IGNORED

Josh Brownhills future

Ashtonwurzel

15 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Has been a revelation since LJ moved him, finally, into centre-mid.

Will no doubt have very strong interest in January though.

He played CM a lot last season with varying degrees of success.

14 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

He is fantastic reminds me a lot of Steven Gerrard in the way he plays (not saying he is as good obviously). He drives forward, gets stuck into a challenge and reads the game really well. 

Without the comparison to SG, you’ve summed up his game nicely, with the addition of being good off the ball in terms of creating angles for passes.  Doesn’t hide behind his marker, looks to get into positions where it can help us go forward.

11 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Feel a bit embarrassed right now as it seems I share a different view. I like Brownhill, but I don't see him as "absolute class" or a "revelation". No doubt he has potential, but I don't think he is amazing as some believe. Game of opinions and all that however. He will continue to get better though I'm sure.

Yes, absolute class and revelation are strong words.  I’d use

• getting better
  • maturing
  • becoming a greater influence

revelation is probably suited to Bobby Reid as a forward.

10 hours ago, milo1111 said:

You are not alone. Hes having a good season and developing nicely but i think some of us are getting carried away here. 

Yep, but I would say the number one partner for Smith in CM.  I thought Pack soulless be one of the first names on our teamsheet this season, but got to say JB have overtaken him.  There will be games where we want Pack’s screen in front of the back 4, but JB and Korey and now the first choice pairing imho. Pack’s picking up of early yellow cards isn’t helping him either.  On a tightrope yesterday from the radio commentary.

Overall, Josh is gonna be a very important player for us....whilst he’s here.

1 hour ago, Super said:

These over the top threads always amuse me.

I suppose you never know.

I can remember being dragged down to see MK Dons a couple of times when they had Deli Ali and Afobe playing. Decent players, that much was obvious, but if anyone had said 'that Deli will play for England' I would have smiled at the hyperbole.

Equally, Josh and Deli are the same age, so yes, quite a stretch for Josh, but never say never.

It will be interesting to see how all of our promising players match up against Man U in a few weeks to see if they can cut it with top opposition and against international players. I don't expect us to beat them but am more interested how many of them are able to cope with that level of opposition player and if they can enhance their football education further. They could take a lot out of the game such as confidence and knowledge of how top players manage games, movement, touch and positioning 

I just hope we don't get an absolute hammering, at the best penalty shoot out and then who knows??

12 hours ago, Negan said:

I can definitely see our team being picked off in the summer if we don’t go up. Magnússon, Flint, Bryan, Brownhill and Reid will be hard to keep hold of. I include Mags due to the interest last summer. Maybe even COD and Patterson if they keep their form up! Let’s just hope and pray all of them are playing in the premier league next season with us! I can dream. 

If they do they do ...I have confidence in this regime that we will go out and get better

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Yes. I dont post on here when city are actually playing like most here do during home games. You clearly miss most of the play looking at your phones. Its pretty obvious why most of you dont have a clue. :robbored: :robbored::D

I for one don’t look at my phone during the match but Brownhill has been incredible recently works hard, great determination and always looking for the ball. It seems your the one missing the game.

On 11/25/2017 at 18:00, AshtonGreat said:

I think Everton would be crying out for a player of my nan's talents right now

Rooney is looking for someone of your Nan's talents right now :shocking:

I've always rated Brownhill very highly, but last season he didn't seem to be able to be consistent over 90 minutes playing centrally. This season he is. I do think he's destined to play in the Premier League (hopefully with us), but as much as I rate him, if he's playing for England it's because England are continuing to be distinctly average. Though please go and prove me wrong Josh!

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I've always rated Brownhill very highly, but last season he didn't seem to be able to be consistent over 90 minutes playing centrally. This season he is. I do think he's destined to play in the Premier League (hopefully with us).

This.

Josh certainly has the potential to play in the ££££ league at some point and I would hope it's with us. He seems to have the energy some of our other CM's don't have.

Good player is JB.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

This.

Josh certainly has the potential to play in the ££££ league at some point and I would hope it's with us. He seems to have the energy some of our other CM's don't have.

Good player is JB.

He seems to be able to do it all really. Very impressive footballer, definitely could play in the Premiership if he keeps improving at his current trajectory.

Archived