IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Google search saved my career

Sandhurst Red

5 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Apologies if this has been posted before, but just came across this excellent piece by Bailey Wright.

Just from how he comes across in the article, you can see why he is captain material.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/bailey-wright-google-search-saved-my-career/#RJ4PfXkZIEzFWsCt.97

What an absolutely brilliant article, well found mate. 

What a bloke, talk about never giving up and believing in yourself.

Good article.

I would not knock the skill that many young players at the top clubs have. Given a choice, I would always prefer however somebody who has worked their way up the ranks as it were, who recognises how privileged they are, believes that hard work maximises that, and will grasp every chance that comes along. Something I feel about Flint and quite a few of our team.

Not their fault, but if you have been at one of the big clubs since 12, breezed through youth football and think you have it made,  it is always a different mind set or so it seems to me, when you have to step up, or in most cases take a step down to a smaller club to make a living for yourself.

For a high proportion of ours, frankly this is as high as they have been on the very greasy pole or professional football. Many are young and still have a hunger to get higher. If they do it with us, all the better. If its with somebody else, all the best to them.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Good article.

I would not knock the skill that many young players at the top clubs have. Given a choice, I would always prefer however somebody who has worked their way up the ranks as it were, who recognises how privileged they are, believes that hard work maximises that, and will grasp every chance that comes along. Something I feel about Flint and quite a few of our team.

Not their fault, but if you have been at one of the big clubs since 12, breezed through youth football and think you have it made,  it is always a different mind set or so it seems to me, when you have to step up, or in most cases take a step down to a smaller club to make a living for yourself.

For a high proportion of ours, frankly this is as high as they have been on the very greasy pole or professional football. Many are young and still have a hunger to get higher. If they do it with us, all the better. If its with somebody else, all the best to them.

I remember an interview a few years back with Paolo Di Canio. He was from a very poor background and he said that every day he thanks God for how lucky he is and for having people around him who believed in him and made him work hard to achieve success. I read similar in an interview in 442 recently with Zlatan.

There`s nothing wrong with remembering where you came from and the people that sacrificed themselves to help you on the way up.

PNE have used Springfields Nuclear Prossessing Plant's sports facilities for years, it's in Lea on the western fringe of Preston. It isn't next to the plant so is quite pleasant with Lea Golf Club next to it. Great pitches, I've played cricket there a few times, bit like Imperial Sports Ground was although the changing facilities are very basic.

Read this on twitter last night, superb article

Bailey really does come over as a real good guy, always so thankful for the skill and the chance in life he's been given. During the Ashes I'd hate to have a pint with an Aussie, but I'd certainly buy BW one

Archived