IGNORED

Flint (Merged)

old_eastender

Just before hi cross for the goal, you could see him thinking "what the **** am i doing up here in this position.  He clearly had no idea what he was doing there and then put in a sublime cross to patto. Fan bloody tastic.

He has been a good CF for many years, but he's got even better this year.  He just looks confident.  Playing well with Bakes, but can equally play well with Bailey.

It was just that impression of what the hell am i doing stomping through the middle and ending up on the right wing that really made me laugh. You could see it in both his face and body language.

I love Flint. Not only is his attitude immense but in my 36 years of watching City his attacking threat as a centre back is second to none. The way he drove forward in the build up to the second goal today was great to watch. He would be very difficult to replace. 

20 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Aden Flint the type of man you would want to be alongside in the trenches, hard as nails but is not a one trick pony, the run forward today not only flumoxed the opposition but Flint hinself, the cross sublime, the mans a beast, i hope he sees his career out here.

I'd be alright with that, proper cult hero.

6 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

The most complete player I've witnessed at The Gate and probably the least likely candidate for that accolade based on his first few months with us. 

I love Flint to bits, but I can only guess you missed Rob Newman?

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Flint really did "pick out" rather than just cross to Pato for the goal. Fock me, are there no ends to this guy's talent? In some ways i'm starting to hate the bloke   :laugh:

He ain’t no one trick pony, that’s for sure. The variety in his goals alone tell us that. Towering headers are just a part of his repertoire, as we’ve been treated to goals from back heels, scissor kicks and volleys of varying types. Now add delicate chipped assists and we have a well rounded player who clubs will have to break the bank for to prise him away. 

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think all the buggering about back in August taught him a lot. Personally I don`t think he ever really wanted it to leave and what he has done since only reinforces that IMO.

I don`t think he`ll be telling his agent to put his name back out there any time soon.

certainly didn't hear anything from him about wanting a move away from the Gate

6 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just don't know what you do when Pisano is fit - you cannot drop Flint (or Baker) and yet Wright is the Captain and Johnson said publicly Flint was in Wrights position.

A great position to be in, perhaps Pisano's injuries have done us a massive favour.

Back 3/5  Pisano and JB WBs . Wright , Flint and Bakes as a 3.  We have options now , we have looked genuinely comfortable with this shape. As it stands it means we don't have to rush Pisano back, but could be a tricky choice towards the end of the season.

• Admin

As we seem to have a thread on all players at the moment I thought I'd "join the party".

In the Summer most were happy  to see him sold if we got a big enough fee as most accept he was our most limited defender footballing wise. 

I had already been thinking that as the quality of our football has improved this season, Flint has too and regardless of how important his goals are, yesterday was the perfect example of Flint's growth as a footballer. 

Keep it up Aden, fully deserving of that CB berth right now and if Pisano were available I would still stick with Flint and Baker :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

In the Summer most were happy  to see him sold if we got a big enough fee as most accept he was our most limited defender footballing wise. 

I had already been thinking that as the quality of our football has improved this season, Flint has too and regardless of how important his goals are, yesterday was the perfect example of Flint's growth as a footballer. 

No doubt that Flint has improved his albeit limited footballing skills and that has to be down to the quality coaching he and his team mates are getting.

LJ and particularly his coaches have/are doing an impressive job with Flint. His lay off and return run to lay on a goal is evidence of that. Even half a dozen games ago you wouldn't have seen Flint even thinking of doing something like that.

20 minutes ago, Ian M said:

had already been thinking that as the quality of our football has improved this season, Flint has too and regardless of how important his goals are, yesterday was the perfect example of Flint's growth as a footballer. 

Keep it up Aden, fully deserving of that CB berth right now and if Pisano were available I would still stick with Flint and Baker :ph34r:

Pisano will be dislodging Wright not a CB.

Providing he doesn't leave in questionable circumstances he will go down as a proper legend in the same way as Murray, Tinnion and Carey have. Read in an interview that he'd like to become a legend here and got a feeling he may be happy to see out his Career in a City shirt, would be invaluable to us if so. Really get the feeling he knows exactly what this club is about. 

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Fair play to the lads on North street post game warming up for United:

"Aden Flint, Aden Flint

He's our City defence genius

With a 48 inch penis -

So **** off Lukaku

He's twice the size of you"

If that is even half true, that's some pork sword.

All hail Chopper Flint.

Archived