IGNORED

Pogba to play against us?

Up The City!

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The Argentinian number 1 is not as good as Luke Steele? I am not buying it. Romero is a very good keeper at any level and would be starting for most premier league teams and most teams in any league for that matter. 

Ok. A bit of an exaggeration but he's definitely nowhere near the class of De Gea, whereas the difference between Fielding & Steele is much less marked.

Lilewise Lindelof & Darmian might be internationals but they are hardly the best defenders in the the Premier League either. 

I am just trying to point out that they are better going forward than they are in defence. To have 33 shots against, including 15 on target, suggests that there might be some opportunities against them, especially on the break.

11 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Ok. A bit of an exaggeration but he's definitely nowhere near the class of De Gea, whereas the difference between Fielding & Steele is much less marked.

Lilewise Lindelof & Darmian might be internationals but they are hardly the best defenders in the the Premier League either. 

I am just trying to point out that they are better going forward than they are in defence. To have 33 shots against, including 15 on target, suggests that there might be some opportunities against them, especially on the break.

Agreed but it is their midfield I worry about. Even their second string is very good with the likes of Herrera and Fellaini. It will be a tough one no matter what but I am looking forward to it. I just wouldn’t underestimate their squad players. 

On 12/3/2017 at 09:02, jimmyb said:

Bear in mind they also have 4 games in 10 days over Xmas.

It will very much be a complete reserve side from them I would think.

But the matches they have over the Christmas period are ones that they should be winning without having to break a sweat.  I'm not sure they're going to be too concerned about the run of games to be honest.

Nice to have a game where the result really doesn't matter (to us). However Manchester need a cup final, they need to win and we know we have a team that has the potential to embarrass them in virtually every area of the pitch. With the world expecting Manchester the walk it, the pressure of expectation is on them alone. If Manchester don't get an early goal, I could see their midfield getting very frustrated with us running rings around them. Can almost see the Christmas Turkeys headlines now. 

This game does have the potential to be a right laugh, especially knowing how we've torn apart teams that try and attack us at home.  And if we lose five nil, it doesn't matter. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Nice to have a game where the result really doesn't matter (to us). However Manchester need a cup final, they need to win and we know we have a team that has the potential to embarrass them in virtually every area of the pitch. With the world expecting Manchester the walk it, the pressure of expectation is on them alone. If Manchester don't get an early goal, I could see their midfield getting very frustrated with us running rings around them. Can almost see the Christmas Turkeys headlines now. 

This game does have the potential to be a right laugh, especially knowing how we've torn apart teams that try and attack us at home.  And if we lose five nil, it doesn't matter. 

It's going to affect our goal difference. 

:whistle2:

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bit surprised the likes of Romero, Linderlof and Darmian are getting the ‘OTIB only good enough for the Downs" treatment.  Pretty disrespectful.

They might not be what you expect of a top ManU player, but none of the three are any mugs.

Truer words have not been spoken. We are severe underdogs in this match no matter what unless he plays all young players. They could easily lineup like this:

Romero

Darmian Lindelof Blind Shaw

Mkitarhiyan Herrera Fellaini Martial

Mata

Ibra

Darmian was always known as a defender who shut down opposing wingers but not great going forward. Shaw has had his problems but at 23 has played for england and secured a 25m move to man u. Herrera and Fellaini are not unathletic and will not be a midfield “bossed” easily. Lindelof and Blind have both played internationally and in champions league and Lindelof I feel has been adapting well for a young player. Romero has played in top leagues and is the argentina numero uno. Martial, Mki, Mata and Ibra speak for themselves. Then you get to the bench of Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and you get the point. I want us to win or at least perform well but we are up against it no matter who plays for them. Their top 24 players all walk into the city squad and make it better as individuals. 

54 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Truer words have not been spoken. We are severe underdogs in this match no matter what unless he plays all young players. They could easily lineup like this:

Romero

Darmian Lindelof Blind Shaw

Mkitarhiyan Herrera Fellaini Martial

Mata

Ibra

Darmian was always known as a defender who shut down opposing wingers but not great going forward. Shaw has had his problems but at 23 has played for england and secured a 25m move to man u. Herrera and Fellaini are not unathletic and will not be a midfield “bossed” easily. Lindelof and Blind have both played internationally and in champions league and Lindelof I feel has been adapting well for a young player. Romero has played in top leagues and is the argentina numero uno. Martial, Mki, Mata and Ibra speak for themselves. Then you get to the bench of Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and you get the point. I want us to win or at least perform well but we are up against it no matter who plays for them. Their top 24 players all walk into the city squad and make it better as individuals. 

But not necessarily a better team . 

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:36, Dr Balls said:

At least we are unlikely to face De Gea in goal. I would even go as far as to suggest Luke Steele is a better reserve goalie than Romero. Manchester may be great going forward but their defence is not the best, and they depend on De Gea.

Please tell me this is a joke?

Just now, Major Isewater said:

But not necessarily a better team . 

No of course not. Just surprised at some on here half dismissing some of their squad players who are all quite accomplished. Though I would argue the Mourinho has them as competitive as they have been in the last 5 years or so. They are beatable but I do not look at their players and think we can take advantage. More fair to say we have a better chance then the alternative player which, tbf, some have said but not all. 

On 4 December 2017 at 09:36, Dr Balls said:

At least we are unlikely to face De Gea in goal. I would even go as far as to suggest Luke Steele is a better reserve goalie than Romero. Manchester may be great going forward but their defence is not the best, and they depend on De Gea.

I rest my case on the basis of last night's performances!

And based on LJ's tactics to target Romero, he felt the same way.

Come on You Reds!!!

Archived