IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was driving past Huish Park this morning and there was a copper out with a speed gun. I think I was OK but if I do get a fine you can be damn sure Darren Way will be hearing from my solicitor.

Is Darren Way named after some road in Yeovil?

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

And the cones are already out....for the rugby game tonight! :blink: I bet the residents have got every cone in the country ready for the Man U match

They should send a council truck out to collect them all as most will have been `liberated` from various roadworks sites around the city. 

It`s only right that council taxpayers get the property they`ve paid for back.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

They should send a council truck out to collect them all as most will have been `liberated` from various roadworks sites around the city. 

It`s only right that council taxpayers get the property they`ve paid for back.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Some of the residents have been buying their own that look very similar to real ones, and putting those out. They can be ignored I’ve been assured. Would love to have a definitive list of the roads that the official cones are on, so we know to ignore any others.  

Also illegal as they are illegally obstructing the highway by illegally placing cones and theft in acquiring them

@JulieH are the Police aware of this practice ?

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Some of the residents have been buying their own that look very similar to real ones, and putting those out. They can be ignored I’ve been assured. Would love to have a definitive list of the roads that the official cones are on, so we know to ignore any others.  

i'm sure thats available somewhere, 

These have to be residents ones, i mean they were out so early, before 8.30am. Got to be the residents putting them out as i cant believe it was council employees. Not much better than littering dropping them all around the streets

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

These have to be residents ones, i mean they were out so early, before 8.30am. Got to be the residents putting them out as i cant believe it was council employees. Not much better than littering dropping them all around the streets

@RedM The council do not put out any cones - they are put out by ETM and all the roads surrounding the ground were conned by 8.30 this morning as you say. Roads further away I cannot say if they are 'legit' cones or from residents. However (and I gave out this information last season) regardless of whose cones they are they are 'advisory' only so can be moved by anyone (as happens every game without anyone being ticketed for doing so).

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@RedM The council do not put out any cones - they are put out by ETM and all the roads surrounding the ground were conned by 8.30 this morning as you say. Roads further away I cannot say if they are 'legit' cones or from residents. However (and I gave out this information last season) regardless of whose cones they are they are 'advisory' only so can be moved by anyone (as happens every game without anyone being ticketed for doing so).

Presumably, you are referring to the red/ red and white cones and not to the yellow Police cones.

I think you can only push people so far and there is a point when you got to bite back (I'm in that mood today). If residents are putting unauthorised cones down in more and more roads they have to be questioned. People pay road tax and should be able to park legally where they want for a  couple of hours. 

I DO understand the parking issues around the stadium but what gives residents the right to take the law into their own hands 

18 hours ago, Monkeh said:

maybe it's something our @JulieH can help clear up for us @RedM

I will try to clear it up but not sure I know all the answers!

cones are only legally enforceable for restricted parking/ no parking I’d they are placed by a proper authourity, eg police/ council/ highways. I am aware in the past the council have used other agencies on their behalf to place the cones, therefore etm could be this agency , I will try and get it confirmed.

cones put out by residents/ other members of the public are not legally enforceable however should an obstruction of the highway/ dropped kerb / parking to close to the junction occur as a result of cars ignoring these cones then irrelevant to the cone these cars can then be ticketed etc.

parking and traffic is not my expertise to be honest but I am sure the above is correct. 

My advice is as always get there as early as you can, park legally and enjoy the game, traffic management with increasing crowds is going to be tricky for both fans of football and rugby and local residents, but with a sensible approach from everyone I am sure we can middle through until permanent solutions can be found . 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I will try to clear it up but not sure I know all the answers!

cones are only legally enforceable for restricted parking/ no parking I’d they are placed by a proper authourity, eg police/ council/ highways. I am aware in the past the council have used other agencies on their behalf to place the cones, therefore etm could be this agency , I will try and get it confirmed.

cones put out by residents/ other members of the public are not legally enforceable however should an obstruction of the highway/ dropped kerb / parking to close to the junction occur as a result of cars ignoring these cones then irrelevant to the cone these cars can then be ticketed etc.

parking and traffic is not my expertise to be honest but I am sure the above is correct. 

My advice is as always get there as early as you can, park legally and enjoy the game, traffic management with increasing crowds is going to be tricky for both fans of football and rugby and local residents, but with a sensible approach from everyone I am sure we can middle through until permanent solutions can be found . 

Clear as mud then hehe, thanks though

On 05/12/2017 at 09:22, Monkeh said:

thats the law 10m or 32ft, unless there is a designated parking space rule 243 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252 

Can you tell me is it still legal if the lines are more than 10m? I've seen a few on google image around where some lines are more than 10m long, they look about 30. Also seen some where they look under 10m. 

On 08/12/2017 at 16:04, RedM said:

I think you can only push people so far and there is a point when you got to bite back (I'm in that mood today). If residents are putting unauthorised cones down in more and more roads they have to be questioned. People pay road tax and should be able to park legally where they want for a  couple of hours. 

I DO understand the parking issues around the stadium but what gives residents the right to take the law into their own hands 

Personally I think it's a cheek. Same with parking permits. If you don't want people to park outside your house, don't live near a shopping centre/football stadium

Archived