IGNORED

Luke Ayling

Dolman_Stand

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Whilst a blatant dive, He didn't fool the ref so there won' be any retrospective action. 

If that's true then what a backward system?! Surely if a 2-match ban can be retrospectively issued which is the equivalent of a red card, then if a player is caught by the referee at the time then by default it should be a red card offence?

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If that's true then what a backward system?! Surely if a 2-match ban can be retrospectively issued which is the equivalent of a red card, then if a player is caught by the referee at the time then by default it should be a red card offence?

As the (******* stupid ) rules stand, the simulation has to lead to a goal or sending off.  I don't see that it makes that much of a difference, the intent is/was exactly the same. The Ref will only ever issue a yellow, but the hindsight committee effectively give a Red . There are always ones where the Ref may not give a pen thinking it's a dive, but isn't 100% sure so leaves it there, to my mind every one should be looked at.

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As the (******* stupid ) rules stand, the simulation has to lead to a goal or sending off.  I don't see that it makes that much of a difference, the intent is/was exactly the same. The Ref will only ever issue a yellow, but the hindsight committee effectively give a Red . There are always ones where the Ref may not give a pen thinking it's a dive, but isn't 100% sure so leaves it there, to my mind every one should be looked at.

Penalty or sending off Mike

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Penalty or sending off Mike

Yep and still those that do not grasp the concept. It is a non issue to the FA until the referee is embarrassed. You can try and deceive officals all you wants. You can actually deceive officials all you want unless it is to get a penalty or someone sent off. Basically their rule is to make it look like they are doing something while actually doing the bare minimum. 

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and still those that do not grasp the concept. It is a non issue to the FA until the referee is embarrassed. You can try and deceive officals all you wants. You can actually deceive officials all you want unless it is to get a penalty or someone sent off. Basically their rule is to make it look like they are doing something while actually doing the bare minimum. 

Think they simply couldn't even begin to hope to post adjudicate on the workload every case of cheating (simulation) across every fixture

Which is a sad reflection on how common it is and how widespread

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think they simply couldn't even begin to hope to post adjudicate on the workload every case of cheating (simulation) across every fixture

Which is a sad reflection on how common it is and how widespread

Misses the point I feel. 

Start by looking at them all and the number to look at will fall dramatically, quickly. 

Had a feeling someone would post about this.

Personally thought he tried to dive, then realised it was a pathetic attempt and that's why he didn't appeal. Perhaps I'm too cynical and he did just lose his footing. 

The Sky commentator said that he didn't appeal so it wasn't a dive (or words to that extent). Do you need to appeal for it to still be a dive? I don't think you do. 

Just now, Gazred said:

No way did he slip. Blatant dive imo, he thought there was going to be contact and went down.

Exactly. Realised the defender was nowhere near him, the expected contact didn't materialise and thought "ill look like a 24 carat cheat if I don't get up and pretend nothing happened".

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Exactly. Realised the defender was nowhere near him, the expected contact didn't materialise and thought "ill look like a 24 carat cheat if I don't get up and pretend nothing happened".

Yep. Spot on.

Unsure what qualifies to go before the review panel but if that's not cheating i dont know what is.

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Didn’t look like simulation. Fell over, claimed nothing, got up quickly and carried on. Not every tumble is either a foul or cheating ffs.

Fell over? :laugh: It was a blatant dive. He only got up quickly because he was embarrassed. He even apologized to the referee after.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s actually turned into a pretty unpleasant player IMO, he seems to do lots of things now that he didn’t do whilst here....the Leeds effect.... 

I totally agree with you and to see some of our own fans on twitter tweeting him in the cringiest way possible for him to come back after our game with them was absolutely ridiculous. The one player of the double winning team I'm not a fan of.

Archived