IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

In the early to mid 90's, me and me mates were late for a match against Swindon. No space in Cruickshank's so we chucked all the cones on Ashton Rd into the park. At the end of the game we came out to find a whole row of cars all with tickets. Mine had 2, one was for the out of date tax. Anyway, I paid me fines and grew up. Didn't bother asking the club to help, as it was me own fault. 

15 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So we know have to guess what cones are correct ? 

Like I said earlier yellow paint it ain’t rocket science.....

Knowing you can’t park within 10m of a junction isn’t rocket science.... cones or no cones it doesn’t matter! 

18 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

See the BEP has picked up on the LA Park & Ride fiasco. 1500 empty space in car park less than a mile from the ground for the visit of Man U. For all the criticism of that paper, good of them to pick up on the story.

As predicted, nice to see 'health and safety'  getting primed and ready to delay things further. Tell you what I've got a strimmer, assuming the tarmac link path is still in place from when I last used the P& R site, I'll strim it for free. 

At least while SAG struggles for 5 years to develop a strategy and action plan to address the issue of an overgrown footpath, we might be able to sneak a couple of drinks shelves up in the concourses. 

Ps with the planning issue, very easy to get around that, you don't need to be the owner to apply. Put an application in now for football parking. PPS.... I stand to be corrected, but while waiting for the permission, if the original consent is just for retail (unless it's location specific),  to allow things to happen right now we could argue we have a  store at AG and a bloody great retail park next door. 

Where there's a will, there's always a way SAG. 

I have posted before, the LA P&R has been used for football parking before, so what's changed? I can't see any reason why it can't be used (other than politics).

parkandride.jpeg

On 03/12/2017 at 14:10, JulieH said:

As clearly stated we are all working on a strategy moving forward with lots of options bring discussed.

the local police respond to local concerns reported during monthly residents meeting with this a concern for residents that continues to be rAised..

i am not sure what else we can do before tickets issued? We have tweeted to park legally, the club have also heavily reported and asked for legal parking also.

i am sure that there will be some form of solution to the parking but until that is reached then all we can do is urge people to park lawfully.

Hi Julie. I was under the impression that parking within 10 metres of a junction was not an offence? But advised against. Could you confirm please? Sorry if this has been answered, I've just found this topic & glimpsed through. COYR 

28 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I often wonder if people would Say what they write face to face ? 

Anyway I appreciate all sensible responses and just hope that our club will be more proactive in finding a solution to the parking nightmare ...

Take your own advice mate and go and speak to the club face to face. No one from BCFC reading this will have any sympathy for you, and neither should they.

9 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Hi Julie. I was under the impression that parking within 10 metres of a junction was not an offence? But advised against. Could you confirm please? Sorry if this has been answered, I've just found this topic & glimpsed through. COYR 

Highway Code Rule 243 - Do Not Park 

• opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

49 minutes ago, Selred said:

Knowing you can’t park within 10m of a junction isn’t rocket science.... cones or no cones it doesn’t matter! 

Let me make this clear, I don’t park that way near Ashton Gste or anywhere else. But, I had a look at the residential roads near me on my walk home today. There were loads of cars parked illegally, and that was before most people had got home from work. Relatively quiet residential roads, narrow and parking is at a premium. There is no ‘attraction’ nearby such as a football ground, cinema, club etc it. Never seen a car ticketed, and they do cause problems driving around these streets but people just manage and get used to reversing a lot and driving with caution. So although I know the Police etc can’t be everywhere it doesn’t seem right you are targeted for being at a football match.

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Highway Code Rule 243 - Do Not Park 

• opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

I'm well aware of this rule in the Highway Code. My question was, is it an offence? There are lots of rules etc in the Highway Code, they are not forcible offences though. I have previously been told by a Police Officer, that this is not a forcible offence unless on yellow lines. So basically just wanted this cleared up. COYR 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Let me make this clear, I don’t park that way near Ashton Gste or anywhere else. But, I had a look at the residential roads near me on my walk home today. There were loads of cars parked illegally, and that was before most people had got home from work. Relatively quiet residential roads, narrow and parking is at a premium. There is no ‘attraction’ nearby such as a football ground, cinema, club etc it. Never seen a car ticketed, and they do cause problems driving around these streets but people just manage and get used to reversing a lot and driving with caution. So although I know the Police etc can’t be everywhere it doesn’t seem right you are targeted for being at a football match.

Did you have to @RedM, now he'll get back on his high horse again!!

All comes back round to taking a chance - sometimes you'll get caught out, and sometimes you won't. If you do get caught out though, you have to pay the price (literally in this case).

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Did you have to @RedM, now he'll get back on his high horse again!!

All comes back round to taking a chance - sometimes you'll get caught out, and sometimes you won't. If you do get caught out though, you have to pay the price (literally in this case).

Think he was in the saddle anyway. Very true what you say, like littering etc, an offence but rarely does anyone get prosecuted so some people just think it’s ok to drop it.

I havent seen anyone mention why we cant use LA Park and Ride, so I'll post this for those who want to know.

The reason LA Park and Ride not an option is because of its Regulations and yeah you guessed it...'effin health and safety reasons from the police.

Quoted from SomersetLive news website: "The car park is still bound by planning regulations which mean it and its park and ride service can only be used to take shoppers and commuters into the city centre – and not a mile down the A370 to Ashton Gate for the football.

Bristol City Council also say it cannot open it up and simply allow people to walk as police have advised them not to, for highway safety reasons."

Pfft! - When I was a kid, my mates mum used it several times, perfectly good pathway - if that concerned why not create a safety barrier between the road and footpath? Oh yes, sorry, the idea is just too complicated for BSC to comprehend with, silly me.

Bristol Post has more/better info here: Clicky!!

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

I often wonder if people would Say what they write face to face ? 

Anyway I appreciate all sensible responses and just hope that our club will be more proactive in finding a solution to the parking nightmare ...

If you don’t want to be mocked, don’t make dozens of posts repeating views that almost EVERYBODY disagrees with.

36 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

- if that concerned why not create a safety barrier between the road and footpath? Oh yes, sorry, the idea is just too complicated for BSC to comprehend with, silly me.

Because there is a lamp post in the middle of the pavement making it impossible to walk along it without stepping into the road - or for disabled people their wheelchair going into the road

15 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Hi guys 

I got caught doing 50 in a 30 as there was traffic before the game Saturday. I blame the club for this, why couldn’t they have delayed it.

who shall I write to and complain?

Complain to us..... we'll make alright for you.

No point in going direct to the club

Do you have any photos of you to back up your claim of illegal speeding to prove your point?

23 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Hi guys 

I got caught doing 50 in a 30 as there was traffic before the game Saturday. I blame the club for this, why couldn’t they have delayed it.

who shall I write to and complain?

Just claim there was an illegally parked silver Renault people carrier so you couldn’t see the 30 sign.  Might be some photos on the internet somewhere to back up your claim... :thumbsup:

Archived