IGNORED

Positives from the Hull match.

Major Isewater

Reid back on the score sheet.

Flint back on the goal trail.

Brownhill cracking goal ,will give him confidence to try again.

Maggers growing in confidence. He  lost the ball too easily early on with over ambitious passes but then kept the simple pass option to keep the ball moving. 

Elliassen's dead ball delivery and speed.

The Red Army who carried the team to victory as they out sang the home support.

We stay in the play off zone .

Bobby had only gone 3 without a goal, and the second time he’s had a ‘barren’ run this season.  3 games is hardly a run....but in fairness I’m always glad when he gets a goal.  Still think there’s a few who don’t want him to, because of their "he’s the worst finisher ever" comments.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bobby had only gone 3 without a goal, and the second time he’s had a ‘barren’ run this season.  3 games is hardly a run....but in fairness I’m always glad when he gets a goal.  Still think there’s a few who don’t want him to, because of their "he’s the worst finisher ever" comments.

Reid is capable of much more than he is delivering at the moment. We have seen that already this season.

I believe he is possibly experiencing mental fatigue, maybe from pressure or maybe from self motivation, but the staff need to work on him.  Reid has already shown he is good enough, but even the best need a word in their ear sometimes.

A pencil is sharp and keen when you first buy it, but soon needs to be visited by The Pencil Sharpener to maintain that performance level.  Reid has got a bit blunt is all, but then it is his first major season.  I think some people tend to forget that

26 minutes ago, gow2gooseya said:

Reid is capable of much more than he is delivering at the moment. We have seen that already this season.

I believe he is possibly experiencing mental fatigue, maybe from pressure or maybe from self motivation, but the staff need to work on him.  Reid has already shown he is good enough, but even the best need a word in their ear sometimes.

A pencil is sharp and keen when you first buy it, but soon needs to be visited by The Pencil Sharpener to maintain that performance level.  Reid has got a bit blunt is all, but then it is his first major season.  I think some people tend to forget that

Sounded like he had a poor game yesterday.  He’s played a lot of minutes, in a team that despite its lofty position, has to scrap for every win.

I would imagine that a full 7 day gap between games might be just what we need.

Interesting analogy, his hair no longer resembles the rubber on the end!

On 11/26/2017 at 11:25, Davefevs said:

Sounded like he had a poor game yesterday.  He’s played a lot of minutes, in a team that despite its lofty position, has to scrap for every win.

Maybe thats the problem !

On 26/11/2017 at 10:25, Davefevs said:

The whole starting 11 had a bad game, right from the ko when Baker nearly passed the ball past Frankie for an own goal. No one held up the ball, they all lost their personal battles all over the pitch, some stand out a bit more as they see more of the ball. Bobby was no different to any of the rest, didn't stop him looking for the ball though. Not sure what happened around the 60th minute to turn it around but it did so who cares.

9 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Hull capitulated and we won the game

Very similar to what happened to Bcfc last season v reading. 2-0 up with 20 mins to go and lost 2-3. It felt a lot better to be handing it out. I don't think they capitulated, they just couldn't cope with set plays under pressure. Last season we couldn't keep playing and sat back. Allowed reading to shoot from just outside the box and they were clinical. hull couldn't deal with flint baker and djuric all at the same time. 

On 26/11/2017 at 09:53, gow2gooseya said:

I like Duric, but I reckon as a team we are missing Diedhiou.  His running occupies the defenders more and leaves more space for Reid to exploit.  Better suits the way we want to play.

7 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I like Duric, but I reckon as a team we are missing Diedhiou.  His running occupies the defenders more and leaves more space for Reid to exploit.  Better suits the way we want to play.

Totally agree.Opens up huge amounts of space for Bobby to use, Diedhiou links the team up so well.

On 12/1/2017 at 08:58, Red Army Faction said:

You could well be right about that. We are far stronger with Pisano and Diedhou.

Having said that, I am now going to back-track on what I said about Bobby Reid.  I thought he was outstanding against 'boro - his best performance for a while.   Looking every inch a Premiership player, and I hope we can hang on when the big boys start making enquiries.

We now have a squad that is blossoming into something special, and Reid is arguably the jewel.  I hope we can keep our Brownhills and Bryans, our Flintys and CODs, because even if we dont get there this season I can see us getting there eventually with these guys

Archived