IGNORED

Team for Boro

wendyredredrobin

I'm hearing that Joe will be fit, so here goes:

Frankie

Bailey Aden Nathan Joe

Jamie Josh Korey Niclas

Bobby Matty

Bobby can play up front with Matty or Cauley, though doesn't seem to work so well with Milan.  As Milan's fitness still needs looking after, I would let him warm the bench for the first half.

Do you think we will play a 442 or a 532/352 arrangement? I'm guessing at a 442.

Do have the option of playing Hörður at LB behind Joe, but I don't think Lee will do that either.

Traore, Fabio, Downing all decent players and Assambolo has always been a danger man. They have a decent keeper too in Darren Randolph.

I have this one down as a 2 -1 home win. Fancy Bobby to get one and hopefully one of our other forwards.

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm hearing that Joe will be fit, so here goes:

Frankie

Bailey Aden Nathan Joe

Jamie Josh Korey Niclas

Bobby Matty

Bobby can play up front with Matty or Cauley, though doesn't seem to work so well with Milan.  As Milan's fitness still needs looking after, I would let him warm the bench for the first half.

Do you think we will play a 442 or a 532/352 arrangement? I'm guessing at a 442.

Do have the option of playing Hörður at LB behind Joe, but I don't think Lee will do that either.

Traore, Fabio, Downing all decent players and Assambolo has always been a danger man. They have a decent keeper too in Darren Randolph.

I have this one down as a 2 -1 home win. Fancy Bobby to get one and hopefully one of our other forwards.

Pretty much the team I'd hope for given the injuries, not sure if I'd start with Woodrow or MT.

Agree on Milan not getting a full game until fully fit - better as an impact sub.

Not going to guess a score as the only time I did that this season we lost, so now I'm superstitious about it!

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Boy its a good thing we don't have starting players with the same first name or that could have been confusing....

Yeah, I had to start doing that when I couldn't ever spell or even prenounce Fam's surname and I have to think twice about Milan's too.  That's why I called them Durex & Dildo for ages but also in the hope of better penetration.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In goal= who's it?

back four= he, what'shisname?, thingy and him

midfield= that bloke, the other guy, the usual one and the other fella

up top= the smallishgeezer and the largish lad

Was thinking this too, it'll really help to deal with Boro's midfield.

wright flint baker bryan

pack smith 

Elliason     Reid   Brownhill 

Taylor 

i know brownhill was poor first half on the wing, but I have seen him play well in that position. Part of the problem was Woodrow and Reid's dreadful hold up play. Put him on the left wth Bryan overlapping and he could receive the ball earlier, cut inside and cause real problems. I don't like brownhill playing too deep. Coming forward he is sensational. He commits  fully to the tackle which can lead to counterattack. But When the other team are advanced he is not good at reading danger, closes late, not great at sheparding players away from danger area, gets caught wrong side defensively.'in other words he is not a defensive midfielder His instincts are attacking. Look at hulls 2nd goal. Let someone else do the donkey work in front of our back 4 

If we start powderpuff with Reid and Taylor up front we could get battered. The ball will simply keep coming back to us! Don't get the love in with Taylor, not seen anything to suggest he is good enough for this level.

Let's also hope our centre back pairing which has been a strength up to now don't have another hull City game!

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

If we start powderpuff with Reid and Taylor up front we could get battered. The ball will simply keep coming back to us! Don't get the love in with Taylor, not seen anything to suggest he is good enough for this level.

Let's also hope our centre back pairing which has been a strength up to now don't have another hull City game!

Agree with you about Taylor. Just don't think he is good enough to play in this league. He was supposed to be a goal scorer and has failed there. He may run about a bit but can't see he achieves much doing it.

Think LJ has 3 decisions:

Does he stick with Hörður at LB, if he does it means Bryan is a possible to replace O'Dowda and also gives us the long throw option.

Who does replace O'Dowda? If Bryan plays LB Paterson is the experienced choice, though the case for Eliasson must be growing.

Finally who partners Reid, LJ said we couldn't hold the ball up front first half last week, which suggests Djuric should start, (even if he only lasts an hour) I can only echo the comments above about Taylor & it doesn't appear Woodrow did himself any favours.

Wouldn't be surprised at:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Brownhill Pack Smith Eliasson

Reid Djuric 

Been thinking about who I would start against Boro and it is tough with the injuries. It all depends on if Milan is fit enough to start. Considering we have had a week of rest and there is basically another week of rest after, he may start. 

