IGNORED

Djuric - Groin Op

WRERE

We most definitely need Famara back and another target man in Jan.

CW can go - he doesn't play that way - simply not strong enough.

We need another Matt Smith type,( but better) - Djuric needs the time to get 100% fully fit - he will be one hell of a championship player at worst when fully fit.

I haven't got a clue about where to suggest one outside of the Prem - (and any second string forward will be on huge money) so the logical choice would be to actually ask Milan about who he rates in Eastern Europe.

The man knows how we play and so surely could recommend a short term loanee?

I'd be looking in the Polish or Hungarian leagues etc - big tough old fashioned target man to cover us off the bench until MD is fully fit.

Fair play to the big fella, but it was obvious within 2-3 minutes he was just not physically capable of playing at 100% - a jab only takes the edge off an injury, the effects are still there.

What he actually did in the last 20 mins was quite remarkable considering both groins are either healing or breaking down!

The attitude of this squad to soldier on for the team is amazing.

Been trying to think who we could look at in January , ideally a loan

Not knowing the European Market or the Prem U23 market I came up with vague thoughts about

The French Lad who went to Bournemouth that we were allegedly after ?

Bit of a punt , but better than League One - Danny Graham ? (Would have to be a purchase but affordable)

How about Shane Long ? Been there and done it , without a goal in something like 12 months and despite his CV a bit of a punt , but if we could get him playing and scoring would be a great  signing IMHO

Wouldn't have wanted him when he went to Ipswich , but Waghorn looks as if he'd be ideal for us

Ruled out plenty for various reasons 

Any good & realistic suggestions out here ?

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not knowing the European Market or the Prem U23 market I came up with vague thoughts about

Bit of a punt , but better than League One - Danny Graham ? (Would have to be a purchase but affordable)

How about Shane Long ? Been there and done it , without a goal in something like 12 months and despite his CV a bit of a punt , but if we could get him playing and scoring would be a great  signing IMHO

Wouldn't have wanted him when he went to Ipswich , but Waghorn looks as if he'd be ideal for us

Said on another thread Cameron Jerome from Norwich. I think we need one or two who have been there and done it. 

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Said on another thread Cameron Jerome from Norwich. I think we need one or two who have been there and done it. 

Good shout that - would help stretch sides too and give us something a bit different

Another slight punt in Adenola style would be to make a cheeky bid to Brentford for Donaldson ,  albeit a short term buy 

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Poor old Milan, he's having a dreadful time of it.  Another groin op will keep him out for a while and be very frustrating for him.  Hope he lasts til the end of the season, but his health must come first irrespective of his value to the team.

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not surprisingly he looked nowhere near fit last night. It's the frst time he has just looked like a lump to aim at. I wonder if he can train because I thought he looked overweight. Poor bloke.

I had similar groin problems, did one side, and ended up doing the other side.  It’s one of those things where you can play for a bit and each week a bit less.  I eventually had both sides done together.  Was back playing in 8 weeks (skiing after 6 weeks).

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Probably unrealistic but Sam Vokes? Now behind Chris Wood at Burnley & probably not quite good enough for the Prem.

I'd make a top striker our only January priority, Wright is good enough at RB, O'Neil may come back to cover Smith, Brownhill & Pack in midfield but none of Taylor, Woodrow or Engvall are good enough up front..

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good shout that - would help stretch sides too and give us something a bit different

Another slight punt in Adenola style would be to make a cheeky bid to Brentford for Donaldson ,  albeit a short term buy 

Donaldson? He is at Sheff U I believe. Benik Afobe in a dream world but I can't see us spending big money on a striker. I expect the big money will be a centre mid with a loan for a striker and right back. 

14 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Donaldson? He is at Sheff U I believe. Benik Afobe in a dream world but I can't see us spending big money on a striker. I expect the big money will be a centre mid with a loan for a striker and right back. 

Sorry , you right about Donaldson at Sheff U - they wouldn't sell to us

Afobe another great shout , if we are serious about going for top two he's the sort of one we should target , even if we fall short

Wages the issue as always , and I'd actually like us to spend our budget on securing Flint, Joe, Bobby and Josh , if push came to shove

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably unrealistic but Sam Vokes? Now behind Chris Wood at Burnley & probably not quite good enough for the Prem.

I'd make a top striker our only January priority, Wright is good enough at RB, O'Neil may come back to cover Smith, Brownhill & Pack in midfield but none of Taylor, Woodrow or Engvall are good enough up front..

Don't shout Graham  we'd get him nor would , nor he come IMHO

But you reminded me of someone that you've ? Championed / suggested before , that I thought of last night

How about Ashley Barnes ?

Baldock on loan if we had limited options ?

Think we need to be careful with some of the names mentioned here...not sure personally I like the idea of again going down the route of players who’ve been knocking around the championship not exactly setting it alight. 

Come Jan, James Wilson will probably get a loan and depending what Arsenal do in the market, perhaps we could pursuade them to let us have Eddie Nkethiah for a few months?

Archived