IGNORED

Manchester Tickets Tomorrow

YCbrs

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only issue with that is are they only selling memberships to people already on the database or are they selling memberships with a match ticket to anyone? If the latter then that would seem to open up sales to a lot of plastics/locally based Man  U fans...

No more than it does to 'City Fans' who have neither a membership or buying history

I honestly think the club has got the sale of tickets bang on. I'm an exile living in the Midlands who can only attend the odd game here and there. I go to both rugby and city games. I have a membership every year just in case these sorts of occasions crop up. I would have had no complaints if I couldn't get a ticket but was able to get one on monday.

When I think back over the years of some of the complete dogs breakfasts that the club have made of priority sales, this one has been perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I honestly think the club has got the sale of tickets bang on. I'm an exile living in the Midlands who can only attend the odd game here and there. I go to both rugby and city games. I have a membership every year just in case these sorts of occasions crop up. I would have had no complaints if I couldn't get a ticket but was able to get one on monday.

When I think back over the years of some of the complete dogs breakfasts that the club have made of priority sales, this one has been perfect. 

Remember the 'cash only' days when you had to queue at the Gate for several hours........in all winds and weathers, and lose a day's wages in the process.

8 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

A loyalty scheme for those of us exiled  from AG wouldn't be a bad idea though eh?

Ive spent 30 of my exiled years in the southern half of the country so getting to AG was although expensive, logistically things were manageable.

Now that Ive been based up north the last 5 years, getting to AG is not possible, however I travel to and spend a large amount of money watching city. If only we had an away loyalty system where our attendance could be measured and rewarded; rather than a member who's allegiance is to a basketball team!

I’d agree that if an exile had membership and had bought away tickets linked to their membership, then that could/should give them equal priority to those who have attended Home games. 

Perhaps something the club could look at tweaking for next season. 

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interestingly (perhaps), in the other QFs:

• Chelsea have given Bournemouth 3,000 tickets at £25 for an adult.
  • Arsenal gave West Ham just over 5,000 at only £10.
  • Leicester gave 3,255 to the other Manchester team (who knew there were two?) at £13 for ST and £18 general sale.

It's a case of supply and demand. Surely you can see why it is a more meaningful fixture to bristol city than the other teams made up of premier league winners and european champions! 

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

• Leicester gave 3,255 to the other Manchester team (who knew there were two?) at £13 for ST and £18 general sale.

And we charged less for previous rounds when we needed to entice people along to the games as well. 

I doubt there is a single club outside the Prem who wouldn’t charge top dollar for Man Utd at home in a cup quarter final. 

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think the key thing here is that Chelsea will play Bournemouth twice this season (and played them twice last season), as will Arsenal v West Ham and Leicester v Manchester. Who knows when City will play Manchester again (hopefully soon).

49 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And we charged less for previous rounds when we needed to entice people along to the games as well. 

I doubt there is a single club outside the Prem who wouldn’t charge top dollar for Man Utd at home in a cup quarter final. 

I'd be inclined to say £33 isn't top dollar, they could've pushed it further if they'd wanted and still sold out. 

9 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

A loyalty scheme for those of us exiled  from AG wouldn't be a bad idea though eh?

Ive spent 30 of my exiled years in the southern half of the country so getting to AG was although expensive, logistically things were manageable.

Now that Ive been based up north the last 5 years, getting to AG is not possible, however I travel to and spend a large amount of money watching city. If only we had an away loyalty system where our attendance could be measured and rewarded; rather than a member who's allegiance is to a basketball team!

I do have some sympathy with you, but find it interesting those people that say about how many away games they go to as they can't make a home game , yet by a Christmas miracle they can suddenly be available to attend this Utd clash 

To anyone moaning about having to buy extra "memberships/tickets" in order to qualify for this game, tough. You've all had plenty of chances to get yourself "up the pecking order" so to speak.

I actually think the club has got it spot on with sales procedures - and this is coming from someone who has purchased a membership to make sure I can get in on yesterday's priority group. 

If we were at Wembley where you'd probably get about 40k tickets allocated, you can afford to offer season ticket holders first choice of 2 or 3 tickets - we don't have the capacity for that funnily enough. There is no fairer way of doing it, and for that I applaud the club.

The price obviously isn't an issue going by how well the sales are going. I also know someone that works in the ticket office, and they've said it's one of the easiest games (although biggest) in terms of sales procedures they've dealt with. 

There will be people that won't be able to get tickets, but thats no different to a big stadium concert. 

Demand is high, the prices will match that.

