IGNORED

Rainbow coloured corner flags at football matches starting Saturday

Never to the dark side

Where is all this LGBT stuff coming from? Who's leading it? What is the agenda behind it? Why is it being thought of?

I notice the the education secretary is also advising teachers at all girl and all boy schools, not to refer to them as boys or girls when addressing them as a group.

The whole world is going absolutely feckin mental. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

All it does is cause resentment...not awareness.

It's all going to backfire soon...and I'm under the impression that's what the 'agenda' actually wants. Social unrest amongst everyone.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Where is all this LGBT stuff coming from? Who's leading it? What is the agenda behind it? Why is it being thought of?

I notice the the education secretary is also advising teachers at all girl and all boy schools, not to refer to them as boys or girls when addressing them as a group.

The whole world is going absolutely feckin mental. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

All it does is cause resentment...not awareness.

It's all going to backfire soon...and I'm under the impression that's what the 'agenda' actually wants. Social unrest amongst everyone.

Would describe myself as left wing, but our side of the house does need to be very careful of being overtaken by identity politics. 

Equally, the 'boys and girls' thing was said by the Government’s former mental health advisor to a girls school conference. Most certainly not the education secretary. Not sure of the context of it, but brings me to what I think the other side of the house needs to be careful of - just engaging in rage politics. Find the most looney tune thing you can find, and then create a sense of outrage as if everything is like that. Most of the people I work with are left of centre, some of them very, and I have yet to meet this famed social justice warrior that seems so popular to quote. They are just interested in things like, you know, health service, education, mental health services and what have you.

Anyhow, Hope we stuff Hull.

Why don’t they just get the players to play wearing mini skirts and have done with it..?! 

The World has gone ####ing mental! It will soon be socially unacceptable to be in a heterosexual relationship with your wife. Especially if you are outrageous enough to be white & work..! 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think it’s a shame that not a single footballer has come out whilst they’re still playing. Proof there’s a problem imo. 

I’m sure they have their reasons for not doing. And why are people so convinced that professional football is full of closet homosexuals..? Had it not occurred to anyone that players might, just maybe, not be gay..?! 

Just now, Southstandoriginal said:

They probably think it's none of our business. Which it isn't.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure they have their reasons for not doing. And why are people so convinced that professional football is full of closet homosexuals..? Had it not occurred to anyone that players might, just maybe, not be gay..?! 

I guess it’s a little bit like the fact that there isn’t a single US politician who is openly atheist. 

Clearly they are out there but they feel it necessary to hide a part of who they are because they fear judgement. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

I guess it’s a little bit like the fact that there isn’t a single US politician who is openly atheist. 

Clearly they are out there but they feel it necessary to hide a part of who they are because they fear judgement. 

Isn’t the whole point that these days it just doesn’t matter?! Why are campaigners suddenly trying to force footballers to “come out”..? 

Leave people alone to get on with what they are there to do. Like play football..! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t the whole point that these days it just doesn’t matter?! Why are campaigners suddenly trying to force footballers to “come out”..? 

Leave people alone to get on with what they are there to do. Like play football..! 

But clearly it does matter because none of them have come out mate.

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Genuine question. Why the “rubbish” reactions to this post? 

Is it really that outrageous to suggest that maybe football doesn’t contain many gay players..?

If you are neither a man or a woman and you want to play professional football...or any other sport come to that matter...how does that work?

You can see it coming to a point where 'all inclusive' will try to stop male and female professional sports. It's going that way.

As for any footballer 'coming out'...I really don't understand why anyone has too. Why is anyone interested in anyone's sexuality? It's none of our business.

Do straight people go around telling all and sundry in the workplace that they are straight? No...so why should other sexualities.

It's all coming across as very much attention seeking and 'look at me, look at me'.

Get on with your life...forget what others think. Be offended. The principle of 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me', still applies.

Being offended doesn't hurt you...be offended...whoever offended you is just a dick...deal with it and move on.

So many bloody sensitive people in this world.

They should be thankful they aren't living in a mud hut, treking 10 miles a day for water, or starving or being bombed.

I can't see many like that, sat wearing a feather boa, trying to work out whether they want a dick or vagina over their next meal...rant over ;-)

1 minute ago, spudski said:

If you are neither a man or a woman and you want to play professional football...or any other sport come to that matter...how does that work?

You can see it coming to a point where 'all inclusive' will try to stop male and female professional sports. It's going that way.

As for any footballer 'coming out'...I really don't understand why anyone has too. Why is anyone interested in anyone's sexuality? It's none of our business.

Do straight people go around tell all and sundry in the workplace that they are straight? No...so why should other sexualities.

It's all coming across as very much attention seeking and 'look at me, look at me'.

Get on with your life...forget what others think. Be offended. The principle of 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me', still applies.

Being offended doesn't hurt you...be offended...whoever offended you is just a dick...deal with it and move on.

So many bloody sensitive people in this world.

They should be thankful they aren't living in a mud hut, treking 10 miles a day for water, or starving or being bombed.

I can't see many like that, sat wearing a feather boa, trying to work out whether they want a dick or vagina over their next meal...rant over ;-)

Get ready for a load of “Rubbish” reactions, without any meaningful discussion about their views on your post..! 

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Statically there will be a percentage of footballers who are gay but nobody is claiming that the game is full of homosexuals.

Just a reflection the national percentage.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Statically there will be a percentage of footballers who are gay but nobody is claiming that the game is full of homosexuals.

That means nothing! 

National averages are compiled across the population as a whole. 

Here, you are talking about one isolated sector. One that is male dominated and testosterone filled, by nature. 

It’s like doing a survey of what team “the nation” supports but only doing the survey in one town. 

Of course, there probably are gays playing professional football. But I’ll bet my house on the numbers being nowhere near as high as the average national percentage! 

Go into a gay club and ask how many straight blokes are in there. It will not represent the national average! 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

National percentages mean nothing when it comes to individual trades or roles, some trades or roles have a higher level than others, it’s a fact, whether the PC brigade like it or not.  

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That means nothing! 

National averages are compiled across the population as a whole. 

Here, you are talking about one isolated sector. One that is male dominated and testosterone filled, by nature. 

It’s like doing a survey of what team “the nation” supports but only doing the survey in one town. 

Of course, there probably are gays playing professional football. But I’ll bet my house on the numbers being nowhere near as high as the average national percentage! 

Certainly nowhere near the percentage of gay people in show business and especially a male judge on Strictly Come Dancing, darling! 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Certainly nowhere near the percentage of gay people in show business and especially a male judge on Strictly Come Dancing, darling! 

I don’t know what the national ratio is, but I’d imagine (seriously) that the cast of strictly probably balances out the national ratio of the whole of the championship not having any gay players. 

Perhaps not literally, but it illustrates my earlier point of how it’s hugely unlikely that football has anywhere even close to the national ratio of gays playing in the professional national leagues. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why don’t they just get the players to play wearing mini skirts and have done with it..?! 

The World has gone ####ing mental! It will soon be socially unacceptable to be in a heterosexual relationship with your wife. Especially if you are outrageous enough to be white & work..! 

Sigh !

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

National percentages mean nothing when it comes to individual trades or roles, some trades or roles have a higher level than others, it’s a fact, whether the PC brigade like it or not.  

I don't know what the national percentage stats are for homosexual men but let's say it's 15% of the population. It therefore suggests that there will be 15% of homosexual men in any particular profession. Builders, lawyers, pilots, soldiers and of course footballers.

Its nothing to do with PC - it's a statical fact.

Archived