IGNORED

Sheffield United 3 points or none

Negan

Looking at Friday night opponents they either win or lose, only 1 draw this season and this game looks as though it will have a winner. They also have the most defeats in the top 6 with 7! So they are there for the taking I think! We all know what happened last time we won there! Here’s hoping for the same outcome. 

However they have just lost to Milwall so they’ll be looking to put things right at home infront of the cameras. In my opinion this is our hardest game of the season to date. A win here and I may start to believe. Having said all that I’d take a very boring 0-0 right now! 

15 minutes ago, Negan said:

Looking at Friday night opponents they either win or lose, only 1 draw this season and this game looks as though it will have a winner. They also have the most defeats in the top 6 with 7! So they are there for the taking I think! We all know what happened last time we won there! Here’s hoping for the same outcome. 

However they have just lost to Milwall so they’ll be looking to put things right at home infront of the cameras. In my opinion this is our hardest game of the season to date. A win here and I may start to believe. Having said all that I’d take a very boring 0-0 right now! 

Their squad is very average. Been on a crest of a wave after promotion. We should be confident in going there. 

They are a weird one because I thought they were supposed to be a well drilled defensive team that was overacheiving because they were getting more goals than expected. Recently, however, they have been conceding a fair few. Millwall struck 3 past them while Fulham got 5. Granted they scored 5 in those two games as well. 

Obviously I have only seen highlights of them but they don’t scare me. I know they have scored a few but I can’t see us getting overran and conceding 3+. Then basing on last night’s performance and getting 3 in a half hour at Hull, I think we can score 2-3. I feel confident we can win 3-1 and maybe have a second straight week of showing how serious a contender we are. 

Very good friend of mine is a blade. 

He thinks if we play tight and counter we’ll probably take them at the moment. 

If we go open and try and take them on he’s confident they’ll out score us. 

As we seem to be very good at the former - and are probably a little short of other options at the moment - I would expect that’s the way we’ll go. 

With City 3rd and the Blades 4th, neither side will want to lose this game. It'll probably be a draw.

Oddly enough that's what some fans of City & Ipswich were saying at the end of September before THAT game at Portman Road.

I don't know whether their small number of draws says something about the way they play of their team mentality. It could just be one of those random distribution things. I don't doubt they are a decent side but I think their seeming success and good league position might have something to do with the number of games that are being drawn that then break their way. That's the way things work in a league where wins get 3 points not two; a few lucky wins can really push you up the table. As their luck runs out it could be that they are drawn back down. 

You could make the inverse argument for City. At the moment we have a lot of draws. You look to Sheffield Wednesday where we were the better team, there's every chance that on another day we come away with a scrappy goal and three points. Then you're looking up. I put a lot more store in our performances over a 10 match period than i do in the outcome of the last game. Theres just too much randomness in a game of football not to.

But then maybe I'm being an optimist. God knows why after all these years.

Archived