IGNORED

Just like watching Brazil!

Robbored

Fantastic result and very well deserved. 

It was a joy to see some of City's some delightful one touch stuff and playing the beautiful game the way it's suppose to be played. The Sky commentators were cooing about how good City are. Bobby Reid highlighted for his endeavour and energy and Flint as a no nonsense stopper but with a very impressive goal scoring tally.

Two very taken goals and big Flinty getting an assist to boot.

Hodur was very unlucky to score an og. The ball was on him so quickly that he could t react in time. He was expecting Wright (I think) to have headed it clear.

But hey-ho City won the game so it doesn't matter that much.

I cannot begin to comprehend the dross of last season compared to this - how on earth can things be so different? - how/what/where has changed so drastically to make us like this? - only thing I can think of is ditching Tomlin but surely one player can't be the difference? - never seen anything like it!

2 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

I cannot begin to comprehend the dross of last season compared to this - how on earth can things be so different? - how/what/where has changed so drastically to make us like this? - only thing I can think of is ditching Tomlin but surely one player can't be the difference? - never seen anything like it!

I likened this seasons hugely improved performances to LJ being like a mechanic last season trying to get the engine running smoothly and effectively. A tweak here and there, different components virtually every game until he got it running how he would like.

This season that engine is running well as our results and league position show. The odd stutter here and there but overall LJ must be absolutely delighted with the squad/team he's built.

9 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

I think it's confidence and an extra season of playing together. We were capable of playing well last season, but were incredibly fragile if things went against us at all.

Besides, LJ always said he needed 3 transfer windows to get the team he wanted :P

4 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

I’m 30, I turned to my old man after we went 2 up, and I said this is the best city team I have seen in my life time

i loved Johnson Snr team that got us to playoffs, but this team is something else, if even if we lost tonight I would still be writing this

This current squad is better than the one GJ had. We have more depth, more versatility with a far better manager and coaches.

I was sooo impressed with City tonight and I haven't been this made up since the days of Danny Wilson.

Im cautiously optimistic that City will be in the pray-offs come the last game of the season.

5 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

I’m 30, I turned to my old man after we went 2 up, and I said this is the best city team I have seen in my life time

i loved Johnson Snr team that got us to playoffs, but this team is something else, if even if we lost tonight I would still be writing this

bring on Manchester! Ashton Gate will be alive 

I'm 41 and i think I pretty much agree with you. I would of said the season under SC, we had a real identity with the football we played, not as pretty but we got stuck in every game. This is another level all together.

The work rate is being underlined with some great technique and intelligence with and without the ball. It's even more impressive considering the injuries to players who would normally be in the starting 11.

I had my doubts on the squad strength after the Leeds game but am delighted to have been proven wrong.

15 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

I think the commentator (Prutton?) nailed it when he said last year we bought a lot of players with potential, and it's only just this year that the potential is being realised. Getting Korey back to his best has been massive as well.

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fantastic result and very well deserved. 

It was a joy to see some of City's some delightful one touch stuff and playing the beautiful game the way it's suppose to be played. The Sky commentators were cooing about how good City are. Bobby Reid highlighted for his endeavour and energy and Flint as a no nonsense stopper but with a very impressive goal scoring tally.

Two very taken goals and big Flinty getting an assist to boot.

Hodur was very unlucky to score an og. The ball was on him so quickly that he could t react in time. He was expecting Wright (I think) to have headed it clear.

But hey-ho City won the game so it doesn't matter that much.

Flint a class right winger. 

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I likened this seasons hugely improved performances to LJ being like a mechanic last season trying to get the engine running smoothly and effectively. A tweak here and there, different components virtually every game until he got it running how he would like.

This season that engine is running well as our results and league position show. The odd stutter here and there but overall LJ must be absolutely delighted with the squad/team he's built.

Think he had trouble with the big end last season, but the big end is now playing over the bridge.

24 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

I think it's pretty well documented that  LJ's player expectations, fell well short last year. Tomlin is an obvious target as he seemed a real bad apple in the bunch. 

But all these players seem to have grown up. I would put that down to the pre season meetings about code of conduct. Meetings to hash out an Identity and fostering a team spirit and togetherness rarely seen.

The squad seem accountable to each other and all over the pitch we have leaders. Certainly in midfield and defence. 

You have to credit this to LJ as I think all the mistakes last year have been put right. I also think the managerial change last season allowed LJ to become more if his own man. 

We saw in flashes last season what we were capable off, but inconsistencies and a soft under belly were exploited by our opponents. 

With some careful recruitment in January and the return of key injured players, I really think we can go on and achieve what we set out to do. 

Stevo

This formation with Bobby as a false number 9. Worked well v fulham and brilliantly today.  I really think we should stick with this formation. Very Barca esq.

This formation would definitely be the best way to play Manchester.

Hörður still looked a bit iffy until Joe told him to push the right winger ont his left foot though.

Awesome. Better in every department than our opponents. Won every 50:50. Quick, clever football. Loving it.

Didn't think Flinty could get any better or have any more clubs in the bag. Turns out he's now the new Ronaldo. Something special is this man. How he's developed. Just think only a few years back he was a mistake waiting to happen. Now, not only does he win everything, he wins it in every position on the pitch. An absolute legend. 

58 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Think he had trouble with the big end last season, but the big end is now playing over the bridge.

It can’t just be about Tomlin. Cardiff are second after all so Warnock is managing his players to produce winning (if shit) football and tomlin who is a genius (and obviously a tosser )is not upsetting their team spirit 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

This current squad is better than the one GJ had. We have more depth, more versatility with a far better manager and coaches.

I was sooo impressed with City tonight and I haven't been this made up since the days of Danny Wilson.

Im cautiously optimistic that City will be in the pray-offs come the last game of the season.

Far better than Danny Wilson footy tonight.  DW did far too much passing it across the back line...

2 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

It can’t just be about Tomlin. Cardiff are second after all so Warnock is managing his players to produce winning (if shit) football and tomlin who is a genius (and obviously a tosser )is not upsetting their team spirit 

Tomlin is probably a bit scared of Colin W. Not so much with Lee!

Well done Lee Johnson for getting rid. Has definitely made the difference..

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

This formation with Bobby as a false number 9. Worked well v fulham and brilliantly today.  I really think we should stick with this formation. Very Barca esq.

This formation would definitely be the best way to play Manchester.

Hörður still looked a bit iffy until Joe told him to push the right winger ont his left foot though.

Definitely works well against the better teams. Against sides that will sit back though I would like to see an extra striker, we did lack a presence in the box at times if I was to be extremely picky

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

Well done Lee Johnson for getting rid. Has definitely made the difference..

Tomlin wasn't as disruptive as some think. 

The problem was that LT was simply way too inconsistent and that's why he spent so much time on the bench at City and now he's doing the same at Cardiff.

LJ was under pressure from the fans to sign him after his impressive loan spell but soon realised that the mercurial Tomlin was exactly that and didn't really fit into LJs playing strategy. 

When Colin came in for him it was a win win situation.

Last year was the pre-cursor to the players understanding what the coaching staff needed from them. If it was that easy to adapt to the style of play every other championship club would be doing it and trying to beat us at our own game! We are now down the road a lot further and reaping the fruits of last years labour and recruitment policy!

I really believe that we have what it takes to keep this going and we will be in or around the mix come May. 

Archived