IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

I’m not a kid some of you love the patrionising responses , it’s fine I’ll pay, my point is , the police don’t do their job properly so therefor are abusing their powers , and I want the club to do something about the parking it’s  ridiculous picking 12 cars to ticket a game solves nothing it’s about time Julie or anyone else associated to city wake up and actually do something about it the club want more fans more money but don’t want to invest in any parking utterly clueless ..

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I’m not a kid some of you love the patrionising responses , it’s fine I’ll pay, my point is , the police don’t do their job properly so therefor are abusing their powers , and I want the club to do something about the parking it’s  ridiculous picking 12 cars to ticket a game solves nothing it’s about time Julie or anyone else associated to city wake up and actually do something about it the club want more fans more money but don’t want to invest in any parking utterly clueless ..

I'm not sure what the club are able to do.

They have a limited amount of space so can't offer any additional spaces themselves, they have worked with A Bus to get a pre and post match service in place and they appeal as much as possible that people use public transport.

The LA P&R has been discussed before, but the club wanting it open doesn't mean that it will open.

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

The irony

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

What do you want the club to do? Build a car park? 

There are car parks within walking distance of the ground, have you used them?

Where do you propose they build a car park in a residential area?

A solution possibly a temporary car park at the AV site.. but I expect residents will put up an objections so they can continue to play cricket and picnic on the site. So where and what else (if that is a no go) could the club arrange parking?

13 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Still can’t work out your story. When did you find out you had got a ticket? 

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Yes, that's why I said the Club, Council and Police.

Nice to see though, that the Council -  after 20 years - have woken up to the fact they have a stake in the facility. Was the rumour they had a contract and were paying £millions to a company to run it that nobody had any idea existed?

I think if I was in the public sector -whether the Police or Council - I might now be making a really extra special effort, given the history of public sector mismanagement of the site and years of parking issues in the locality, to do something fairly sharpish to open it for sports events and gain an element of credibility back. 

It is Bristol though, so expect another 20 years before they start a feasibility study,  then another 20 years for SAG to decide they need a fully lit pedestrian/cycleway and numerous road crossing bridges and signals to link the facility to AG before it can be opened, then another 50 years to find the funding.

Wow, one wonders how the likes of Exeter get a new stadium, up, running and fully functioning with off-site parking in a fraction of the time that it gets Bristol to wake up to the fact they actually own a massive car park near a major sporting venue!

Sure Julie will now come on and say it will be open from January next year for our use, in which case well done that lady and I take it all back.

No chance of me saying that I suspect! 

I took pics before and after calm down , I know the 10 mtr made up law and I know the no double parking law my point is Enforce them properly and sort out the parking . I posted on here to highlight that the club do not care for the fans and turn away in ignorance, I want the club to take ownership of the parking problems and do something !! Also I wanted to highlight that the police just do as they please not by the letter of the law equally ridiculous.

How is it a made up 10 metre rule it’s been around for years. 

What do you want the club to do? It’s the council that won’t open the park and ride, the club have asked them to multiple times.

im failing to see how you parking illegally is the fault of anyone else, except you?

you say about the police do as they please, how are they meant to catch everyone doing anything illegally, there purely isn’t enough of them due to government cutbacks.

People in his country get away with murder etc, on the grand scheme of things people getting off parking illegally isn’t massive on their scale I expect.

Your just sounding bitter that you did something illegal, got caught and crying that others have got away with it.

in other words, man up, accept your in the wrong and move on. 

13 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Please respond with any suggestions to the parking problems instead of stupid remarks about the car etc etc etc 

But you’re the one that has the issue (on this occasion), so it’s you that needs to come up with a solution (use public transport, use proper car parks etc).

You have blamed everyone else for your ticket but the truth of the matter is that you broke the law & got caught! It’s a well known, long ongoing problem so it’s not like you’ve only just known about this problem yet still it’s the football clubs, councils & police’s fault & you expect them to solve the problem now you’ve been caught! This has been an ongoing problem for decades!!

The club tried building a new stadium which would of likely had some extra parking but that was turned down! They can’t just magic up land to turn into car parking, it’s simply not feasible!! The park & ride would be a help to the solution but that’s not down to the football club.

Apart from paying your fine & giving you a parking space, what are you expecting the football club to do? Everyone wants something for nothing & unfortunately those days are becoming far too few & far between.

36 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I took pics before and after calm down , I know the 10 mtr made up law and I know the no double parking law my point is Enforce them properly and sort out the parking . I posted on here to highlight that the club do not care for the fans and turn away in ignorance, I want the club to take ownership of the parking problems and do something !! Also I wanted to highlight that the police just do as they please not by the letter of the law equally ridiculous.

Why should the club take ownership?

Signalling problems in Swindon? Might be late to the game. Blame the club.

Fog up the airport, diverted to Cardiff. Blame the club.

