IGNORED

Flint (Merged)

old_eastender

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I certainly hope he (SL) has upped his asking price.. Rememeber in the summer he was saying we will listen to £5 million. Surely now it's 10+

I really hope we push away any offers unless there's an overwhelming need to balance the books. My gut feeling is that Flint is playing as well as he is because he is so valued at Bristol City. This could be unfair but I don't think he would make the same impact at another club. He's an established pro for us and that's brought out three very good seasons from the big man. I can't remember well enough the circumstances that brought him to City but clearly Swindon didn't foresee the player that we now have in our team. It took him a while to settle. With the immense role he plays for the team, I'm sure that we are his club. 

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

I really hope we push away any offers unless there's an overwhelming need to balance the books. My gut feeling is that Flint is playing as well as he is because he is so valued at Bristol City. This could be unfair but I don't think he would make the same impact at another club. He's an established pro for us and that's brought out three very good seasons from the big man. I can't remember well enough the circumstances that brought him to City but clearly Swindon didn't foresee the player that we now have in our team. It took him a while to settle. With the immense role he plays for the team, I'm sure that we are his club. 

Spot on

50 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Another great performance from him tonight, thank goodness 'arry refused to pay the £6m asking price and SL stood firm. Since coming back into the side he has been so key for us, really doubt we would be in top 6 had he moved.

Immense player and character. Him and Baker are easily the best pairing at this level. Class acts. 

55 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Another great performance from him tonight, thank goodness 'arry refused to pay the £6m asking price and SL stood firm. Since coming back into the side he has been so key for us, really doubt we would be in top 6 had he moved.

It wasn't arry tho was it,it was the Micky mouse owner who refused to pay it,arry knows a good player when he sees one and they wouldn't pay the money

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Magnificent , simply magnificent in every aspect

Those who cant see his immense value and wanted to get rid........

well....

Had he gone for circa £6m in the summer to a top Champ club or Prem team, not Brum, then with the acquisition of Baker to play alongside Wright, with Moore, Hegeler and Magnússon (possibly even Vyner in time) as back-up, I would’ve accepted it.  Can’t say I wanted him gone or "rid", but would’ve accepted Flint’s and the club’s position for incoming offers.

He has value, ability, plus some weaknesses too.  

He is playing well at the moment, and reformed an improved, mature partnership with Baker.

I’m glad he did stay....but thought we’d be okay had he not.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think all the buggering about back in August taught him a lot. Personally I don`t think he ever really wanted it to leave and what he has done since only reinforces that IMO.

I don`t think he`ll be telling his agent to put his name back out there any time soon.

I don't think he'll need to do any "putting his name out there" Red. I think it's "out there" now, has been for months, and playing pass and move in the inside-right channel and picking out Joe out the far stick will not see it back "in here" away from admiring and covetous eyes around the country.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Had he gone for circa £6m in the summer to a top Champ club or Prem team, not Brum, then with the acquisition of Baker to play alongside Wright, with Moore, Hegeler and Magnússon (possibly even Vyner in time) as back-up, I would’ve accepted it.  Can’t say I wanted him gone or "rid", but would’ve accepted Flint’s and the club’s position for incoming offers.

He has value, ability, plus some weaknesses too.  

He is playing well at the moment, and reformed an improved, mature partnership with Baker.

I’m glad he did stay....but thought we’d be okay had he not.

Agree, we’d ok, but not in the top 6....

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Magnificent , simply magnificent in every aspect

Those who cant see his immense value and wanted to get rid........

well....

For me  Baker and Wright the best combination as a center back pairing. If Flint had left wouldn't have been bothered.

But what the **** do I know? Flint has been outstanding. His leadership, his goals and now his floated balls to the far post. He is the our complete player.

Plus I don't fancy Wright as a fullback,dosen't  offer anything going forward I thought. What a cultured cross for Bryan, a peach.

As I say what the **** do I know?  **** all.

Archived