IGNORED

Managerial roundabout (merged)

22A

So Alan Pardew to WBA and Sam Allardyce to Everton.

Speculation though that Derek McInnes may take over at Rangers. Could be interesting assessment of the man. Rangers have more resources than Aberdeen, but are currently lower down the league table.

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Very glad to see British managers getting the jobs especially Everton who have a realistic chance, next season, of breaking in to the top 6.

I'll be watching with interest if Allardyce gets the Everton job. Reckon he'll be something of a surprise with a few quid to spend.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Very glad to see British managers getting the jobs especially Everton who have a realistic chance, next season, of breaking in to the top 6.

Careful what you wish for and all that considering LJ's stock will be rising, but I'd rather see someone take a punt on someone like LJ or Wilder rather than the 'merry go-round' of Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes etc. 

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

Careful what you wish for and all that considering LJ's stock will be rising, but I'd rather see someone take a punt on someone like LJ or Wilder rather than the 'merry go-round' of Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes etc. 

I cant say that I saw any Championship managers names being linked to either of these jobs and that is not a surprise.

Keoman and Pulis were relieved of their duties simply because the owners were starting to get concerned about relegation and the loss of revenue so they were never likely to appoint someone from the league below regardless of how well they are doing or the potential they have.

One of the major blockers for young British managers getting a chance in the EPL is the 'recycling' of these two plus Moyes et al. - Even Hodgson  is back in the EPL!

All the money has simply upped the fear factor for the owners. 

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Seems like the same  managers are in the premier league every season, just at different clubs*!!

*I'm sure someone will point out that is not 100% accurate

Pulis to Swansea next I reckon!

3 hours ago, Chivs said:

Really pleased about this as it means next year there are two clubs we don't need to worry about finishing above in the Premiershit.

It’s called the Premier League which sort of ruins your joke....hasn’t been the Premiership for more than a decade...before you yell ‘pedantic’ it’s like calling the Champions League the Championship...

4 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Of the Championship.

Finished my thunder; though to be fair I did leave it open for someone ala Major to take it the other way..

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

:rofl2br:

Indeed.

4 hours ago, glynriley said:

I'll be watching with interest if Allardyce gets the Everton job. Reckon he'll be something of a surprise with a few quid to spend.

In all seriousness, to my two comments above, this job was THE job for Sam immediately after he left Bolton. He needed extra funds from the then Chairman, who famously turned him down, and he walked; Everton would have backed him and now, some 10 years later, maybe he has the job he should have had back then.

3 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

Not being superstitious and not at all offended by the regurgitation of old British names; And for that reason fully expect LJ to see out his mission with us, assuming it doesn't go pear shaped, and stay longer.

46 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Finished my thunder; though to be fair I did leave it open for someone ala Major to take it the other way..

Indeed.

In all seriousness, to my two comments above, this job was THE job for Sam immediately after he left Bolton. He needed extra funds from the then Chairman, who famously turned him down, and he walked; Everton would have backed him and now, some 10 years later, maybe he has the job he should have had back then.

Not being superstitious and not at all offended by the regurgitation of old British names; And for that reason fully expect LJ to see out his mission with us, assuming it doesn't go pear shaped, and stay longer.

I've never taken it the other way and don't intent to start now .

:disapointed2se:

8 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Pardew and Allardyce are frauds. Don't understand how managers can continue to fail (in the public spotlight) and just pick up new Premiership jobs over and over.

TBF, Allardyce did a great job for Bolton in the Premiership but that was years ago. I think presently both are competent in this league and they should do a decent job up to a point. Can't see either being at these clubs in 2 or 3 years time though.

Archived