The club discourage people from driving and encourage them to use public transport. At the same time they are trying to be good neighbours to locals, especially now we have rugby and football in BS3.

Suggest your best option if public transport isn't available to you, is to use somewhere like JustPark and pre book a space.

56 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Please respond with any suggestions to the parking problems instead of stupid remarks about the car etc etc etc 

40 years I've been driving to Ashton Gate and been parking in roads around the stadium.  Never had a problem or a ticket, even when arriving late. Thousands of others have managed to do it too.

Not once have I felt the need to photograph the position of my car prior to the game. The reason being, I knew I was parked legally.

You chose to park illegally and you chose to take a gamble with regards to getting a ticket. You played your game and you lost.

I'm guessing you'll be parking legally from now on.

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

As clearly stated we are all working on a strategy moving forward with lots of options bring discussed.

the local police respond to local concerns reported during monthly residents meeting with this a concern for residents that continues to be rAised..

i am not sure what else we can do before tickets issued? We have tweeted to park legally, the club have also heavily reported and asked for legal parking also.

i am sure that there will be some form of solution to the parking but until that is reached then all we can do is urge people to park lawfully.

No sympathy for local residents, they choose to live near a football stadium that was there for many more years than they were then they should be prepared to put up with the 3 hour inconvenience every couple of weeks, I find it strange that the only time you hear of police on the streets is when they are sneakily issuing tickets on peoples cars at football matches, god help any of you if you are a victim of a “proper” crime as the chances are the A&S constabulary will be nowhere to be seen

Got to love OTIB.  One of the most exciting times in our recent history, and people still find the most outrageous reasons to have a pop at the club.  Someone parked illegally, seemed to know it was a risk (hence the photo?), gets a ticket, and somehow this demonstrates that "the club do not care for the fans".

I take my hat off to the OP.  Even by the standards of OTIB, he's shown remarkable imagination to reach this conclusion.

4 minutes ago, red panda said:

Got to love OTIB.  One of the most exciting times in our recent history, and people still find the most outrageous reasons to have a pop at the club.  Someone parked illegally, seemed to know it was a risk (hence the photo?), gets a ticket, and somehow this demonstrates that "the club do not care for the fans".

I take my hat off to the OP.  Even by the standards of OTIB, he's shown remarkable imagination to reach this conclusion.

Couldn't have put it better.

And I am one who has regularly had a pop at the club!

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

I'm with you bengal. 

Might not of parked that close to a junction but, if I had a tape measure, pretty sure I've parked on numerous occasions within 30 foot of one. 

What I would say is 'well done' the Club, Police and Council for sorting out the long-distant park and ride - although why the Portway bus started (does it still?) - in Winterstoke Road adding to/and getting caught up in the congestion when it could easily start from the layby near the allotments over Bower Ashton is beyond me. 

'Epic fail' for public transport linkages to Temple Meads - mindful of train departure times to the south west, a 'beyond belief' ' for the LA Park and Ride/Walk fiasco and the absence of a  Metrobus linkage to Temple Meads from AG qualifies as a 'just farcical'. Suppose there's also the Portishead line that could be the transport planner saviour. But no, that'll be a non starter for us as well. 

So for you transport planners and although those charged with responsibility for getting us to AG easily, safely, cheaply, greenly, and avoiding chaos to the natives, a meagre 2/10 for effort from me. The solutions are there right in front of your faces but a severe case of analysis paralysis and, seeming, lack of will to deliver. 

So you took pictures before the game because you knew you were parked illegally but you opened up this thread by saying you were parked “completely legally”.

You then request the police enforce the rules properly but when they do in your case, you complain about it.

Then, rather than take responsibility for your actions you then want the club to “take ownership of the parking problems” - without offering a single suggestion as to what that might be.

The police cannot possibly give a ticket to every single parking offender if that’s what you mean “by the letter of the law” - but they are well within their rights to book an offender if they choose to. The offender takes that chance.

And after all that you wonder why people aren’t sympathetic.

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Do you always take a picture of your car when you’ve parked up or only when you’ve parked illegally? 

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I will pay you the fine and accept the made up occasionally enforced 10 mtr law ... my main point is the club bang on about more fans selling,  half season tickets what are the club doing for us fans to park safely and legally ? 

They'll do exactly the same as any other entertainment venue and supply as much car parking as possible. Outside of that, they have no responsibilities for anyone not capable of parking legally.

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I will pay you the fine and accept the made up occasionally enforced 10 mtr law ... my main point is the club bang on about more fans selling,  half season tickets what are the club doing for us fans to park safely and legally ? 

Maybe the club should have a page on their site suggesting public transport alternatives and advising not to park in the local area. 

Something like this:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/travel-parking/

You are missing the point it not up to the club where you park.

eighteen thousands other fans found parking

Archived