IGNORED

O'Dowda : Confirmed out for 8-10 weeks (Merged)

kiwicolin

7 hours ago, Super said:

bugger

Breaking: Major injury blow

We can report that winger Callum O’Dowda is set for a long spell on the sidelines.

The Bristol Post has learnt that the attacker has had a scan and the news is worse than feared. It had been hoped that the winger would be out for just a few weeks but instead O’Dowda is set to be out for some three months.

A big loss but it would now appear that our having multiple options in some positions has been very good business by LJ & MA.

15 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Got to start thinking is it our training regime, conditioning, pitches? One thing is for sure we need at least 3 new signings in Jan. 

Are you for real?

when you get injured in training then it's bad training

when you get injured in a match because of a bad tackle it's bad luck,

ffs

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

So is that really COD's LOT for months? ... have we had our chips until around Valentines day next year? ... that scan appears to have truly rubbed salt into injury..  Can't condiment him enough for his excellent contribution to our season so far. 

Seriously its really sad news, he will be a big miss but we will survive..

Get well soon Callum ... haste la vista - you'll be back!  

You'll get battered for posting a pun filled post. 

17 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Got to start thinking is it our training regime, conditioning, pitches? One thing is for sure we need at least 3 new signings in Jan. 

Not training but could be argued that the style of play we have adopted means players are playing on the edge of peak fitness/injury risk. Also noticed that a lot of the foreign players brought in to the club have picked up injuries which lends weight to the evidence that the championship is a brutal and highly competitive league.

16 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

....his are big boots to fill, I just hope whoever LJ chooses to re plaice him, that they have the heart and sole to dig deep dive in and take it, its certainly a chance for someone to make a big splash.

calm down captain birdseye

5 minutes ago, AI_Red said:

Just saw this. He is having surgery to diagnose what the extent is the damage is, once that is known I guess it will be clearer how long he will be out and what treatment he has t9 have. So still unclear whether 3 months or 3 weeks. Fingers crossed. :fingerscrossed:

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just saw this. He is having surgery to diagnose what the extent is the damage is, once that is known I guess it will be clearer how long he will be out and what treatment he has t9 have. So still unclear whether 3 months or 3 weeks. Fingers crossed. :fingerscrossed:

Not like the EP to make things out to be the worst they can be without having all the facts.

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

I like the thought of this but I think we have to be realistic and accept its gonna be a few months out. Massive shame as he has really started to come into his own this season

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I like the thought of this but I think we have to be realistic and accept its gonna be a few months out. Massive shame as he has really started to come into his own this season

Couldn't agree more. Such a shame for him and us given his form of late.

But no need for him to worry about an extra mince pie over Christmas I'd doubt.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Couldn't agree more. Such a shame for him and us given his form of late.

But no need for him to worry about an extra mince pie over Christmas I'd doubt.

Wasn't there a thing going around before that Baker likes to have an extended break over xmas?!

On 11/29/2017 at 19:05, Monkeh said:

must be a prawn sandwich muncher 

I used to quite like prawn sandwiches but it seems over the years the taste has gradually been ringed out of them like an old dish cloth. The prawns used to taste great with watercress especially the large leaf watercress and I have to say the organic variety does taste better; no bones about it. I am going to give the ubiquitous sandwich one last try though but this time I am driving to Mevagissey for an afternoon tea at the Ship Inn; apparently renowned for locally caught common shrimp. The Brown shrimp, a little larger, but also has been over fished and tend to live in mud and sand compared to the common shrimp living in and around rocks. I am yet to decipher which tastes better though. I may report back on this obscure subject on a completely unrelated thread at a later date when, no doubt, I will be wearing a thermal vest; something I have forgotten all about until now.

Shrimp, Prawn.. Prawns have claws on three of their five pairs of legs, shrimp have claws on two of their five pairs of legs. Their gills and body shape are different too. As far as cooking them goes, they are virtually identical and interchangeable. And they are, actually, different species. More another time, perhaps or look it up yourself, or not. 

Archived