IGNORED

Football on 5 - Hilarious

southvillekiddy

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I'll own up if I'm wrong on here but ...........

This is what I posted on November 25th about Football on 5 presented by  ........ ? (not Colin Murray last weekend and this weekend)

Just to set the record straight especially for JamesBCFC  Robert the bruce  Distortia  PotrisheadisRed  Neutral  cidercity 1987

who along with a few others thought that what I had posted was rubbish.

Last weekend which we won 2 - 3 coming back from 2 nil down, after the match the Hull City manager is on before LJ and the presenters spend their time talking about his problems not a word about us and what we achieved

This weekend the programme starts with the annoucement that "Sheffield United have taken the division by storm" -  this is after we have knocked them off of 3rd place

The next 11 minutes are taken up with their game which they lose to Millwall 3 -1.

Any comments from 

JamesBCFC  Robert the bruce  Distortia  PotrisheadisRed  Neutral  cidercity 1987 ?

Sorry I still don't think it's a bad show. Murray needs to come back quicksharp instead of that woman though.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sorry I still don't think it's a bad show. Murray needs to come back quicksharp instead of that woman though.

Absolutely mate. It's not a bad show unless you are offended about how your team is represented. Maybe I'm too sensitive.

If they are waiting for us to blow up I hope they have a long ****ing wait.

37 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Absolutely mate. It's not a bad show unless you are offended about how your team is represented. Maybe I'm too sensitive.

If they are waiting for us to blow up I hope they have a long ****ing wait.

I think you probably are mate, given how enthusiastically both the host and Clinton Morrison praised City on last night's show. And the number of times Colin Murray has singled us out for our entertaining football this season. 

Yes, a bit sensitive I think! 

1 minute ago, red panda said:

The whole of last night's programme was badly let down by that horrific footage they showed very near the end.  Not what anyone wants to see on their screens in a programme that claims to be about the Championship.  Who do I complain to?

No warning either. I would have expected `the following item contains scenes of an upsetting nature` at the very least.

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

This is what I posted on November 25th about Football on 5 presented by  ........ ? (not Colin Murray last weekend and this weekend)

Just to set the record straight especially for JamesBCFC  Robert the bruce  Distortia  PotrisheadisRed  Neutral  cidercity 1987

Last weekend which we won 2 - 3 coming back from 2 nil down, after the match the Hull City manager is on before LJ and the presenters spend their time talking about his problems not a word about us and what we achieved

This weekend the programme starts with the annoucement that "Sheffield United have taken the division by storm" -  this is after we have knocked them off of 3rd place

The next 11 minutes are taken up with their game which they lose to Millwall 3 -1.

Any comments from 

JamesBCFC  Robert the bruce  Distortia  PotrisheadisRed  Neutral  cidercity 1987 ?

What issue do you have with what I said?

We have been overachieving this season, so why get upset when that is pointed out?

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Any comments from 

Exactly as I saw it last week and this.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What issue do you have with what I said?

We have been overachieving this season, so why get upset when that is pointed out?

No mate. I was objecting to you labelling my original post as rubbish when everything I predicted happened in the shows on November 25th and december 2nd.

If there is any blame in this issue to be attached to BCFC and its fans, it is that across the country many football fans and pundits are under the impression that Bristol is some poxy little town in the West Country. eg I was speaking to some QPR fans who could not understand how Bristol (given its small size and insignificance in their view, because they are uneducated) could have 2 football teams.

Therefore I believe it is incumbent on us as fans but especially our Club to set the record straight and change the attitude that uneducated people have about our city and Football Club. BCFC should be promoting our city and City much more.

We are the 6th largest city in england and we have a billionaire owner.

Many people are saying this is the best team we have had in generations. I was wrong in criticising LJ, DH AND JM because something significant has definitely changed at our football Club

11 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

No mate. I was objecting to you labelling my original post as rubbish when everything I predicted happened in the shows on November 25th and december 2nd.

And what I said was why I rubbished your original post.

In that post you bemoaned them calling us overachievers, which is what we currently are.

Until this week Sheff Utd had taken the division by storm in a sense. Did you expect them to be top 2 for 75% of the first half of the season? They were top for a spell as well.

