IGNORED

Just like watching Brazil!

Robbored

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Fantastic result and very well deserved. 

It was a joy to see some of City's some delightful one touch stuff and playing the beautiful game the way it's suppose to be played. The Sky commentators were cooing about how good City are. Bobby Reid highlighted for his endeavour and energy and Flint as a no nonsense stopper but with a very impressive goal scoring tally.

Two very taken goals and big Flinty getting an assist to boot.

Hodur was very unlucky to score an og. The ball was on him so quickly that he could t react in time. He was expecting Wright (I think) to have headed it clear.

But hey-ho City won the game so it doesn't matter that much.

Out of interest, what were the Sky pundits’ views on us.  Tonight and generally?

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I’m 30, I turned to my old man after we went 2 up, and I said this is the best city team I have seen in my life time

i loved Johnson Snr team that got us to playoffs, but this team is something else, if even if we lost tonight I would still be writing this

bring on Manchester! Ashton Gate will be alive 

Be intetested to what your Dad said re best city team 'he' had ever seen.

11 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Out of interest, what were the Sky pundits’ views on us.  Tonight and generally?

The main pundit - Higginbottom?  was  full of praise for the way City performed. He commented on the strategy of buying younger players and developing them, suggesting that we're already benefitting.

Wade Elliot was the studio pundit and looked very uncomfortable in the role. He looked as if he had a bit of stage fright and wasn't as articulate as we all know he is. He said nothing of interest which disappointing considering his knowledge of the club and most of the players.

My Dad introduced me to Ashton Gate in 1970. He died last year (his funeral was on 1 December). One year and one day later, I'm absolutely bloody sure he'd have been drinking this team in, full of admiration. At 55, I'd have to say THIS is the best City team I've ever seen. In the 1970's it was all very exciting, but this is different gravy. I sooo hope that some of this team show the same sort of loyalty that Tom Richie and Geoff Merrick did when big bucks were dangled in front of 'em when the team were gunning for promotion. Some of these guys could make the sort of legendary status enjoyed by Gerry Gow and Paul Cheesley . They really are that good.

3 hours ago, Nube Rojo said:

I cannot begin to comprehend the dross of last season compared to this - how on earth can things be so different? - how/what/where has changed so drastically to make us like this? - only thing I can think of is ditching Tomlin but surely one player can't be the difference? - never seen anything like it!

IMO it's quite simply been about an owner having the balls to stand by a plan against all odds. Creating a consistency that something can grow from. We are now reaping what we have sewn & im bloody loving it. COYR 

3 hours ago, Nube Rojo said:

I cannot begin to comprehend the dross of last season compared to this - how on earth can things be so different? - how/what/where has changed so drastically to make us like this? - only thing I can think of is ditching Tomlin but surely one player can't be the difference? - never seen anything like it!

Interesting to note the team that started tonight were all here last season - no summer signings in the starting XI. Things change quickly in football!!

Without doubt, the promotion winning team under Alan Dicks was the best City team ever.  The Atyeo and Wedlock teams may have been ok, but incomparable to modern soccer.

I thought that John Ward's team that got promoted to the championship was pretty good too.  Played very attractive and exciring football and walked the league along with Watford that year.

The current team is better than Wardy's but nowhere near Dicksy's yet.  Hope it will be though next year in the prem.

I'm 74 years and have seen some great teams an players over the years. I gave up trying to compare different eras as it is impossible.

What I will say, is that all the successful sides have much in common with this squad - a resilience, never giving up, scrapping for everything and a togetherness. Plus a lot if skill and a will to keep improving.

Add to this, the new stadium, the way the Academy is developing tomorrow's talent and a sensible and forward looking recruitment policy, I have a good feeling about our club and what we may achieve.

13 hours ago, Magic Man said:

Interesting to note the team that started tonight were all here last season - no summer signings in the starting XI. Things change quickly in football!!

I think it is down to coaching. Everyone knows there job, where they should be and what their purpose is and, just as importantly, trusts their colleagues to do the same. All these injuries but it is the same. All down to coaching and srills I think plus angrowing self-belief

We have a relatively young team that is very energetic, fastest city team in general I have seen. We run until the last minute. We just need to work out how to break down teams who park the bus and who knows where the season could go. Look at our injuries and you realise we have a genuine 1st team squad of about 25. Can't recall being this positive before, 20 games in. 

Archived