IGNORED

Manchester Tickets Tomorrow

YCbrs

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Reminds me of the mile-long queue for Liverpool FA Cup tickets, back in the day. 

Was it the Brighton play off game or Stoke at Wembley where we had to queue all day? I seem to remember we had ST books with a cardboard insert in a plastic sleeve with your details on back then and the staff insisted on checking every ST number which was a major problem as we`d all had them in our back pockets all season and the numbers were virtually unreadable. It was taking about 10 minutes to sell each ticket from that little shed that used to be at the back of the Atyeo.

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Wonder if the club regret not giving the whole of the away end to Manchester fans.....??

Surprised there is still that many left tbh

Why on earth would they be regretting it?  And why are you surprised?

We've sold in the region of 23,000 home tickets already.  That means at least 23,000 people who are either a member or STH, and have been to at least one game already this season.  That's a decent statistic.  That shows the level of interest in this game, and the growth of our membership base - contrast this to our FA Cup game against West Ham a couple of years ago, which made it past member priority and only sold out at the last minute despite a limited capacity of around 13k.

The remaining 1,500 or so tickets will quite obviously sell out either to remaining members, or general sale.  There is nothing to regret.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Was busy online this morning. Screenshot from one of my employees (she got her ticket)

IMG_6500.JPG

Interesting queuing system, I said before , took me about 3 minutes when I got mine. Yet when I first went on it said I was 11,311 in the queue.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have a similar system up the Mem.

Priority one and you are guaranteed a locked out ticket.

Prioriy two, either locked out or match ticket.

Priority three. You get a match ticket.

Or if you just rock up on a Saturday and say you`ve played a few Downs League matches you get a game for the first team.

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Please let us know how you think the club should have gone about priority in practical terms.

Season ticket holders first, fair enough.

Beyond that, first come first served.

I can't logistically get to many City games at the moment, but that doesn't make me any less deserving of a ticket than someone who can. I've been a customer, and a fan, of the club for three decades.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can't logistically get to many City games at the moment, but that doesn't make me any less deserving of a ticket than someone who can. I've been a customer, and a fan, of the club for three decades.

Which would make the membership scheme almost totally pointless.

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

So you seriously think the club should change a pretty fair ticket allocation policy to suit you, someone who can’t get to games much, really??  #mindblown

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

So because it doesn’t suit you, it’s the wrong way..?

Surely you appreciate that people who have gone to other games this season and have supported the club via the membership scheme, are probably worthy of a ticket. Even if it is at your expense! 

What a shame that the only game you can get too, just happens to be one that you can’t get a ticket for. 

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Great idea. First come, first served. So locally-based United fans are given just as much chance as non-STH regulars. One big bunfight for tickets with no attempt to distinguish between genuine supporters and plastics - and the potential for huge numbers of genuine fans to miss out.

The club have taken very sensible measures to prioritise real fans of the club with the booking history to prove it. They are to be applauded for that. It is not their fault you can’t make many games at the moment. 

Your suggestion wouldn’t improve matters, it would make it worse. Think it through.

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I see they had 9,000 apply for Chelsea away :laugh: how on earth do they go about allocating them fairly 

As already posted, they have a ballot system. Anyone with a season ticket can apply and it's luck of the draw, supposedly. In the last year or so they've started clamping down on people getting tickets then passing them on, by having random away games where tickets are picked up on the day, and they have to match the name on the ticket to the person collecting. The exception is European away games which work on a credit system, so that if they progress to the later stages, the people who were trekking to group stage games in Russia and the like get rewarded.

For cup games like this one, midweek and away to a lower-ranked side, you tend to find that the execs and day trippers don't fancy it so much, so the tickets will often fall into the 'right' hands as far as creating an atmosphere and making some noise is concerned.

15 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Just to add - your proposal is exactly how it was for Hull in 2008, before we had a membership scheme. We averaged about 17k at home that season. After STH, we sold 30,000 tickets via general sale in 20 minutes and took 40k to the game. I have personal friends who’ve supported the club their entire life and went to countless games that season who didn’t get a ticket that day. You think that’s fair?

Just out of interest (I already have my ticket) IF someone wanted to buy a membership now and loaded the ‘Boro or Forest game on under their ticket tonight, would they then be able to buy a ticket for the Man Utd match tomorrow, if still available..? 

Interested to see 6,000 Manchester fans applied to see us, only 3k less than their away game at Chelsea.

Fancy that tbh. People said things about possible reserve side, how it would be right at the bottom of their priorities and hardly an interesting draw for them.

6k applying though, not bad at all. Should be an interesting match tbh.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just out of interest (I already have my ticket) IF someone wanted to buy a membership now and loaded the ‘Boro or Forest game on under their ticket tonight, would they then be able to buy a ticket for the Man Utd match tomorrow, if still available..? 

Think someone confirmed this earlier in the thread, yes.

Archived