IGNORED

Josh Brownhills future

Ashtonwurzel

With the state of england central midfielders he should get a look in now but that will never happen. England made it down to Jack Cork on their list good player but shows there is a mini crisis in that position. 

Anyway, not the point of this post. I think he will be a premier league player next season no matter if we go up or not. Enjoy Josh Brownhill now because imo he is gone next year if we do not go up

Just now, B-Rizzle said:

When does his contract expire? Got a feeling it was only a 2 year deal so this summer?!?!?!

Usually have an option and Ashton has said no one crucial is out of contract this summer so if he is to be believed, next season would be his last under his current deal after the option is exercised. 

2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Everton would be crying out for a player of his talents right now, along with Flint probably. We have to hope we dont lose anyone in the window, we need to reinforce becuase failing to have adequate cover for the remaining season would be taking liberties. 

I think Everton would be crying out for a player of my nan's talents right now

Feel a bit embarrassed right now as it seems I share a different view. I like Brownhill, but I don't see him as "absolute class" or a "revelation". No doubt he has potential, but I don't think he is amazing as some believe. Game of opinions and all that however. He will continue to get better though I'm sure.

His one touch play is class, also his ability to get out of tight situations with the ball is really good. If he can find that consistency to play at or near the top of his game he will go right to the top. Just needs to start playing at his best over 90mins then work towards every game.

54 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Feel a bit embarrassed right now as it seems I share a different view. I like Brownhill, but I don't see him as "absolute class" or a "revelation". No doubt he has potential, but I don't think he is amazing as some believe. Game of opinions and all that however. He will continue to get better though I'm sure.

You are not alone. Hes having a good season and developing nicely but i think some of us are getting carried away here. 

18 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Think people are confusing themselves with a player from another team or country...JB??? Hes pretty average in the championship. Would no way feature in any other top 6 side. 

You have to be on a wind up (for a change)? Brownhill,O'Dowda, Bryan would be in the squad of any top six team bar maybe Wolves.

The boy is the real deal. Made me laugh at the start of last season when a few on here thought he was lightweight and didn't like a tackle.

It's amazing how were going considering the injuries we have. Then in the last two games see the potential of Eliasson coming through.

People moaning he's a waste of money never gets a game. Shows that saying is true patience is a virtue . O'Dowda was getting stick last season, no end product bla,bla,bla. Now most will be desperate he doesn't have a major injury.

Anyway as most of us know it's slow progress but by **** have patience were going in the right direction.

I can definitely see our team being picked off in the summer if we don’t go up. Magnússon, Flint, Bryan, Brownhill and Reid will be hard to keep hold of. I include Mags due to the interest last summer. Maybe even COD and Patterson if they keep their form up! Let’s just hope and pray all of them are playing in the premier league next season with us! I can dream. 

Archived