IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Now I can see why some fellow reds don’t bother with otib yes I can park elsewhere read the Highway Code buy a different car blah blah blah , but I’m asking why don’t the club do something about the parking  for their fans who pour money into the club ? 

What do you want them to do? Concrete over Greville Smyth Park? They’ve provided info regarding alternate modes of transport. There is car parking available around the ground. The ground is in a built up area. It’s not like there is masses of wide open spaces for cars to park in their natural habitat 

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Now I can see why some fellow reds don’t bother with otib yes I can park elsewhere read the Highway Code buy a different car blah blah blah , but I’m asking why don’t the club do something about the parking  for their fans who pour money into the club ? 

They have set up a partnership with first bus so you haven’t got to park by the ground.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-continue-first-bus-partnership/

What the hell do you expect? Valet parking?

Absolute clown....

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

you chose to make it about you by taking pictures and posting them here.

Instead of ranting, where are your ideas about what be can done?   I see nothing other than a feel sorry for me rant, blaming everyone  else but you for your parking ticket and lack of parking in a housing estate, where shock horror, people live and park their cars as well!

And now you are having a dig at the forum for your own failings, grow up, send a letter to the club with your ideas for parking, they clearly have setup some partnerships and give advice on the web site, maybe read it, or walk a little bit further and part your car in a better position in future.

22 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I seriously can't believe you are still persisting with your point when many people have tried to get you to understand that it is not the club's responsibility.

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

And you’ve had an issue with parking for how long? Since Saturday when you got a ticket for parking illegally?

If I went shopping to let’s say the Apple Store & I got a parking ticket in the process, should I then be complaining to Apple & expecting them to do something about my parking ticket? Of course not, you weren’t forced to park there, from your picture you were there in plenty of time to be able to drive around & find a legal parking space but still chose to park illegally & then you continue to blame everyone apart from yourself!!

I really don’t know what you’re expecting, surely the fact that the majority of people understand the parking issues but manage to deal with them without too much of an issue should tell you that you’re the one with the issue! 

I’m trusting that this wasn’t your first visit to Ashton Gate & that you knew of the decades of parking problems that have been an issue but now because you’ve been caught parking illegally it’s suddenly a real problem & everyone should do something to help you!!

No one forced you to park illegally, you chose to, thousands upon thousands of people have attended Ashton Gate over the years & I can honestly say that since this forum has been up & running & since I have been a member (circa 1999), I have never seen anyone complaining & expecting the football club, council or police to do something about them parking illegally!! I would seriously suggest that it is you that has the problem but you carry on & blame everyone else for your mistake!!

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I still can’t get my head around why someone would take a picture of their parked car before getting a ticket. 

There’s no logical explanation for this weird behaviour unless there was no ticket issued, almost like it’s all made up for some cheap likes...

It's like creating an alibi before committing the crime.

Sorry, not much sympathy (notice the trend here?). I’ve been parking off Duckmoor Road (legally) for decades and amazed how many cars recently are parked right on the junctions, making it extremely difficult to negotiate those junctions. It must be a nightmare for the residents. 

I’ve been expecting a crackdown for some time, and if they’re doing it, that’s a good thing. Like you, I hope they now book all the offenders. A bit of advice - get there earlier. For  a 3pm kick off  I arrive around 1.30.

I’m intrigued how you think BCFC and the Police can magic up a solution for you.

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I was there at 4 on sat , I just want city to take it upon themselves to do something about the parking , cant believe before the council granted the rebuild city must have showed some plans of how they will help with the added cars ? 

Then, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, you might have had a warmer response from others if you’d started a thread about exactly that (for what it’s worth I agree with you on your comment above) rather than initially complaining that you’d got a parking ticket. 

40 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I was there at 4 on sat , I just want city to take it upon themselves to do something about the parking , cant believe before the council granted the rebuild city must have showed some plans of how they will help with the added cars ? 

Where do you usually park?

To be fair I’ve seen cars parked on the curve of the corner many times too, probably causing as much of an obstruction as the OP car and wondered how they don’t get a ticket. I’ve seen a few tickets issued now and again but it’s a bit hit and miss so I guess people just take the chance. I think it’s wrong though if the illegal parking cars aren’t ticketed and certain ones picked out just because Officers haven’t got enough tickets, surely they are parked legally or not?

It does pee me off though if it’s residents complaining. The same residents who move 3 vehicles out onto the road ( as I witnessed on Saturday) so they can sell they driveway space, they are adding to the problem then profiting by it. Then got the flucking cheek to complain.

i think a good solution when the metro bus is running (ha ha) would be for the club get together with all transport operators and offer free travel with a certain radius to ST holders. Brighton pay a levy on each ticket sold too which includes travel. Yes it will put the price up a little, and not everyone needs travel but they would have to pay anyway as Brighton do. They say it pays for extras like external lighting, toilets etc. Good idea?

10 hours ago, bengalcub said:

With all due respect what should the club do then? Do you not think that if they could build another car park, or offer alternative parking, they would do it?

I can't see what more the club could do at this current time. 

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Just for the posters having a pop I can’t recall seeing anybody jumping their cars after night games because the sidelight “law” has been implemented??? 

Like I said pick and choose move onto next week when other fans get chosen at random ... 

Well again you should be okay not to use your side lights it's a lit 20-30 mph area.. so you won't be doing anything illegal

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Just for the posters having a pop I can’t recall seeing anybody jumping their cars after night games because the sidelight “law” has been implemented??? 

Like I said pick and choose move onto next week when other fans get chosen at random ... 

Just park legally from now on and you'll be fine

(no pun intended, honestly) :whistle:

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

I really can't believe that you are still harping on about this; moreover why I am even reading the thread, let alone now posting on it?

It does occur to me, however, that you posted something recently that was considered 'good/interesting?' and somebody asked you how/why you had a negative 'score' on your posting history.

I understand now.  

5 hours ago, bengalcub said:

ever heard the saying flogging a dead horse?

7 hours ago, bengalcub said:

What you forgot to say is you moved some cones to park there and took a picture of your car with no cones by it to cover your self just in case you got a ticket I see no reason why you would take a picture of your car when you parked it.

or do you take pictures every time you park 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Coombsy I didn’t move them , is it true some residents were given cones ? 

Any cones put out by residents are not enforceable and can be ignored. Some of the locals have rather naughtily started doing this, I’ve mentioned it to @JulieH and she assured me they aren’t supposed to be there. 

See the BEP has picked up on the LA Park & Ride fiasco. 1500 empty space in car park less than a mile from the ground for the visit of Man U. For all the criticism of that paper, good of them to pick up on the story.

As predicted, nice to see 'health and safety'  getting primed and ready to delay things further. Tell you what I've got a strimmer, assuming the tarmac link path is still in place from when I last used the P& R site, I'll strim it for free. 

At least while SAG struggles for 5 years to develop a strategy and action plan to address the issue of an overgrown footpath, we might be able to sneak a couple of drinks shelves up in the concourses. 

Ps with the planning issue, very easy to get around that, you don't need to be the owner to apply. Put an application in now for football parking. PPS.... I stand to be corrected, but while waiting for the permission, if the original consent is just for retail (unless it's location specific),  to allow things to happen right now we could argue we have a  store at AG and a bloody great retail park next door. 

Where there's a will, there's always a way SAG. 

Archived