IGNORED

LJ

AppyDAZE

8 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Brilliant tactical stuff tonight from Lee playing 5 across middle and Reid up top. worked a treat. Boro didnt have a clue what was happening. They thought they were playing at home !

It was fantastic and he deserves credit for that starting line up and tactics. Didnt agree with the Djuric for Bryan sub and it almost cost us.

21 minutes ago, Super said:

It was fantastic and he deserves credit for that starting line up and tactics. Didnt agree with the Djuric for Bryan sub and it almost cost us.

Bryan booked and got involved in a bit of argybargy (although not his fault) on the touchline. Good call to sub him, seeing as he's been injured too.

Defo need Joey at Sheffield too

5 minutes ago, Cider Queen said:

Made me laugh it was typical Bristol City fans tonight moaning about the line up before we kicked off!  Why are we playing one up front at home.. Blah blah. I said, let's see how we play before you moan. 

Perfect by the boss... LJ you tactical genius! :clapping: 

Ha ha, I called it (in the pre-match team thread) that LJ might go JB at LM, and Pato off of Reid.  It’s not what I’d have done, but I did think it was something LJ might.

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Bryan booked and got involved in a bit of argybargy (although not his fault) on the touchline. Good call to sub him, seeing as he's been injured too.

More bringing Djuric on. Still won so not a problem.

Was interested to hear about him playing in a game himself on Fridays - seems there is a great vibe around the Gate.

Also liked the fact he lost and gave himself 4/10 "and that's probably bring generous"!

He's genuine and likeable, and seems to be getting it mostly right these season - so here's to LJ :clapping:

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

He also tapped his hip, as though he felt it a little. Right move what ever.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Got to say Joey didn't back down despite the size of the guy - only the fans and his common sense made him back off from going back again. 

Fair play to him, shows his passion - I'm much closer to that guy's height than Joey and I'd have been sent flying :laugh: 

7 hours ago, Cider Queen said:

Made me laugh it was typical Bristol City fans tonight moaning about the line up before we kicked off!  Why are we playing one up front at home.. Blah blah. I said, let's see how we play before you moan. 

Perfect by the boss... LJ you tactical genius! :clapping: 

Yep always the same clueless posters having a pop at the line up even before a ball is kicked.

i honestly believe that their are some people on here who are only happy when we lose so they can jump back on otib and criticise Johnson.

LJ and the team have made it verry well so far. It take time to build a team, did not wont to sack him last season, the history shows that  is not the way to go.. The Clubs that were relegated they all sacked their managers. The club and LJ had, have plan for going forward, they stick to it, and slowly the results are coming. We can take points by luck, playing well and not playing well, that shows how far we come. Our team works as a unit, misstakes are done but in the whole it doesnt matter so mutch when we work in a gameplan most of the times. Last season we had 27 points after 20 games, this season is better. The game yesterday was fantastic, the tactic was perfect. We should remember many of our players are injuried, still we fight in top six. Think Holden and Macca works well with LJ. Macca, defender, and knows that area. The team is starting to build with the back four. Leeds, Burton , Millwall, Preston game not good but thats 4 of 20 games. Brentford away, how we could take a point there, he he. Always believe, COYR!!!

9 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Brilliant tactical stuff tonight from Lee playing 5 across middle and Reid up top. worked a treat. Boro didnt have a clue what was happening. They thought they were playing at home !

Exactly! Boro were looking for "dangerous" players to mark but couldn't find them........only little blokes including one, Bobby, who looks right for the youth team. Then a little bloke pops up, unmarked, to score with a header. Then a gert lump of a CH appears at right wing to put over a perfect cross for another little bloke. Love our "invisible" players!

9 hours ago, Super said:

There's a solid reason for the Bryan substitution.

He was on a yellow and the ref had told LJ that one more misdemeanour and he would be off so that's why LJ took him off. Sensible management that.

Fair play to LJ. 

I remained sceptical after last season but I’m starting to believe. Not necessarily for a promotion push (not yet at least) but that we can comfortably compete. 

In reference to the starting line up, I’d not challenged his false 9 formation as I did very wrongly at Fulham. 

The substitutions were sensible.   

The last 10 minutes also not as nervy these days with Wright, Baker and Flint back there. Much more resilient. 

Really enjoyed the game. Very fluid moving forward and disciplined out of possession. Well done LJ. 

With the right couple of players brought in during the window whilst keeping hold of our own, you never know at the moment. 

Archived