IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

4 hours ago, JulieH said:

No that is not correct.

we just ticket cars that are parked illegally., we don’t know who the cars belong to at the time, we also respond to complaints on rugby days .

previous tickets issued have included visitors to local residents, shoppers and even some residents!

basically whoever parks illegally runs the risk of receiving a ticket. 

Big problem in the week too when there's no sport - never a PC or Traffic Warden to be found then though!

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

No that is not correct.

we just ticket cars that are parked illegally., we don’t know who the cars belong to at the time, we also respond to complaints on rugby days .

previous tickets issued have included visitors to local residents, shoppers and even some residents!

basically whoever parks illegally runs the risk of receiving a ticket. 

Any chance you can pop down Totterdown, you’ll make an absolute killing 

I have received two tickets in my AG parking life time. Once near County Gate and once in Parklands Road off the A369 that goes toward Bower Ashton. On both occasions I took loads of photos including clear way signs that were utterly obscured by dirt and grime so rendering them almost invisible; I believe the highway code tells us it is the obligation of the council to keep these clean. I also argued that there were no Police bollards on both occasions. For the County Gate offence they gave up after I wrote the third letter in reply to their third. With Parklands they wrote twice and interestingly called twice when I suggested they do so whereupon a family member suggested they call my Manila number as I was 'currently' abroad. I have never heard from them since. 

What does this tell us; well it tells me that regardless of whether you have a good case or not they will ignore your perfectly reasonable arguments unless you keep on writing and taking up their valuable time. Of course, if they had to put it to the test, I could easily have proved I was not in the country. 

I would suggest to anyone to stand up for yourself and make a compelling case why they should drop the demand. 

Does it not prove by the length of this thread now that people are genuinely annoyed by the lack of parking and the pick and choose nature of the police , they prey on match days , no explanation as to why two yellow lines can’t be painted everywhere around the gate where parking is illegal? 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Does it not prove by the length of this thread now that people are genuinely annoyed by the lack of parking and the pick and choose nature of the police , they prey on match days , no explanation as to why two yellow lines can’t be painted everywhere around the gate where parking is illegal? 

No. 

31 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I’m not normally a fan of emojicons or whatever they’re called but I honestly feel like this one adequately sums this thread up now.  :grr:

54 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

If you had stopped posting after your initial comments it would still be on the first page.:yawn:

11 hours ago, TRL said:

Well as the match was after 5 and it's dark by 5 then just because he took the photo in the light is neither here or there. Even going by your idea of what is right or wrong. Clearly he/she was parked there outside of day light hours.

I always remember someone parking in my driveway when I lived down at Baltic wharf. It was a city home match. So I parked over my driveway blocking him in.  When he came back he went apoplectic at me as he had to be some where (I had been to the match and went for a few pints after). Instead of apologising to me he went berserk (he invalidated my car insurance by making my driveway unavailable so if someone had hit my car I would not have been able to make a claim). So because the bloke was such a ***** I didn't move my car.

He called the police, they came, I said I had been drinking and could not move my car. And my car keys were with my other half who was on a night shift. As I was not obstructing my own drive my car was not removed and the total bell end had to get a taxi back to Temple Meads and then an train journey up to Gloucester. He came back 3 days later to pick up his car, which I had had towed away and charged him for.

Moral of the story don'y **** about trying to be clever with parking as karma is a bitch.

Annoying as it was technically you were breaking the law by obstructing access to a public highway.

1 minute ago, Laner said:

Annoying as it was technically you were breaking the law by obstructing access to a public highway.

i was blocking access to a public highway from a private driveway, one which I owned. he was obstructing my access to my private drive with a dropped curb, so it was in fact he who was illegally parked as he was stopping my access to my drive, I was not stopping any traffic. That was confirmed by the officer that came :)  I am entitled to park in front of my own private driveway, or I was back then, I don't know if anything has changed since, this was back in the early 2000's

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Some people love the digs some people think it’s a fair ticket some agree it’s harsh some think the club should do more for their fans in regards to parking , it’s a forum and it provoked a discussion at least ...

And everyone agrees you’re a plonker. 

5 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Does it not prove by the length of this thread now that people are genuinely annoyed by the lack of parking and the pick and choose nature of the police , they prey on match days , no explanation as to why two yellow lines can’t be painted everywhere around the gate where parking is illegal

Have you actually read any of the replies?

There is no need to paint double yellow lines on road sections where the Highway Code has already informed you that's it's against the law to park where you parked. Quite simple really.

21 hours ago, Monkeh said:

thats the law 10m or 32ft, unless there is a designated parking space rule 243 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252 

10 meters you say? 

That has swung the argument for me. Surely, instead of sitting back watching the referee mark out 10 meters for the odd free kick during a game, the club should have insisted the referee take his bloody magic spray and mark out said distance from every junction within a 5 mile radius of the gate. That way, innocent supporters would not go through the trauma of parking entrapment.

l will be writing to the club, the referees association, my local MP and the Daily Mail. I strongly suggest the OTIB community does likewise. 

38 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

10 meters you say? 

That has swung the argument for me. Surely, instead of sitting back watching the referee mark out 10 meters for the odd free kick during a game, the club should have insisted the referee take his bloody magic spray and mark out said distance from every junction within a 5 mile radius of the gate. That way, innocent supporters would not go through the trauma of parking entrapment.

l will be writing to the club, the referees association, my local MP and the Daily Mail. I strongly suggest the OTIB community does likewise. 

I'd advice against ringing though as they don't offer the nappy changing and the certainly don't pick up the toys after they've been thrown out of the pram

46 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Red lion lad so your happy that people double park illigally ? 

I don’t quite understand your repeated references to double parking, which have largely been ignored. I don’t see any evidence of regular double parking around AG, as the roads simply aren’t wide enough to make it possible.

Unless of course your definition of double parking is different to mine - ie two cars parked parallel on the same side of the carriageway. The legal definition seems to be parking more than 50cm from the kerb. Is this what you mean?

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I don’t quite understand your repeated references to double parking, which have largely been ignored. I don’t see any evidence of regular double parking around AG, as the roads simply aren’t wide enough to make it possible.

Unless of course your definition of double parking is different to mine - ie two cars parked parallel on the same side of the carriageway. The legal definition seems to be parking more than 50cm from the kerb. Is this what you mean?

I think he means cars parked on both sides of the road.

Archived