That said I am going to assume he is not. Mostly because I prefer him as an impact sub. So I would probably drop a striker and bring in another midfielder. Just leaves the bench short but that is our situation at the moment. So my team woupd look like this

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Pack

Smith       Brownhill

Leko.                   Pato

Reid

Steele, Milan, Eliasson, Mags, Vyner, Bakinson, Taylor/Woodrow

So 433 with a front 3 who can take defenders on. Seems a bit light in regards to holding the ball up but we have seen a similar side do well recently(Fulham away). I know many are down on Leko but I am sure we have been developing him and on his day he can be unplayable. Maybe harsh on Eliasson but with only small strikers available, I do not see the point of starting him. Plus, this leaves options on the bench if we need a goal. 

It changes is Milan plays though. Pack and Leko go to the bench and Milan and Eliasson come into the fold. It will be nice when Diedhiou is fit though because then it means a target Eliasson can aim for. 

I’m hoping for

————— Surname —————

Surname — Surname — Surname — Surname

Surname — Surname — Surname — Surname

—— Surname — Surname ——

Or maybe mix it up a bit with Surname playing in the whole

According to one of their versions of OTIB Gary Monk plays his full backs high up the pitch - if this is the case , and I am sure our analysis chaps will have noticed if factual,Nicholas has to start in place of Calum.

If JB is fit I would play him on the left side of midfield and keep Maggs at LB.

Taylor and young Bobby as a pairing won't work, no way they will hold the ball up,play Milan and if he can only last 60 mins so be it, Taylor coming on against a tiring defence could be effective then.

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Been thinking about who I would start against Boro and it is tough with the injuries. It all depends on if Milan is fit enough to start. Considering we have had a week of rest and there is basically another week of rest after, he may start. 

That said I am going to assume he is not. Mostly because I prefer him as an impact sub. So I would probably drop a striker and bring in another midfielder. Just leaves the bench short but that is our situation at the moment. So my team woupd look like this

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Pack

Smith       Brownhill

Leko.                   Pato

Reid

Steele, Milan, Eliasson, Mags, Vyner, Bakinson, Taylor/Woodrow

So 433 with a front 3 who can take defenders on. Seems a bit light in regards to holding the ball up but we have seen a similar side do well recently(Fulham away). I know many are down on Leko but I am sure we have been developing him and on his day he can be unplayable. Maybe harsh on Eliasson but with only small strikers available, I do not see the point of starting him. Plus, this leaves options on the bench if we need a goal. 

It changes is Milan plays though. Pack and Leko go to the bench and Milan and Eliasson come into the fold. It will be nice when Diedhiou is fit though because then it means a target Eliasson can aim for. 

I can see your theory regarding starting Leko. And to be fair he probably only needs one decent performance to boost his confidence and get him firing again..

But with the recent form of Eliasson off the bench if one of them is going to start I can only see it being Eliasson and I think he will.

Agree at the fact with a smaller strike force, there's no one to get on the end of Eliasson's balls in, but he looks extremely dangerous with that left foot from set pieces for the likes of Flint to attack

9 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fielding

Wright  Baker  Flint  Magnússon

Eliasson  Brownhill  Smith  Bryan

Reid  Taylor

Paterson and Djuric off the bench if needs be. 

If we start with Reid and Taylor up front then I think we start with Paterson. Lots of movement, clever balls through the middle, that's what Paterson (and Brownhill) in midfield give us. Then Eliasson and Djuric off the bench; more direct, Eliasson much better at getting to the line and putting a good cross in, Djuric knocking down. 

I felt tha was a problem agent PNE, we had the wrong combinations on at the same time, not playing to each other's strengths.

all subject to injuries and fitness of course!

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fielding

Wright  Baker  Flint  Magnússon

Eliasson  Brownhill  Smith  Bryan

Reid  Taylor

Paterson and Djuric off the bench if needs be. 

This I think. The coaching team seem to have talked up Eliasson after the last couple of games, I think he's about to break out. Bryan on the other wing makes us a little more solid without CODs work rate. I think if Duric is deemed fit enough, he'll start but I suspect it'll be Taylor

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

In goal= who's it?

back four= he, what'shisname?, thingy and him

midfield= that bloke, the other guy, the usual one and the other fella

up top= the smallishgeezer and the largish lad

Are you Brian Clough or Ron Atkinson..?

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

This I think. The coaching team seem to have talked up Eliasson after the last couple of games, I think he's about to break out. Bryan on the other wing makes us a little more solid without CODs work rate. I think if Duric is deemed fit enough, he'll start but I suspect it'll be Taylor

Djuric gives you more options from the bench I feeel.

Archived