IGNORED

O'Dowda : Confirmed out for 8-10 weeks (Merged)

kiwicolin

bugger

Breaking: Major injury blow

We can report that winger Callum O’Dowda is set for a long spell on the sidelines.

The Bristol Post has learnt that the attacker has had a scan and the news is worse than feared. It had been hoped that the winger would be out for just a few weeks but instead O’Dowda is set to be out for some three months.

1 minute ago, Super said:

bugger

We can report that winger Callum O’Dowda is set for a long spell on the sidelines.

The Bristol Post has learnt that the attacker has had a scan and the news is worse than feared. It had been hoped that the winger would be out for just a few weeks but instead O’Dowda is set to be out for some three months.

By "some three months" does that mean we can choose which?

I vote May, June and July.

1 minute ago, Super said:

bugger

I can categorically state that the Post are wrong again. 

I don't have an injury .

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he's out for 2/3 weeks, according to a post on here yesterday,

but while its a blow its not massive as we have Pato, Eliasson and Leko who can all step up to the plate

That 2-3 weeks was probably because that's what LJ said on Sound of the City but the scans shown otherwise.

I'd say it's a pretty big blow, especially for away games. He works harder getting back than any other of our wingers and we'll miss that playing away, especially without our main fullbacks. I reckon we'll end up seeing Pato on the right and Bryan on the left with Mags at LB when we play away. I really don't want to see Brownhill at RM as he has a much bigger impact centrally.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he's out for 2/3 weeks, according to a post on here yesterday,

but while its a blow its not massive as we have Pato, Eliasson and Leko who can all step up to the plate

Really? Over the past 6 weeks id class this as big as a blow as losing Pisano/Diedhou. COD has been instrumental over the last few games. 

The last few games Leko has been apart of, he's pretty much killed the game (in a bad way). 

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

That 2-3 weeks was probably because that's what LJ said on Sound of the City but the scans shown otherwise.

I'd say it's a pretty big blow, especially for away games. He works harder getting back than any other of our wingers and we'll miss that playing away, especially without our main fullbacks. I reckon we'll end up seeing Pato on the right and Bryan on the left with Mags at LB when we play away. I really don't want to see Brownhill at RM as he has a much bigger impact centrally.

pato is best suited to a freer role to drift in and out of the middle where he was so effective at the start of the season,

it's Eliasson's place to grab imo

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Really? Over the past 6 weeks id class this as big as a blow as losing Pisano/Diedhou. COD has been instrumental over the last few games. 

The last few games Leko has been apart of, he's pretty much killed the game (in a bad way). 

At the time those two were injured we had no cover (Vyner in Pisano's case and Woodrow in Diedhou) we have cover on the wings

3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

A possible option. Do you think he'll want to move Bryan though? He kept doing this last season and he obviously wants Joe to see himself as a left back full stop. It is a decent option though. And if Mags gets better. Think more likely, Eliasson will start to get games. Exciting player.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

pato is best suited to a freer role to drift in and out of the middle where he was so effective at the start of the season,

it's Eliasson's place to grab imo

And he can do that from the right, just like how he does it from the left now.

I agree about Eliasson but I feel he needs to improve his defensive side of the game for him to become a regular first team. Johnsons alluded to it before and now he will get a chance to show what he can do; hopefully he does well as I really like him.

Just now, WRERE said:

I agree about Eliasson but I feel he needs to improve his defensive side of the game for him to become a regular first team. Johnsons alluded to it before and now he will get a chance to show what he can do; hopefully he does well as I really like him.

oh i agree, but CoD isn't a renown defensive winger ether, Like i said its a blow but we have cover 

9 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

A possible option. Do you think he'll want to move Bryan though? He kept doing this last season and he obviously wants Joe to see himself as a left back full stop. It is a decent option though. And if Mags gets better. Think more likely, Eliasson will start to get games. Exciting player.

I'm sure he doesn't want to move Bryan but he's done it in cups and games before. If we need to be a bit more solid defensively he's the go to man. I really hope Eliasson shines as I really like him

3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I'm not a regular this season, but watched the full Hull game on BCTV earlier, and was at the Stoke and Preston games where he played.

IMO Eliasson in the Preston and Hull games was 10 times better defensively than he was when we played Stoke (at one point in the Stoke game Crouch won a ball Eliasson was trying to head with a back heel!). At one point late on vs Hull (can't remember whether 2-2 or 2-3 at the time) Eliasson was filling in at RB and although unable to win the ball, held up the forward long enough to allow other players to get back into position.

Of course he could improve more defensively, but he has progressed a lot.

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Oh dear. Worst season for injuries I can remember for a long time.

And just goes to show what nonsense it was when people started talking about what an enormous squad LJ had assembled. 

What it actually shows is how bloody lucky we were under Cotts with injuries - if we had this sort of injury list under him we’d have been down to getting Downsy and the Tea Lady on. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

And just goes to show what nonsense it was when people started talking about what an enormous squad LJ had assembled. 

What it actually shows is how bloody lucky we were under Cotts with injuries - if we had this sort of injury list under him we’d have been down to getting Downsy and the Tea Lady on. 

Downsey would offer more than Woodrow!

11 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Got to start thinking is it our training regime, conditioning, pitches? One thing is for sure we need at least 3 new signings in Jan. 

I think it’s just bad luck - happens to all teams at times. I imagine training/conditioning isn’t massively different now than any other time under LJs tenure. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed, we actually have a very average sized squad in terms of numbers.

The only reason it seems inflated is because in 14/15 and 15/16 we had a skeleton squad that barely had a player past those on the bench.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think it’s just back luck - happens to all teams at times. I imagine training/conditioning isn’t massively different now than any other time under LJs tenure. 

Yep, Steve Allen said the same in his very informative BCTV interview earlier this month:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

Archived