IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No good playing better if the result turns out to be the same as earlier in the week.  That sounds too much like the excuses last season

We are constantly being told it is fine margins in this league and that we are paying attention to details such as length of grass.  Perhaps the grass hasn't been measured accurately in these last two games !

We need a point today to stop a potential slump.  I am beginning to be nervous all over again.  Am I alone?

Middlesborough and Sheffield Utd up next...

Sure, it is disappointing. What is certain is we have 31 points in the bag whatever. Good second half would help mind.

Firstly as it stands there is still something in this game for us, my biggest worry is we don’t look as though we have a goal in us, of course I hope I am wrong.

We are holding our own in midfield but our passing is woeful, Brownhill is playing really well but he and Smith keep taking the wrong passing options, ODowda is playing well but he delays his pass to often and is dispossessed also his pass selection was brought to the fore when in a very promising situation on about 40 minutes he ignored Reid in a very promising position wide of the 18 yard box and passed instead into the overcrowded middle edge of the 18 yard box, Pack is a ******* idiot trying his best to get sent off 2 unnecessary fouls in the first 5 minutes brought him a booking and 2 more unnecessary fouls have left him walking a tightrope, none of his fouls can be described as taking one for the team.

Reid has been poor passing and especially his ball control, Woodrow hasn’t been bad but keeps turning into trouble instead of away from it and he is a very lucky boy he committed 2 similar fouls to Pack and has managed to get away with it so far.

Wright went to sleep for their goal and totally lost his man and Fielding spotting the danger late did not help.

As I said there is still something in this game for us, but we need to change our passing options otherwise we have no goal threat.

We are missing Bryan and oh yes yet again our free kicks are ******* abysmal.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Lets have some perspective, we have played with MUCH better tempo than against Preston. There has nothing much between Hull and ourselves. Difference is just a really poor bit of goalkeeping by Frankie. Our problems are that neither Reid or Woodrow are keeping hold of the ball. Reid has been the worst culprit for letting passes bounce off him and Woodrow keeps getting too easily muscled out of it.

Like to see Eliasson on, for Pack, who has been the poorest of our midfield and is on a yellow. Djuric if fit enough, or Taylor for Woodrow or Reid.

Hear hear. COYR

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

No good playing better if the result turns out to be the same as earlier in the week.  That sounds too much like the excuses last season

We are constantly being told it is fine margins in this league and that we are paying attention to details such as length of grass.  Perhaps the grass hasn't been measured accurately in these last two games !

We need a point today to stop a potential slump.  I am beginning to be nervous all over again.  Am I alone?

No worry's re;relegation,Ivor-but the reality is we don't have the strength in depth to be top six at the sharp end...

10th/12th feels about it & we all would've taken that before we started,and signal's a big improvement-although perception will mark a huge dissapointment for some!

• Like 1