IGNORED

Magnasson

WayOutWest

I thought he had his best game for city so far. Notwithstanding that bizzare own goal. 

He pretty much dealt with Downing all night. His positioning was excellent (I have critised that in the past) and won just about every aerial battle. 

Much more to come from him, but you can see him growing in confidence every game. I am glad he didn't take that loan deal and fight for his place. 

Really pleased for him.

Stevo 

2 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I thought he had his best game for city so far. Notwithstanding that bizzare own goal. 

He pretty much dealt with Downing all night. His positioning was excellent (I have critised that in the past) and won just about every aerial battle. 

Much more to come from him, but you can see him growing in confidence every game. I am glad he didn't take that loan deal and fight for his place. 

Really pleased for him.

Stevo 

Agreed. Very ropey first 10 mins and then grew in confidence and did very well.

He always starts of ropey until he susses out his opponent, the changes his game accordingly. I still think he is a much better centre back than left back.

Og...it happens i'm not going to blast him for it.  A lot better players than mags have scored just as bad og's

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I really like him. Far off from the finished article and sometimes he makes me feel nervous but I feel there is a lot of potential there.

About where I am which is why i would rather have a proper left back in that position. I am not the biggest fan of Wright either. I think those two need to improve if we are going to be critical. 

I thought he looked shaky when Joe went off and he had Patterson in front of him. traore and Boro really went down us all night at the left, can see why as he is a quality player, but they rarely got anything. Nobody had a bad game tonight, that’s the sort of results/performances that will keep us in the top 6

Now on to the really hard one Friday night... 

He's 'ok' as a fill in IMHO , and when he heads and kicks it and keeps it simple

He didn't know how to deal with Downing , who ghosted past him with ease when he closed down and whipped in crosses when he didn't and gave too much room - Luckily Downing didn't see enough of ball

Cant see him being an ideal LJ player at LB in the future - Centre half if he develops ......possibly

I think he's a good player and his confidence is building.

Once it's there and his confidence on the ball is as high as many others on our team he'll be a great player.

Think the own goal was unfortunate and a one-off that should just be forgotten about.

He's definitely more comfortable with Bryan in front of him, and when they're both on the team sheet I'm not at all worried about it, which I might have been in the past.

Definitely worth watching for more in the future

51 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Was just about to post the same. Was pretty solid all game. Struggled a bit to deal with Traore at the end but the guy is absolutely electric so understandable.

Spot on,had people sat by me slagging him but they clearly didn't notice he was electric.At no point did boro look like scoring apart from long range efforts which says it all,we looked so solid today 

He had a good game tonight, he was not beaten by there winger more than a handful of times all game, his position play has come on so much he's starting to read where the danger is and deals with it well, he's not the finished product yet as shown by his suprise when the og ball hit him but he's getting better with each game he plays 

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He's 'ok' as a fill in IMHO , and when he heads and kicks it and keeps it simple

He didn't know how to deal with Downing , who ghosted past him with ease when he closed down and whipped in crosses when he didn't and gave too much room - Luckily Downing didn't see enough of ball

Cant see him being an ideal LJ player at LB in the future - Centre half if he develops ......possibly

He does allow far to many crosses to come in, stands off. Decent game tonight overall though. Alright as a useful defence back up at CH or LB but will only play regularly (when everyone is fit) on the left side of a back 3.

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hörður did not do well against Downing, but at some point Joe had a word with him.  I think he said "show him inside" and from then on, Downing had to go onto his left foot and became fairly useless.

I guess we all see the game diffently. It's credit to Hörður that Downing was subbed. 

Thought he was decent; not spectacularly good or bad. Made a vital interception in the first half otherwise 'Boro were through on goal (think it was a run from Troare who got tackled but the ball went past Baker and Mags swept it up). The one thing I noticed was that he was allowing Downing too much space and showing him inside onto his left foot which was dangerous. Downing doesn't have the legs and he's primarily left footed so he wants to cut in and he played some dangerous balls in from doing that, Mags should've showed him wide and get Bryan to track Christie on the underlap, other than that he was good. I watched the Hull game back last night and he was fantastic so it's good to see him kick on

Archived