IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

12 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Hi Julie. I was under the impression that parking within 10 metres of a junction was not an offence? But advised against. Could you confirm please? Sorry if this has been answered, I've just found this topic & glimpsed through. COYR 

Yes it is an offence, hence the issuing of tickets. 

I can find the act and section later, but it can be found in the Highway Code .

On 12/3/2017 at 09:23, bengalcub said:

So parking around Ashton Gate . After parking completely legally I have returned to my car to a police ticket ? I have taken photos to prove my innocence but was wondering will the club help in any way as I can’t be alone in the fact the police have no idea  ? After all your not allowed to double park but it happens on every road 09ABEEED-8264-4E92-B8C6-41071934DEF0.thumb.jpeg.87f4546d8cd73366dcdcfd5429c195c1.jpeg

you've parked illegally, you are too close to the junction, the nearest you can park to a jn is 32ft

On 12/3/2017 at 15:52, bengalcub said:

I’m not a kid some of you love the patrionising responses , it’s fine I’ll pay, my point is , the police don’t do their job properly so therefor are abusing their powers , and I want the club to do something about the parking it’s  ridiculous picking 12 cars to ticket a game solves nothing it’s about time Julie or anyone else associated to city wake up and actually do something about it the club want more fans more money but don’t want to invest in any parking utterly clueless ..

what the **** has it got to do with the club?, they have a car park which they police, after that it's nothing to do with them, do you want the club to change you pants as well?

On 04/12/2017 at 07:47, bengalcub said:

I was there at 4 on sat , I just want city to take it upon themselves to do something about the parking , cant believe before the council granted the rebuild city must have showed some plans of how they will help with the added cars ? 

Not quite - the council's obvious inclination was to try & ensure that FEWER cars would be driven to the area. Hence BS having the dedicated AG buses on matchdays for City & Bristol, increased cycling provision and the P&R schemes in place at Briz & Portway.

In actual fact should AG host crowds >25k for any 3 games out of 5 then BS are obliged, by virtue of a planning condition, to provide a matchday parking scheme for residents in the streets in the  immediate vicinity of AG - so in actual fact there will be LESS parking on a matchday. 

Illegal parking such as your's only serves to provide bad press for the club, antagonise local residents and provide some easy revenue for the Police/Council.

41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Not quite - the council's obvious inclination was to try & ensure that FEWER cars would be driven to the area. Hence BS having the dedicated AG buses on matchdays for City & Bristol, increased cycling provision and the P&R schemes in place at Briz & Portway.

In actual fact should AG host crowds >25k for any 3 games out of 5 then BS are obliged, by virtue of a planning condition, to provide a matchday parking scheme for residents in the streets in the  immediate vicinity of AG - so in actual fact there will be LESS parking on a matchday. 

Illegal parking such as your's only serves to provide bad press for the club, antagonise local residents and provide some easy revenue for the Police/Council.

Cyber, have a like for correct use of fewer and less! Top of the class!!

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

you've parked illegally, you are too close to the junction, the nearest you can park to a jn is 32ft

32 feet seems an awful lot, just looking out my window now and there are 2 cars that should have tickets or is it only on Saturdays around AG that this applies?

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

32 feet seems an awful lot, just looking out my window now and there are 2 cars that should have tickets or is it only on Saturdays around AG that this applies?

thats the law 10m or 32ft, unless there is a designated parking space rule 243 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252 

9 hours ago, harrys said:

Never drive to AG myself but I see cars parked like this all the time due to the chronic lack of parking spaces, other than the fact the OP is trying to pass the buck to the club I think most are being a bit harsh on him

Most people would probably have had a bit of sympathy if the OP had come on and been more "got caught, live and learn, please be aware so that others don't get caught". 

The lack of sympathy comes from his stance that it's seemingly the club's fault and not his.

On 03/12/2017 at 09:23, bengalcub said:

So parking around Ashton Gate . After parking completely legally I have returned to my car to a police ticket ? I have taken photos to prove my innocence but was wondering will the club help in any way as I can’t be alone in the fact the police have no idea  ? After all your not allowed to double park but it happens on every road 09ABEEED-8264-4E92-B8C6-41071934DEF0.thumb.jpeg.87f4546d8cd73366dcdcfd5429c195c1.jpeg

Lets cut to the chase Bengal. 

I cant believe the number of 'Holier than thous'there are on here.  Probably the same B@@@@@@s that ride bicycles with those blinding flashing leds or drive around at 32 miles per hr in a 30 zone in  oversized wrong rovers with those BLINDING LEDs , and thats just the first page......

My understanding is that the ten metre rule , apart from being a load of ole codswollop is NOT a recognised offence DURING DAYLIGHT! merely  quite sensible guidance in the highway code . UNNECESSARY OBSTRUCTION apparently is an offence. What does your ticket actually say? And please clear up the confusion about the time of day. I am not a traffic officer but i have won 153 of my 157 parking appeals so far and consider it to be a hobby of mine''''''

Parking around the gate is a nightmare . And yes the club DO have a responsibility as do the council.

Portishead railway, Ashton Gate station, Vale Park and Ride, Bicycle season tickets and healthier pies can all play their part.

Does anybody have a link to the season ticket demographics and geographical location portal published by the club in 1908 when the club was surely at its peak...

I am not full time town planner but would consider it as a hobby of mine,,,,,

Maybe a handful of like minded people could get together and produce a comprehensive 83 word report with full drawings on the back of a cigarette packet explaining where these c@@@@@@s are going wrong.

PS are you the member of an exclusive indian dining club?

