IGNORED

Leonid Slutsky - Sacked

Northern Red

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t their owner a born & bred Hull fan..?

Not as far as I’m aware, their owners have been trying to sell them for years after trying & failing to change their name to Hull Tigers or have I missed something? The Allams or something like that?

19 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Hardly a surprise. 

Dont really know much about him - but seems really uninspiring in all his interviews!

At least we haven’t got to play them just after they get a new Manager,

I quite liked him. Ignoring the fact that he was just Dexter Fletcher method acting as a Russian, he's got a top surname.

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Not as far as I’m aware, their owners have been trying to sell them for years after trying & failing to change their name to Hull Tigers or have I missed something? The Allams or something like that?

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

No, he isn’t 

Ah right, I was mistaken with that assumption, although he is a long term British resident, who is based in their local area, so unlike a lot of foreign owners who come from nowhere and have no affiliation with the club they buy. 

54 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah right, I was mistaken with that assumption, although he is a long term British resident, who is based in their local area, so unlike a lot of foreign owners who come from nowhere and have no affiliation with the club they buy. 

You aren't mistaken, he has had business interests in Hull for many years.

He may not have been born in the U.K., but there won't be too many more local owners (us & Boro excepted).

14 minutes ago, iamsober said:

born in Egypt but lived in Yorkshire for nearly 50 years

Yep, not your typical overseas investor.  Done a lot for Hull area / community, but I think the Hull Tigers name idea  made him sound like a Vincent Tan type, and that tarred his reputation.  Was quite ill during that period too.

The trouble is, any foreign manager coming into a league that they have no history of, are going to need substantial funds made available so they can sign the players that they can trust (just as any British manager tends to do as they take on a new job) & settle into the job & give them an opportunity to start well but because of Hull’s ongoing ownership issues where the Allam’s have been trying to sell them, they have not made any form of substantial funds available, especially for a team that has been in the Premier League & it left Slutsky working with a group of players that he probably knew very little about!

Add to that that they sold their decent players during the summer & never really replaced them, Slutsky was always on a hiding to nothing, his big hope was that his friendship with Abramovich was going to mean that he could ‘borrow’ all these Chelsea superstars, I think that amounted to two players with no Chelsea first team experience & did little to fill the holes by the players that were sold!!

Any manager going into a club like Hull are on a hiding to nothing, they are going to get little money because who’s going to want to spend money on something that they are trying to sell? And unless they hit the floor running, they are unlikely to get any real opportunity at the job because the owners are going to expect a push at promotion as they have little or no knowledge of the game & just expect success.

With the state the club are in now, they are more likely to lose players than attract anyone of any decent caliber & what’s the chances that Chelsea recall their players back as their reason for loaning the players is no longer there!! The owners still want to sell, so there will be little or no money made available for January & if anything I can see the start of the asset stripping!!

Is there anyone worthwhile us making a move for?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, not your typical overseas investor.  Done a lot for Hull area / community, but I think the Hull Tigers name idea  made him sound like a Vincent Tan type, and that tarred his reputation.  Was quite ill during that period too.

Was he the one that was going to walk if they weren't allowed to change their name to the Tigers?

getting like the Prem with certain managers brought in as firemen to keep them up...

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s two that have been sacked after the game after they lost to us. Him and Simon Grayson.

Thinking about it, is Grayson a shout to go to Hull now?

BetVictor have Nigel Adkins as odds-on favourite, then Lambert at 3/1, then a big gap to the likes of Grayson, Pearson, Poyet, Karanka and Giggs at 25s.

9 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

The trouble is, any foreign manager coming into a league that they have no history of, are going to need substantial funds made available so they can sign the players that they can trust (just as any British manager tends to do as they take on a new job) & settle into the job & give them an opportunity to start well but because of Hull’s ongoing ownership issues where the Allam’s have been trying to sell them, they have not made any form of substantial funds available, especially for a team that has been in the Premier League & it left Slutsky working with a group of players that he probably knew very little about!

Add to that that they sold their decent players during the summer & never really replaced them, Slutsky was always on a hiding to nothing, his big hope was that his friendship with Abramovich was going to mean that he could ‘borrow’ all these Chelsea superstars, I think that amounted to two players with no Chelsea first team experience & did little to fill the holes by the players that were sold!!

Any manager going into a club like Hull are on a hiding to nothing, they are going to get little money because who’s going to want to spend money on something that they are trying to sell? And unless they hit the floor running, they are unlikely to get any real opportunity at the job because the owners are going to expect a push at promotion as they have little or no knowledge of the game & just expect success.

With the state the club are in now, they are more likely to lose players than attract anyone of any decent caliber & what’s the chances that Chelsea recall their players back as their reason for loaning the players is no longer there!! The owners still want to sell, so there will be little or no money made available for January & if anything I can see the start of the asset stripping!!

Is there anyone worthwhile us making a move for?

Nah .

Archived