IGNORED

If Tammy Abraham was here this season.....

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Just a speculative post really, but I was thinking, watching today’s performance, which was a great effort with some fantastic build up play, how much difference would a top quality striker make, I think today’s game could have seen us score 3 more if the finishing/awareness in the box matched the build up.

If this had been Tammy’s season here, instead of last, I imagine he would have nearer 40 goals.

I wasnt convinced  pre-season when bobby was  being prepped as our main striker, but so far WOW, his passing/movement/skill this season has been sublime at times, tonight another great performance and what an engine that lad has, i would love to see the stats on how far he runs per game, if he and the team keep that up and we are prem bound. I dont miss Tammy.

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Just a speculative post really, but I was thinking, watching today’s performance, which was a great effort with some fantastic build up play, how much difference would a top quality striker make, I think today’s game could have seen us score 3 more if the finishing/awareness in the box matched the build up.

If this had been Tammy’s season here, instead of last, I imagine he would have nearer 40 goals.

I bet he wishes he was here as well,being in a side that are doomed can't be doing him no good and living in Swansea is enough to turn anybody onto the booze,skunk and crack

Really is impossible to say. He would have scored others have missed and he would have got in better positions however he’d be the main man, the one we’d “rely” on where as this season everyone is equal. Another striker would be nice at the moment as Djuric, Woodrow and Taylor won’t get us many but goals are coming from all over, I love Tammy but we don’t need him! Maybe if we get promoted we could ask and I think he’d happily come here again but as for now, we’re doing just fine without him. 

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Tammy...?

Tammy Win-not  .. stand by!    :hug:

He (& we) would've been loving this season if he'd been on loan here again .. Chelsea don't know what their doin' . he still wouldn't 'be ours' though.

But if we do happen to go up we'd be all the weaker for it if we had him now but not later in a Prem campaign-the experience our lads are getting is invaluable for us and their future ... and perm signings/recruitment in Jan will likely be easier (albeit expensive) than probably ever before due to our current attractiveness league position, prospects and infrastructure wise  as available players see the potential here... we're fast becoming less of a footballing 'backwater' as each week passes.. 

C O Y R's ... 

I think Tammy would have improved us no doubt but he would probably have to rotate with Diedhiou as I agree Bobby is so important pressing from the front. 

If we did manage to go up though, I would not be surprised if we went to buy Tammy. Think we may look at a few like him who aren’t playing for their parent clubs. Same with Leko who I think people here forget how young he actually is and how good we are at developing players. 

Archived