IGNORED

Pogba to play against us?

Up The City!

Ok, I am going to say it.

Loving our football at the moment, and we are third. Given that...this is a sideshow for us right now.

Happy to lose honourably in this one. This cup has already cost us Fammy. No doubt I will punch the air and do a little jig if we did win, but league is now the most important to us, whilst there is a real chance.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Hope so. Want every top player to be   starting against us. We will very likely get beat so why not get beat against the best team Utd can offer ?

Just saw Man Utd rip Arsenal apart on MOTD and if they play like that against us we'll get stuffed but if we do it'll still have been a great cup run

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just saw Man Utd rip Arsenal apart on MOTD and if they play like that against us we'll get stuffed but if we do it'll still have been a great cup run

Arsenal absolutely battered Man U for large periods of that game. Man U took chances Arsenal did not.

Pogba might get an extended ban for the sarcastic applause as he walked off 

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Arsenal absolutely battered Man U for large periods of that game. Man U took chances Arsenal did not.

Pogba might get an extended ban for the sarcastic applause as he walked off 

It was MOTD highlights Tom - not the entire game! 

Man Utd looked very clinical in front of goal.

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It will be a magic night to enjoy, result does not matter, great if we win, no tears if we lose

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was MOTD highlights Tom - not the entire game! 

Man Utd looked very clinical in front of goal.

I saw Arse had 33 shots and 15 on target, Manchester had 4 on target. Not sure what that proves apart from the Arse can't hit a cow's umm Arse with a shovel.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I  would hope we won't defend like Arsenal though!

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who cares 

I care, and do you know why I care? Because I want Bristol City to be successful in every competition it takes part in.

I don't conform to the belief that we should concentrate on the league, in fact I believe this game will get players putting in more effort as they will all want to start that game. A game like this gives the whole club a lift.

I firmly believe that getting a victory is possible, that task will be made easier if players like Pogba don't play.

I hope United pick up wins in their next few games so when it comes to us that game is a very low priority. If Man City are 15 points clear or something by then then United will take a game against us far more seriously. 

I want us to win and progress, our best chance of doing that will be by them putting our a weakened side.

38 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I care, and do you know why I care? Because I want Bristol City to be successful in every competition it takes part in.

I don't conform to the belief that we should concentrate on the league, in fact I believe this game will get players putting in more effort as they will all want to start that game. A game like this gives the whole club a lift.

I firmly believe that getting a victory is possible, that task will be made easier if players like Pogba don't play.

I hope United pick up wins in their next few games so when it comes to us that game is a very low priority. If Man City are 15 points clear or something by then then United will take a game against us far more seriously. 

I want us to win and progress, our best chance of doing that will be by them putting our a weakened side.

I take it you wouldn't field a weakened team then dispite us having 4 games in a week after the Man Utd game in our quest for promotion 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I take it you wouldn't field a weakened team then dispite us having 4 games in a week after the Man Utd game in our quest for promotion 

Bear in mind they also have 4 games in 10 days over Xmas.

It will very much be a complete reserve side from them I would think.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:07, Septic Peg said:

Have to agree.

We'll get a few "names" such as Zlatan from the bench but mostly it'll be Man U mk2.

I'm looking forward to seeing Utd Mk 2. Rashford, Mkhitaryan, Martial or Mata.

15 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

At least we are unlikely to face De Gea in goal. I would even go as far as to suggest Luke Steele is a better reserve goalie than Romero. Manchester may be great going forward but their defence is not the best, and they depend on De Gea.

The Argentinian number 1 is not as good as Luke Steele? I am not buying it. Romero is a very good keeper at any level and would be starting for most premier league teams and most teams in any league for that matter. 

Archived