IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I get it I’ll pay it no problem, my point is if that’s “illegal parking “ what are the club , residents , police , council going to do about all the double parking ? Bugger all. It’s a joke my point is more aimed at the club taking some responsibility for there fans parking and take some action rather than milking the tit when we’re in the gate , then again this is city 0% focus on fans and anything not related to making more money for bs .....

Not sure how to enforce the fining of double parking. How does a copper know who was parked first?

The club won't help and nor should they you and only you make the choice of where you park your car.

Do I have sympathy? yes to the extent it looks like others should of got tickets not only you.. take that up with the council not the club.

I'd imagine a fair few of us have got tickets in the past, I know I have. Suck it up pay the fine and move one and treat it as a lesson learned.

Got to say I have little sympathy with people parking close to junctions and more tickets should be handed out, not just on match days but every day on every junction, the amount of accidents caused due to people having to edge out because they can't see, and the wide arc that takes the car into oncoming traffic shouldn't happen if people parked sensibly.

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I get it I’ll pay it no problem, my point is if that’s “illegal parking “ what are the club , residents , police , council going to do about all the double parking ? Bugger all. It’s a joke my point is more aimed at the club taking some responsibility for there fans parking and take some action rather than milking the tit when we’re in the gate , then again this is city 0% focus on fans and anything not related to making more money for bs .....

Take responsibility for your own actions. Do not blame everyone else.

If you crash your car on the way to the match is it the club's fault? If someonec hits your illegally parked car is it the club's fault?

Is anything that bad happens to you while you are making your journey to or from the ground the club's fault?

If the answer to any of these is yes then you are a very optimistic fellow if you think anyone is going to listen to your complaints.

17 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

A least your car was still there!

A few years ago mine was “removed” and placed in the compound. I had parked opposite the Rising Sun and was the one selected from the row parked there leaving, shall I say, “older” cars either side!

27 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

What are you dribbling on about? 

We have local officers on duty at every game both city and rovers play. each time home games occur we have numerous complaints from residents , emergency services and bus companies regarding poor and unlawful parking in and around the stadium.

warmings have been previously placed in the city programme and Avon and Somerset police tweet prematch regarding advice to park legally. I also give monthly updatesat the supporters meeting regarding the situation 

i will speak to the local police on Tuesday to ascertain how many tickets were issued yesterday but previous games this season have resulted in  at least 12 tickets each game. I can only guess that either the officers ran out of tickets to do the other cars or perhaps the owners had returned and already taken them off the windscreen?

all agencies including the club, the police and the council are continuing to try and ensure the parking situation improves , whilst also looking at other transport options for fans, whilst keeping in mind local residents . As you can imagine it is not a quick solution.

50 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

It is nothing to do with the club, you have parked on a public road, not Bristol City FC property!!

It seems like you would be happy / accept the ticket if everyone else around you that had parked Illegally had been ticketed, which seems very strange! You did wrong & got caught, it happens, it may of happened before where you have done wrong & someone else has been done & not you, it’s the way life is sometimes, it’s not right & it’s not correct but it happens.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to gain from continually going on about it, the situation has been pointed out to you & you now seemingly accept that you were in the wrong so what are you possibly expecting the club, police or council to do for you?

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

If you want a parking space you need to be there early which, probably, means during daylight!

The point was that he took the photo in daylight so was he expecting the ticket when he returned to his car in the dark?

8 minutes ago, JulieH said:

warmings have been previously placed in the city programme and Avon and Somerset police tweet prematch regarding advice to park legally.

Rather than communicate reminders via media that many don't bother with why not do the sensible thing and mark the road where there are known issues. It would be duplicitous to suggest that the 32ft law is regularly enforced and whilst in this case the driver is far too close to the corner and thus was rightly ticketed, a car and a half's length from the corner is pretty much universally acceptable everywhere (though technically illegal.)

I drove down very early for the Cardiff match and was parking up just as the cone guys were marking out. My car was probably 16ft from the corner. When asked if I should move it for fear of being towed they not only said it would be fine where it was (he placed a cone against my front bumper) but also revealed there was no chance of being towed as there wasn't a crew working on Saturdays, emergency vehicle access issues only apparently.) He stated if  they towed all cars within 32ft they wouldn't have a compound large enough to hold them.

I don't live in Bristol but if I did I'd give the councillors hell as your transport infrastructure is sub Third World. City should also lobby as it's never been the quality of football or 250 mile round journey that puts me off attending, it's always the fact there's nowhere to park - night games in particular I'm thinking  giving up.

28 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We have local officers on duty at every game both city and rovers play. each time home games occur we have numerous complaints from residents , emergency services and bus companies regarding poor and unlawful parking in and around the stadium.

warmings have been previously placed in the city programme and Avon and Somerset police tweet prematch regarding advice to park legally. I also give monthly updatesat the supporters meeting regarding the situation 

i will speak to the local police on Tuesday to ascertain how many tickets were issued yesterday but previous games this season have resulted in  at least 12 tickets each game. I can only guess that either the officers ran out of tickets to do the other cars or perhaps the owners had returned and already taken them off the windscreen?

all agencies including the club, the police and the council are continuing to try and ensure the parking situation improves , whilst also looking at other transport options for fans, whilst keeping in mind local residents . As you can imagine it is not a quick solution.

Julie, appreciate the comprehensive reply, but I’d have to disagree with regard to the council helping! There were, and remain, many roads where safe parking has been stopped and in fact making roads faster and more dangerous to pedestrians. 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Mate...youve parked on a junction and anyone wanting to turn left will have to go out into the middle of the road and not be able to completely see whats coming

You're illegally parked end of. Club won't do a thing, they didn't park your car there.