54 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I think the key thing here is that Chelsea will play Bournemouth twice this season (and played them twice last season), as will Arsenal v West Ham and Leicester v Manchester. Who knows when City will play Manchester again (hopefully soon).

Very good point.  For most of those teams this is hardly a glamour game is it. 

Tbh I was more interested in potential allocations and pricing for the away leg of the semi-final :fear:

Based on what I've found, and if I had a genie to grant me my wishes, I'd want a thrilling 4-3 victory over Manchester followed by a semi-final against Arsenal.

Little heads up to those yet to buy.

Just had a look at what's left out of interest.  Given the rest of the lower Lansdown is sold out, its curious that there are loads of seats still available in W10, which is the narrow block at the far end of the lower section.  I wonder if people miss it because it's so small on the plan.  It's arguably the pick of the remaining tickets - side on view, decent elevation, plenty of legroom.  I'd be buying in there ahead of the Atyeo.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I do have some sympathy with you, but find it interesting those people that say about how many away games they go to as they can't make a home game , yet by a Christmas miracle they can suddenly be available to attend this Utd clash 

Yeah, because no one else is treating this as a special game, are they?

10 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

It's a reward system created to give people who have already spent money on the club this season a good chance to get hold of a ticket.

It's not about your previous fandom over the years. If you don't go now you don't get a ticket.

It's funny that you can't get to games very often but suddenly Manchester United are in town and you can make that one. If you'd been able to attend more games and held a membership you'd have no problem.

You seem to be on your own in your thought process. There are countless people who think live music ticketing systems are poor and you seem to be one of them so why should the club take that poor approach used in the music industry instead of rewarding people? Seems a bit of a backwards step.

Why are they charging more? Supply and demand. Why do Premiership clubs charge more than non-league?

Ultimately you're upset the system hasn't benefitted you and you alone. Nobody here feels sorry for you.

Feel free to buy an inflated ticket online.

So the club are rewarding people AND raising prices due to 'supply and demand'? You can't have it both ways...

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I do agree with you, but my point was if people can make an 8pm game on a Wednesday, surely they could make enough games over the rest of the season to qualify for a higher bracket of priority?

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

So the club are rewarding people AND raising prices due to 'supply and demand'? You can't have it both ways...

They've not raised the prices, they just haven't reduced them for this game, as they did for previous cup games.

I must say, for someone who stated " I'm not really all that hung up about it " , you seem pretty hung up about it!!

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I do agree with you, but my point was if people can make an 8pm game on a Wednesday, surely they could make enough games over the rest of the season to qualify for a higher bracket of priority?

For personal reasons, I'm unable to attend AG very often at all. But I've waited 30 years to see us play Man United, so I would've pulled out all the stops to make this one.

I'm really not THAT against the club's ticketing policy for the game. I always knew it was unlikely that I'd be lucky enough to get a ticket. I was really just raising it because I think it's an interesting question and one which would provoke debate – and it's done that.

As for raising prices to meet supply and demand, I think that sucks big time, but that's business.

11 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm trying not to. It's one of the bigger cup games we've had in recent years, but still just a cup game.

It's a game to look forward to but we have much bigger fish to fry this season.

League matches take priority every time so far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I'm trying not to. It's one of the bigger cup games we've had in recent years, but still just a cup game.

It's a game to look forward to but we have much bigger fish to fry this season.

League matches take priority every time so far as I'm concerned.

I agree. If we give United a good game, lose 3-2 and get loads of people saying what a great team we are, I'd be happy with that. Would prefer promotion!

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

As for raising prices to meet supply and demand, I think that sucks big time, but that's business.

As others on this thread have repeatedly pointed out to you, the club have not raised the prices for this game. They offered reduced prices for the previous rounds to attract fans. This game is in line with our Gold category pricing, and you cannot deny that a League Cup quarter final against Manchester qualifies as Gold category.

24 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yes you can have it both ways: -

You set up a sales process to ensure genuine supporters get first priority for tickets.

You set the price according to the quality of the fixture and likely demand.

Then said genuine supporters are rewarded with the first chance to buy tickets for an oversubscribed fixture at the stated price.

21 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

For personal reasons, I'm unable to attend AG very often at all. But I've waited 30 years to see us play Man United, so I would've pulled out all the stops to make this one.

I'm really not THAT against the club's ticketing policy for the game. I always knew it was unlikely that I'd be lucky enough to get a ticket. I was really just raising it because I think it's an interesting question and one which would provoke debate – and it's done that.

“You’d have pulled out all the stops”.... apart from getting a membership and just one other ticket..?! 

Archived