IGNORED

Manchester Tickets Tomorrow

YCbrs

1 hour ago, Super said:

Utterly ridiculous. This from a club that gives away supporters a 3k allocation in a 76k ground.

You can’t judge a club’s support solely on attendances in previous rounds. Many clubs don’t sell out early rounds of cup competitions but still have enough fans for more high profile fixtures. What about the 40k we took to Wembley v Hull, or the 45k v Walsall? And what about the fact we’ve nearly sold the entire allocation to fans who have already been to at least one other game this season?

The sense of entitlement is staggering.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Strikes me that allocating a whole week to each priority window was probably a bit excessive.

But remember that Phone sales for Member + 1 match doesn't start until tomorrow (Thursday).  Some people don't have access to the on-line system (or as was the case with me last year the web site does not work properly with their browser).

I guess most will be sold by the weekend  with a few left for Members who haven't booked anything this season on Monday. 

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

'1000's left'? No.

'General sale next week'? No.

What a crap article, do some research BP and get your facts right. :nono:

Never lose an opportunity to try and slag us off, do they?

Bunch of Non Bristolian *****.

2 hours ago, Super said:

**** 'em indeed!! Perhaps we should give 'em the entire ground. Transfer the claim to Old T possibly (though I'm sure many will have a shorter journey to/from Ashton Gate. They have been spoiled in days gone by when clubs like Wimbledon used to give 'em the majority of the available tickets. Well we won't. Suck it up you Glorychasing Mongrels. I'm sorry we didn't quite keep the Australian or Hong Kong branch of MUFC supporters club happy, but perhaps they could watch it on TV as usual.

In the old days, drawn games would go to a replay and a lot did.  I'm convinced that some of them were drawn deliberately for the extra gate money.  A replay at Old Trafford would certainly have generated some extra revenue.

As it is, we now have extra time followed by a Swedish pop group to decide the tie if MU can make it to 90 mins.

Hope we have all been practising our penalties.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Almost 24 hours later

101 LL   - 21 Sold

147 UL   -  29 Sold

724 AT  -  33 Sold

83 sold, not exactly flying off of the shelves now

Less that 1000 left following sales to season ticket holders and members who have attended other games this season, showing that opening the Atyeo to allow an extra 1100 home fans was definitely the correct thing to do. 

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I see their spokesperson is playing the potential crowd trouble card in a futile attempt to get the number increased. To coin a phrase,  the last refuge of a scoundrel.

**** `em.

How on earth does he expect us to provide more seats when only a handful of tickets remain. We cant (won’t) give what we haven’t got. Bonkers.

When the ticketing details were released i thought it was a good idea to limit tickets to Man Utd supporters, which would allow an extra 1000 city fans to sit in the away end. Now i am not so sure. Ticket sales have now dropped to a trickle so it would appear that most city fans have secured their tickets. We will sell a few more to members who haven,t seen any games this season (are there that many of those?) so soon they will go on open sale.

Who will snap these tickets up ?  City fans who aren,t either s/t holders or members (tickets that could well end up in the hands of Man Utd supporters anyway) or direct to Man Utd supporters, unless we operate a strict name and address policy.

In terms of security it may be better if Utd fans did get these tickets rather than any undesirables who may want to be in the away end just to cause mayhem.

As i said at the beginning the more city supporters in the ground the better, but it is not easy to guarantee that the sales go to the right people.

Been looking at the allocations other Clubs (Premier League) give away fans...Bear in wind we give Manure fans 2,641 tickets

There is no point in making any comparison with Arsenal or Tottenham, so I wont bother.

Swansea: 2,000

West Brom: 3,000

Stoke: 2.800

Palace: 2.000

Burnley: 2.414

Saints and Brighton: around 3.300

Apologies to the Manc Mongerels, but they arent getting such a raw deal....maybe the Post is stirring things up and creating and mountain where there is barely a molehill (again). What sort of Journalist would exaggerate the truth?

8 hours ago, dunsteral said:

When the ticketing details were released i thought it was a good idea to limit tickets to Man Utd supporters, which would allow an extra 1000 city fans to sit in the away end. Now i am not so sure. Ticket sales have now dropped to a trickle so it would appear that most city fans have secured their tickets. We will sell a few more to members who haven,t seen any games this season (are there that many of those?) so soon they will go on open sale.

Who will snap these tickets up ?  City fans who aren,t either s/t holders or members (tickets that could well end up in the hands of Man Utd supporters anyway) or direct to Man Utd supporters, unless we operate a strict name and address policy.

In terms of security it may be better if Utd fans did get these tickets rather than any undesirables who may want to be in the away end just to cause mayhem.

As i said at the beginning the more city supporters in the ground the better, but it is not easy to guarantee that the sales go to the right people.

I know many good City fans who have spent thousands and thousands over many decades following City all over the Country but for one reason or another haven’t been down for a while, I have family members who live the other side of the Country and can only get to away games, fans who work or play on Saturdays, fans who simply can’t afford/ justify paying to get into AG at this present time, they are all good City fans and are desperate for a ticket, we’ve given Man U more than enough tickets

Archived