90s and new therapy techniques are always becoming available. 

We shouldn't stop trying to rehabilitate but we also need to be sure that he is reformed before he is released. If he feels institutionalised, then perhaps keeping him where he is for the rest of his days is the only way to go. 

53 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Lets face it this isn’t some punk kid who’s nicked a few cars or something similarly low down the scale. This is a person with an unhealthy interest in children. A killer. 

Indeed he is.

That said......most  people will benefit from good quality psychological treatment and in my experience 99% of people are able to implement alternative ways of thinking. They need to be willing to learn how to but maybe Venables is a member of the remaining 1% group.

On a related note, we haven’t heard from Thompson have we? As in he hasn’t continued to offend or anything? Just curious as it seems to be Venables we’ve heard about more than once. 

Some people just aren’t able to be rehabilitated, and need locking up permanently for everyone’s sakes. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

On a related note, we haven’t heard from Thompson have we? As in he hasn’t continued to offend or anything? Just curious as it seems to be Venables we’ve heard about more than once. 

Some people just aren’t able to be rehabilitated, and need locking up permanently for everyone’s sakes. 

Thompson is apparently in a long term gay relationship with a man who knows his true identity! And they are apparently settled in the north-west of England. And apparently he’s gone on to get 5 GCSE’s & do A levels and has a talent for art although it’s believed he was the ringleader of the murder!!

Whereas Venables has gone on to continue to be a sick pervert who has continued to reoffend!!

The detective in charge of their case is under no illusions that both were pure evil & set out that day to kill & if they hadn’t been caught, they would of gone on to kill again.

On 11/23/2017 at 21:42, nebristolred said:

HE was the one who revealed his own identity.

Mate he is accountable because he is and always will be on life licence for his offences. I repeat HE revealed his own identity.

I repeat again he has almost certainly had more help, identities and rehabilitation than any other child murderer in history and it would appear that he has shunned them all, I understand what you are saying but so far it ain't worked because he is not interested and is not responding, this is the 2nd time he has been caught, how much more evidence do you want?, if he starts to respond at a later date fine, take it to the parole board but now it's fair the public is protected from somebody who does not want seem to want to be rehabilitated.

On 23/11/2017 at 15:21, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Rubbish.

I remember this happening at the time and was roughly the same age. I knew full well that they were sick ***** and they made me feel ill. **** them and do to them what they did to that kid. There'll be a line half-way around the country to have a shot at them.

Archived