IGNORED

THAT Derby game in full, video.

1960maaan

After all the discussion on the Derby away game from '92, I thought I'd skip the ones I was going to get online and go straight to that one.
At 2-0 down we were finished, after the sending off we should have been comfortable , but this is City. With possibly the worst replacement keeper ever we still never got enough shots on goal to cause problems. As for the footage.... I left Sam Mason on the beginning as she's a Red, and I left all the intro to the program just for the glimpse of Bob Taylor, Albeit in a WBA shirt. It also shows how things have changed when it comes to TV. 

City; Welch, Mitchell, Scott, Thompson, Bryant, Osman, Mellon, Dziekanowski, Allison, Harrison, Shelton. Subs: Bent , Edwards. 

Oh, and to save anyone wondering if Bent's goal should have been disallowed

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-28%20at%2016.24.

Clearly two players between Bent and the goal, if that had stood I might not got so angry about the other chances he missed.

one of my favourite away days with city - after ten minutes it looked like it was going to be a cricket score, and not in our favour either. As a young teenage lad it was natural to be up against the fence next to the home fans: some colourful banter exhanged that day! remember coming out the ground and the missiles were falling out the sky like scuds! brilliant day out. 

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

one of my favourite away days with city - after ten minutes it looked like it was going to be a cricket score, and not in our favour either. As a young teenage lad it was natural to be up against the fence next to the home fans: some colourful banter exhanged that day! remember coming out the ground and the missiles were falling out the sky like scuds! brilliant day out. 

We must have been close by on this day, there were cups of hot tea being thrown through the fence at the Derby fans. Their faces at full time were a sight to behold.

23 minutes ago, The_Don said:

We must have been close by on this day, there were cups of hot tea being thrown through the fence at the Derby fans. Their faces at full time were a sight to behold.

yes mate! I remember a slightly tubby Derby kiddy taunting us and then, BOSH, the knowle westers chucked a scalding hot tea in his ugly mug. the poor kid looked like he was going to cry :D that wasn't the last Bovril to fly into them either! I remember the In, Out, Turn Around and Do the Dziekanowski going for ages in that bit of the ground. Loved that game, brilliant. Reckon we had about 1000 up there that day but jeez, we were in lusty voice!!! Everything I love about City, away days and football in general was present and correct that day! Perfect in every respect. 

Pity the Search facility on here only let's you go back a little way.

A few years back this game was discussed on here and one guy posted how coming away from the ground he bipped the horn at some Derby fans. They started running after him, so he put his foot down, drove round a corner and found all the lights were red!

• Admin
53 minutes ago, 22A said:

Pity the Search facility on here only let's you go back a little way.

A few years back this game was discussed on here and one guy posted how coming away from the ground he bipped the horn at some Derby fans. They started running after him, so he put his foot down, drove round a corner and found all the lights were red!

@22A How long ago was the topic?

I can search back to 2007

image.png

Archived