IGNORED

Lee Johnson interview on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

The dogs bark/caravan quote is an ancient proverb. If you google it, even Mourinho used it when he won his last title with Chelsea. A good attitude for LJ to have though; basically don’t get blown off course by all the critics/noise on Twitter etc - just keep rolling on. He showed how resilient he was last season.

10 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

No he said talks continue with Bobby, Joe and Josh but another player contract extension/New contract to be annouced in next few days.

The comment about new contract was above but LJ also added that this was a player who was playing really well currently and would please fans! Looking at first team (excluding Brownhill, Patterson and Reid) and excluding summer signings....

Fielding 2018

Bryan 2019

Flint 2020

Wright 2019 (1yr option)

Smith 2019

Pack 2018

COD 2019

Worrying that Reid and Brownhill OOC this summer mind.... 

23 minutes ago, brad blit said:

The comment about new contract was above but LJ also added that this was a player who was playing really well currently and would please fans! Looking at first team (excluding Brownhill, Patterson and Reid) and excluding summer signings....

Fielding 2018

Bryan 2019

Flint 2020

Wright 2019 (1yr option)

Smith 2019

Pack 2018

COD 2019

no it's not, its quite normal, we know what happens when massive contracts are dealt out,

Talks would be on-going and if they breakdown or go nowhere expect them to be sold

• Admin
1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Fielding 2018

Bryan 2019

Flint 2020

Wright 2019 (1yr option)

Smith 2019

Pack 2018

COD 2019

Not sure they are, Mark Ashton did an interview a few weeks back and said nobody was out of contract this summer

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not sure they are, Mark Ashton did an interview a few weeks back and said nobody was out of contract this summer

They may not be but O'Neil and Garita definitely are to name but two, so that isn't correct.. 

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

Fielding 2018

Bryan 2019

Flint 2020

Wright 2019 (1yr option)

Smith 2019

Pack 2018

COD 2019

No they’re not . Johnson said last night they got at least 20 months left 

4 hours ago, brad blit said:

Fielding 2018

Bryan 2019

Flint 2020

Wright 2019 (1yr option)

Smith 2019

Pack 2018

COD 2019

My guess would be Flint. An improved contract & a few extra years on top possibly. Am I correct in saying that Flint was using some Pen symbol on his Twitter or Facebook posts recently? Although my first guess was O'Dowda, guess we will know soon enough. COYR 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They may not be but O'Neil and Garita definitely are to name but two, so that isn't correct.. 

I think he said nobody crucial to the first team is. You'd think O'Neil would need to get fit and back in the side before the end of the season to be considered for an extension, though I suppose he might be kept for his Premiership experience were we to get promoted. Garita might get one if they still think he has potential but he's probably behind Hinds and McCoulskey now.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Thank **** for that! What an enormous waste of money he’s been (not slagging off the signing, just unfortunate)

Agreed.

Potential to have been a good signing, but after a decent start things went downhill following that Sheff Wed game, then with the injuries added in I don't think it's unfair to call this signing a flop.

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Agreed.

Potential to have been a good signing, but after a decent start things went downhill following that Sheff Wed game, then with the injuries added in I don't think it's unfair to call this signing a flop.

It's not the GoN's fault, it's not the clubs fault. But it has been an absolute ******* waste of money on the playing budget. I've not heard he's done any coaching of the kids either. A real shame, was quite excited when he signed. I'm just holding onto the fact that he said at the start of the season that he swapped to squad # 28 as he'd been promoted to the Premier League wearing that number before. If it happens again then I take back everything else I've said here!

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It's not the GoN's fault, it's not the clubs fault. But it has been an absolute ******* waste of money on the playing budget. I've not heard he's done any coaching of the kids either. A real shame, was quite excited when he signed. I'm just holding onto the fact that he said at the start of the season that he swapped to squad # 28 as he'd been promoted to the Premier League wearing that number before. If it happens again then I take back everything else I've said here!

Again agreed.

It is no ones individual fault, sometimes things dont work out 

Archived