IGNORED

The £1,000,000 game?

Vespa Red

My apologies if this has been asked before (and mods, please delete this thread if it has).  But, is the Man Utd game likely to be the first single match at Ashton Gate that could lead to income receipts (ticket sales, hospitality, pies and pints, shirts and scarves) in excess of a million quid?

5 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

My apologies if this has been asked before (and mods, please delete this thread if it has).  But, is the Man Utd game likely to be the first single match at Ashton Gate that could lead to income receipts (ticket sales, hospitality, pies and pints, shirts and scarves) in excess of a million quid?

Bag of a fag packet but think it'll be closer to £1.5m. Each club takes 45% of gate receipts

If 27k are paying an average of £30 each that’s £810,000 straight away.

Most people will want a programme for this one. There will plenty of food and drink sales. If we say each person in the ground spends a fiver each on average that’s another £135,000.

So you’ve hit £945,000 before you’ve even thought about hospitality, which makes a bomb of course. I’d say it’ll be closer to £2 million.

But they won’t sell many shirts, because they don’t have any stock. Which, with so many fringe supporters coming just before Christmas, is madness.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Most people will want a programme for this one. There will plenty of food and drink sales. If we say each person in the ground spends a fiver each on average that’s another £135,000.

So you’ve hit £945,000 before you’ve even thought about hospitality, which makes a bomb of course. I’d say it’ll be closer to £2 million.

But they won’t sell many shirts, because they don’t have any stock. Which, with so many fringe supporters coming just before Christmas, is madness.

Gate receipts alone, no, (and it’s only 45%) but as CR says a lot of associated income, that’s all ours!  Will go some way to funding better contracts if not part-helping recruitment.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The football club have no replica shirts in stock? Is that some kind of joke? 

40 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Where is this coming from..? The shop looked full of them on Saturday, when I passed at the end of the game and certainly seemed fully stocked when I bought 3 kits for presents a couple of weeks ago. 

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Where is this coming from..? The shop looked full of them on Saturday, when I passed at the end of the game and certainly seemed fully stocked when I bought 3 kits for presents a couple of weeks ago. 

IMG_1176.PNG

Have emailed Club. Out of Stock Medium and large for over 3 weeks. Waiting for reply has been 2 weeks since sent. Was informed email sent to store Manager. Asked for in to be sent to head of Bristol Sport. Was told he does not deal with things like this. Explained vast loss of income especially what is happening at our club at the moment. Sack Store Manager. Response from Head of Bristol Sport required 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

IMG_1176.PNG

Really not good enough, if that is correct. 

For everything that is going so right with the club at the moment, the club shop, it’s stocking, management and staff (when I’ve been in there) are really letting the side down. 

1 hour ago, locobaker said:

Have emailed Club. Out of Stock Medium and large for over 3 weeks. Waiting for reply has been 2 weeks since sent. Was informed email sent to store Manager. Asked for in to be sent to head of Bristol Sport. Was told he does not deal with things like this. Explained vast loss of income especially what is happening at our club at the moment. Sack Store Manager. Response from Head of Bristol Sport required 

Surely the whole point of producing our own kit is to reduce costs, but also, when needed, you just need to press a button and more stock is produced and delivered straight away. 

I bought a mini away kit for my 3 year old and there were no socks with it. I left my number with them So they could let me know when they were in but I’ve not heard anything 2/3 weeks later. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Vuvuzelas? Half and half scarfs? Foam hands? Plastic 'clappy' things? AARRRRGGGGHHHH! :grr::grr:

Bloody WUM'S ;)

I think you'll find we're all deadly serious. We should leave a little prawn sandwich on every seat too.

15 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And if we do happen to win then that 2 million will be nothing to what we will get next.

Archived