IGNORED

What was this all about?!

Super

During his post-match interview, Guardiola claimed he was telling Redmond that he was wasting time from the ninth minute.

“I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end. Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one.

“But they didn’t’ want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play,” he said.

9 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

During his post-match interview, Guardiola claimed he was telling Redmond that he was wasting time from the ninth minute.

“I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end. Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one.

“But they didn’t’ want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play,” he said.

I call bullshit

Just now, TheCulturalBomb said:

Imagine being Redmond the legendary Pep Guardiola praising you and going mental at you at the same time.

It's like when your kids drive you ******* mental, and you snap, but you want them to still know that you love them more than life itself

Kinda

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am passionate about football but I know that I cannot walk on water or turn water into wine.

Once again City fans have their expectations dashed.

31 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

It annoys me when managers like Guardiola moan about defensive performances against them. It's easy to have principles about the way the game should be played when you can spend however much you want on almost anyone you want. 

It hasn't stopped Mourinho parking the bus on a few occasions despite the millions he has spent.

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It hasn't stopped Mourinho parking the bus on a few occasions despite the millions he has spent.

Good point. Even more reason to think that Mourinho is a gobshite!

Managers can set up their team however they like but it's easy to criticise others who haven't been lucky enough to only manage gazillionnaire teams like Barca, Bayern Munich and Man City.

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Good point. Even more reason to think that Mourinho is a gobshite!

Managers can set up their team however they like but it's easy to criticise others who haven't been lucky enough to only manage gazillionnaire teams like Barca, Bayern Munich and Man City.

I often wonder how well managers like Guardiola, Mourinho and the like would do at clubs where they could not go out a buy in the best players available.

I understand the issue of handling the egos of top players, and keeping them all happy even though only 11 can play each game, but how much more difficult a job it must be when you have to work with a group of players who are not all blest with fantastic talent and technical ability and you can't just go into the market a buy in what you need. 

It does seem a cop out when every year the manager of the year award usually goes to the premier league winners, who will have had limitless resources available, when there are lower league managers working miracles on a shoestring.  

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I often wonder how well managers like Guardiola, Mourinho and the like would do at clubs where they could not go out a buy in the best players available.

I understand the issue of handling the egos of top players, and keeping them all happy even though only 11 can play each game, but how much more difficult a job it must be when you have to work with a group of players who are not all blest with fantastic talent and technical ability and you can't just go into the market a buy in what you need. 

It does seem a cop out when every year the manager of the year award usually goes to the premier league winners, who will have had limitless resources available, when there are lower league managers working miracles on a shoestring.  

I do know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but your first sentence sums up exactly why I think some of these managers, Guardiola definitely, Mourinho to an extent, are overrated.

That doesn't mean they aren't very good managers, but having unlimited funds does shift everything in your favour quite a bit.

It would be remiss of me to not acknowledge Portia under Mourinho, where he achieved an incredible feat, but at every club since then he has had as much money as he wanted, to buy whoever he wanted.

Archived