Learn from your mistake. Parking is, and has always been crap around the ground. Even more so when people park on top of a junction :blink:

Speak to the council about it (good luck with that by the way), but you took a chance and got caught.

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

You have a good camera to show it all in daylight? Or were you expecting a ticket and took the picture before going to the game? :whistle:

Ooooh. You’re good. I always appreciate a good spot and that’s a goodun. Well done sir. 

On the issue of a ticket, your car parked there severely impedes the view of drivers pulling out of that junction. It’s simply dangerous. I’m not saying we all haven’t abandoned our cars at one point or another, but you earned that. 

To use a football phrase;

”you gave the officer a decision to make!”

What the Club, the Police and the Council could do if they genuinely wanted to improve safety,  relations with the natives and attendances,  is to get the LA P&R open and then implement a residents parking strategy in the areas around AG on matchdays. 

Nah, easier for them to issue tickets.... and then repeat every match ... which, as Julie confirms, appears the official line. So Police/Council, you're not changing behaviour given the steady number of tickets issued per match, so what's your strategy moving forwards? 

Just amazed that SAG think it's more important to fight putting drink shelves up in our concourses than address real safety issues like dangerous parking. Seem a bunch of jobsworths frankly. Wonder if they had to fight to find a parking space in the local streets or pay exhoribitant parking fees from private landowners in the area for their meetings how long it would take for something positive to happen? 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Should cover the A&S police xmas party.

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

What the Club, the Police and the Council could do if they genuinely wanted to improve safety,  relations with the natives and attendances,  is to get the LA P&R open and then implement a residents parking strategy in the areas around AG on matchdays. 

How do you propose the club makes the opening of the P&R happen? They can't. They can argue for it but it requires council to both support and deliver it.

29 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Nah, easier for them to issue tickets.... and then repeat every match ... which, as Julie confirms, appears the official line. So Police/Council, you're not changing behaviour given the steady number of tickets issued per match, so what's your strategy moving forwards? 

Just amazed that SAG think it's more important to fight putting drink shelves up in our concourses than address real safety issues like dangerous parking. Seem a bunch of jobsworths frankly. Wonder if they had to fight to find a parking space in the local streets or pay exhoribitant parking fees from private landowners in the area for their meetings how long it would take for something positive to happen? 

As clearly stated we are all working on a strategy moving forward with lots of options bring discussed.

the local police respond to local concerns reported during monthly residents meeting with this a concern for residents that continues to be rAised..

i am not sure what else we can do before tickets issued? We have tweeted to park legally, the club have also heavily reported and asked for legal parking also.

i am sure that there will be some form of solution to the parking but until that is reached then all we can do is urge people to park lawfully.

51 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

How do you propose the club makes the opening of the P&R happen? They can't. They can argue for it but it requires council to both support and deliver it.

Yes, that's why I said the Club, Council and Police.

Nice to see though, that the Council -  after 20 years - have woken up to the fact they have a stake in the facility. Was the rumour they had a contract and were paying £millions to a company to run it that nobody had any idea existed?

I think if I was in the public sector -whether the Police or Council - I might now be making a really extra special effort, given the history of public sector mismanagement of the site and years of parking issues in the locality, to do something fairly sharpish to open it for sports events and gain an element of credibility back. 

It is Bristol though, so expect another 20 years before they start a feasibility study,  then another 20 years for SAG to decide they need a fully lit pedestrian/cycleway and numerous road crossing bridges and signals to link the facility to AG before it can be opened, then another 50 years to find the funding.

Wow, one wonders how the likes of Exeter get a new stadium, up, running and fully functioning with off-site parking in a fraction of the time that it gets Bristol to wake up to the fact they actually own a massive car park near a major sporting venue!

Sure Julie will now come on and say it will be open from January next year for our use, in which case well done that lady and I take it all back.

53 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Quite, I’ve never heard of this 10m rule!! Do the police carry a tape measure with them then?

It's been around a while. 10 metres or 32 feet from s junction unless it is a designated parking spot is how I remember it.

Pleading ignorance to it doesn't make the fine go away it's very clear in our highways rule book!

Councils should really paint white lines around the corner to make it obvious.. but if your not 100% sure then don't park there or carry a tape measure :)

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lots of patronising do gooders on this thread

If by dogooding you mean i like to be able to see when coming out of a junction and I don't care if people get fined for parking to close to a junction... then yeah give me that dogooder crown I'll wear it all day.

Looking at the photo, the cones have clearly been removed from the roadside opposite and placed on the pavement and one car for sure is parked illegally.

Where your car is parked, I would think cones have also been removed.  The only person would would be likely to remove traffic cones for any reason is the person who would want to park there.

Even if there were no cones in place, most educated drivers know the law about parking near corners and junction. You took a chance, hence the pre-arranged photographic evidence, and got caught out.

My advice is to pay the fine and park legally from now on.

A Mercedes pulled up to where the yellow cones were placed by the police and moved the cones onto the pavement and parked up. I informed him that the community officer is doing the rounds dishing out tickets to which I was told “don’t give a F&ck mate” ha ha!! Walked past after the game and there was a ticket!! 

21 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

A Mercedes pulled up to where the yellow cones were placed by the police and moved the cones onto the pavement and parked up. I informed him that the community officer is doing the rounds dishing out tickets to which I was told “don’t give a F&ck mate” ha ha!! Walked past after the game and there was a ticket!! 

I`ve warned people in the past - some have heeded it, some not and without fail they have been ticketed. I`ve even seen them looking in disbelief before the anger kicks in when walking back to my (legally parked) car. I`d love to say something to them but probably best not to!

Archived