IGNORED

City 4-0 Walsall 5th May 1990 video

1960maaan

This makes strange watching, crowd noise but no commentary. I can't remember why they dropped it, or why I even have this but there it is.
Two defeats away at Bolton and the squatters meant we needed them to drop points and us to win, I also remember the buzz going around that they were losing. Why people start things like that I don't know, I was glad for this game only I had a radio with me. 

City  Sinclair; Llewellyn; Humphfries; Newman; Bailey; Rennie; Shelton; Gavin; Smith; Morgan; Ferguson : Subs; Honour; Bent

Goals: Shelton 3mins ; Gavin 38 (P); Morgan 84; Rennie 86.

41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Assumed it was the hilights! Will have to watch another time (maybe in the bar with @SuperDziek

That was some team and some campaign . Would've gone up as Champions easily had God himself not got injured v. Crewe. As long as I live I will never forget that season. 

Yes we’ll have to watch it in the Bob Taylor Lounge!

Great memories. One of the seasons I remember with great fondness. Stood in the middle of the East End behind the goal going ****ing mental week in week out. Cheap as chips to get in. 99p Micky Finns burger chips and drink meal and then bus home. Super Bob. Smudger the gazelle, and the real psycho....Glen Humphries. Runners up to the Sags or not, this was still a cracking season to be a City fan. We played some lovely football that season and were a good side.

I remember that game well. It’s fascinating to watch those scenes at the end again with supporters around the touchline and encroaching onto the pitch. The SAG would have a complete metltdown. All good natured though, and quite polite how the fans allow the Walsall player to have room to take a corner. I was in the East End that day and didn’t feel confident about climbing over the fence, so I nipped out of the back exit and into the Dolman near the end so I could get easier access onto the pitch. After the final whistle the crowd was tightly packed on the pitch and it was absolutely sweltering. 

We had a fantastic side that season and played some excellent football.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Regular renditions of 

' Where's your Kelly now '

To the Walsall Fans 

:clapping::yes:

Beat me to it Bob !

It felt sooooo good to be singing that after that little shit had caused us so much misery.

And of course, the actual chant was "Where's your ******* Kelly now ?!"

Thanks for sharing this did not realise until the end that I was at this game. I remember being in shock whilst at the pitch invasion whilst spotting Tony Robinson with his young son and blurting out Baldrick! He just kind of nodded his head awkwardly and acknowledged some young oik shouting his characters name, poor fella, I had no idea at the time that he was a City fan.

Good memories.

Remember this game very well. Possibly the first pitch invasion I was ever involved in.

Can remember saying to a mate when Nicky Morgan scored, 'hopefully that's the last goal that will be scored at AG in this league for a while'. Then up popped Dave Rennie a few minutes later to score again.

There were 4 pitch invasions iirc.

Archived