IGNORED

Bobby

bcfctim

Surprised not to see a thread on him. Even by his standards I think that was the best I've seen him play. Energy endless, touch sublime, vision...some of his passes I instinctively wondered who he was playing them to until I saw Bryan or Paterson racing behind their defence. And his newfound strength! Fry and Gibson barely knocked him off the ball all game, and they couldn't handle his trickery. He made it look effortless.

The only thing his performance was missing today was a goal. That's the first time talk of 8 figure fees hasn't seemed like hyperbole. We've got some player on our hands.

Scared the crap outta Boro all game. The number of times he managed to control a high ball under pressure from a much bigger defender and then spin away to create space. I've always felt Bobby was a talented player, but never envisaged that this would be the player he'd become. Absolute magic

He had absolutely no right to win the amount he did today, let alone hold onto the ball as well as he did. Was completely isolated against players probably a foot taller than him, yet was shrugging them off and breezing past them like he was just at the park with some mates. 

8 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Surprised not to see a thread on him. Even by his standards I think that was the best I've seen him play. Energy endless, touch sublime, vision...some of his passes I instinctively wondered who he was playing them to until I saw Bryan or Paterson racing behind their defence. And his newfound strength! Fry and Gibson barely knocked him off the ball all game, and they couldn't handle his trickery. He made it look effortless.

The only thing his performance was missing today was a goal. That's the first time talk of 8 figure fees hasn't seemed like hyperbole. We've got some player on our hands.

Loved the fact that one min he was chasing down their keeper and next making a tackle in our box.

49 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Bobby very impressive. Strength, movement, touch. A ball of energy. 

The January transfer window looks a frightening prospect. Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Aden Flint will all be chased down by bigger clubs. In another thread I said that THIS was the best City team I'd ever seen. I just hope that the players show the same loyalty as Richie and Merrick when the big bucks were dangled by Arsenal in promotion season

Olé recently posted that we had a "genuine superstar" in Bobby Reid in one of his match reviews.

I thought it was an exaggeration at the time. Today he was exactly that.

Consistency is the key, but if he continues to play like that, that's exactly what he will be.

22 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

The January transfer window looks a frightening prospect. Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Aden Flint will all be chased down by bigger clubs. In another thread I said that THIS was the best City team I'd ever seen. I just hope that the players show the same loyalty as Richie and Merrick when the big bucks were dangled by Arsenal in promotion season

Joe, Bobby and Aden..  and Josh and any others that people think they can nick will say a big NO NO NO.

Things are good here right now. They'd be mad to go, in all honesty. Money talks, but i'd like to think that so does team spirit. Kurt?

6 hours ago, Pezo said:

Players stock is high but so is ours as a club I think were (as a club) matching our players price tag at the moment, if we were playing like this but midtable then I would be more worried.

As always, the key factor is that we don`t need to sell. I just watched the re-run of the game and the commentator mentioned at one point that SL was the 14th richest club owner in the country.

Archived