The coverage on there isn't great, but nothing to get upset over (you clearly were to the point of having to dig this up and try and point score).

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And what I said was why I rubbished your original post.

In that post you bemoaned them calling us overachievers, which is what we currently are.

Until this week Sheff Utd had taken the division by storm in a sense. Did you expect them to be top 2 for 75% of the first half of the season? They were top for a spell as well.

The coverage on there isn't great, but nothing to get upset over (you clearly were to the point of having to dig this up and try and point score).

I'm not getting upset mate. I wanted to put the record straight. I'll say again I will admit it if I've made a mistake.

You've missed most of the point of my original post but I;ll ask you if you think Huddersfield Town were overachievers last season?

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

I'm not getting upset mate. I wanted to put the record straight. I'll say again I will admit it if I've made a mistake.

You've missed most of the point of my original post but I;ll ask you if you think Huddersfield Town were overachievers last season?

Yes I do.

The promotion of course was deserved, but the fact absolutely no one expected them to be competing for the playoffs before the season started, let alone get promoted suggests they overachieved a bit.

Leicester also overachieved a couple of years ago.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yes I do.

The promotion of course was deserved, but the fact absolutely no one expected them to be competing for the playoffs before the season started, let alone get promoted suggests they overachieved a bit.

Leicester also overachieved a couple of years ago.

Woods and trees. Thankyou and goodnight

On 25/11/2017 at 19:16, southvillekiddy said:

Watch "Football on 5" occasionally. Hilarious seeing how little reference to a Top 5 team those presenters squeeze out of themselves each week - including Chris Ewelumo who has forgotten he ever played for us.

The one I love is "the seasons overachievers"        WTF???

Have a little think and imagine what they will squeeze out of themselves  about us - what they will say to us coming back from 2 nil down today.

The fact that we kept Derby County out of going 5th will be ignored - almost guaranteed.

Instead they will cream themselves about Sheffield Utd even if they lose to Brum.

Like I said  - hilarious

Ummm who else would you call this seasons over-achievers if it isn’t the team that’s been in a relegation battle like 6 of the last 7 seasons?

4 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Just watched this week - they seemed pretty complimentary about City/Flint/Bailey. 

Okay mate. They started okay about us but then In their condescending terms Aden and Bailey didn't get a "nose bleed" but instead put in brilliant crosses for two of our goals "How could they have possibly managed  to do this against Boro, a not too long ago Premiership Club that have spent £40 million on players this season. Ha Ha". 

Aden and Bailey must love that. Back-handed compliment if you ask me. How will peoples' perception of us ever change if we go along with their ignorance? (SL action this please)

It's all in the mind. I don't like them. I'll kick myself up the arse if I ever watch it again everyone. They're stuck in a 1950s time warp about "massive" football Clubs. 

Roll on promotion to the Prem. Oh hang on a minute we'd be "over-achievers" like Leicester and Bournemouth (safely in Prem mid-table)  if we did that unlike "massive" Clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, West Brom and let's not forget Sunderland (in or around the relegation zones of the Prem and Championship)

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Ummm who else would you call this seasons over-achievers if it isn’t the team that’s been in a relegation battle like 6 of the last 7 seasons?

Has it been the same players and same management set-up as for the previous 6 seasons I ask myself. Credit where credit is due, surely.

20 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay mate. They started okay about us but then In their condescending terms Aden and Bailey didn't get a "nose bleed" but instead put in brilliant crosses for two of our goals "How could they have possibly managed  to do this against Boro, a not too long ago Premiership Club that have spent £40 million on players this season. Ha Ha". 

Can't blame C5 presenters for thinking this. I was at AG wondering exactly the same.

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I just can`t be doing with Clinton Morrison`s voice I`m afraid. A shame as he does know his stuff when it comes to the Championship but I just find myself tuning out when he speaks.

I hear you loud and clear Red. With you man. I am just waiting at the end of one of his remarks to say something like 'and i got this great 2 year old Astra, lovely motor, 1 careful owner and I'll do you a deal on that'. 

Archived