9 hours ago, harrys said:

Never drive to AG myself but I see cars parked like this all the time due to the chronic lack of parking spaces, other than the fact the OP is trying to pass the buck to the club I think most are being a bit harsh on him

I have to admit that if I’d arrived late, I might have taken the risk of parking there, but in the full knowledge there was a chance of a ticket.

i certainly wouldn’t have gone public with a complaint! It seems pretty clear that, at the outset, he either didn’t know he was parking illegally, or alternatively decided the rule was a bad one and shouldn’t be applied to him. Either is a silly thing to admit to. Blaming the club just puts the icing on the cake.

7 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

I cant believe the number of 'Holier than thous'there are on here.  Probably the same B@@@@@@s that ride bicycles with those blinding flashing leds or drive around at 32 miles per hr in a 30 zone in  oversized wrong rovers with those BLINDING LEDs , and thats just the first page......

My understanding is that the ten metre rule , apart from being a load of ole codswollop is NOT a recognised offence DURING DAYLIGHT! merely  quite sensible guidance in the highway code . UNNECESSARY OBSTRUCTION apparently is an offence. What does your ticket actually say? And please clear up the confusion about the time of day. I am not a traffic officer but i have won 153 of my 157 parking appeals so far and consider it to be a hobby of mine''''''

Parking around the gate is a nightmare . And yes the club DO have a responsibility as do the council.

Portishead railway, Ashton Gate station, Vale Park and Ride, Bicycle season tickets and healthier pies can all play their part.

Does anybody have a link to the season ticket demographics and geographical location portal published by the club in 1908 when the club was surely at its peak...

Maybe a handful of like minded people could get together and produce a comprehensive 83 word report with full drawings on the back of a cigarette packet explaining where these c@@@@@@s are going wrong.

Well as the match was after 5 and it's dark by 5 then just because he took the photo in the light is neither here or there. Even going by your idea of what is right or wrong. Clearly he/she was parked there outside of day light hours.

I always remember someone parking in my driveway when I lived down at Baltic wharf. It was a city home match. So I parked over my driveway blocking him in.  When he came back he went apoplectic at me as he had to be some where (I had been to the match and went for a few pints after). Instead of apologising to me he went berserk (he invalidated my car insurance by making my driveway unavailable so if someone had hit my car I would not have been able to make a claim). So because the bloke was such a ***** I didn't move my car.

He called the police, they came, I said I had been drinking and could not move my car. And my car keys were with my other half who was on a night shift. As I was not obstructing my own drive my car was not removed and the total bell end had to get a taxi back to Temple Meads and then an train journey up to Gloucester. He came back 3 days later to pick up his car, which I had had towed away and charged him for.

Moral of the story don'y **** about trying to be clever with parking as karma is a bitch.

13 minutes ago, TRL said:

Well as the match was after 5 and it's dark by 5 then just because he took the photo in the light is neither here or there. Even going by your idea of what is right or wrong. Clearly he/she was parked there outside of day light hours.

But, as the photo was 'taken in the light' as you point out, the only thing this proves is that he/she was clearly parked there during daylight hours.

Doesn't it?

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

But, as the photo was 'taken in the light' as you point out, the only thing this proves is that he was clearly parked there during daylight hours.

Doesn't it?

I suspect the ticket is timestamped and photo potentially taken.

And as the OP has clearly stated he parked to watch the football and provided photographic evidence he has done himself no favours.

19 minutes ago, TRL said:

I always remember someone parking in my driveway when I lived down at Baltic wharf. It was a city home match. So I parked over my driveway blocking him in.  When he came back he went apoplectic at me as he had to be some where (I had been to the match and went for a few pints after). Instead of apologising to me he went berserk (he invalidated my car insurance by making my driveway unavailable so if someone had hit my car I would not have been able to make a claim). So because the bloke was such a ***** I didn't move my car.

He called the police, they came, I said I had been drinking and could not move my car. And my car keys were with my other half who was on a night shift. As I was not obstructing my own drive my car was not removed and the total bell end had to get a taxi back to Temple Meads and then an train journey up to Gloucester. He came back 3 days later to pick up his car, which I had had towed away and charged him for.

Moral of the story don'y **** about trying to be clever with parking as karma is a bitch.

My god, you’re a nasty piece of work

44 minutes ago, Taz said:

Most people would probably have had a bit of sympathy if the OP had come on and been more "got caught, live and learn, please be aware so that others don't get caught". 

The lack of sympathy comes from his stance that it's seemingly the club's fault and not his.

Agreed, the way he is putting across his argument is doing him no favours but I still have a little sympathy for him mainly due to the fact that football fans are treated so differently from other sports fans inside and outside of sports stadiums, would be interesting to know if the rugby fans get treated in the same way

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

My god, you’re a nasty piece of work

I think the nasty piece of work was the one shouting abuse at me and threatening to cave my skull in for parking over my own driveway. But each to their own.  I personally think it's the very least he deserved and got off quite lightly

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Agreed, the way he is putting across his argument is doing him no favours but I still have a little sympathy for him mainly due to the fact that football fans are treated so differently from other sports fans inside and outside of sports stadiums, would be interesting to know if the rugby fans get treated in the same way

Agreed. Football fans do seem to get a raw deal on many levels, but instances like this don't really help.

57 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Crikey, you've started drinking early. . . 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

It applies On a whim , pick and choose punish football fans

No that is not correct.

we just ticket cars that are parked illegally., we don’t know who the cars belong to at the time, we also respond to complaints on rugby days .

previous tickets issued have included visitors to local residents, shoppers and even some residents!

basically whoever parks illegally runs the risk of receiving a ticket. 

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

No that is not correct.

we just ticket cars that are parked illegally., we don’t know who the cars belong to at the time, we also respond to complaints on rugby days .

previous tickets issued have included visitors to local residents, shoppers and even some residents!

basically whoever parks illegally runs the risk of receiving a ticket. 

He chanced his luck and didn't get away with it and now he wants to blame everyone and everything but himself.

Archived